closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Darwin Award Nominee... YT prank nearly gone wrong

Blog Entries

Darwin Award Nominee... YT prank nearly gone wrong

My youngest showed me this video. Surely, this is wáy beyond 'drying your wet dog in the microwave' stupidity. It's about 10mins of toe-crunching stupidity. When watching, I realised that reality is bigger than the most stupid fantasy. There must be a lesson in it somewhere...

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    One can only hope that at the very least the morons were presented with a bill for the wasted time of both the ambulance service and the fire brigade.

Master
    I sent this to a mate of mine earlier today and said to him it is a potential Darwin Award nominee.

Master
    Should have left it on...

You've got it wrong. It was a gallant attempt but the fact that he survived, and that he didn't damage his gonads in the process mean he is still able to procreate and therefore failed to remove his genes from the pool. Thus he doesn't qualify for the D.A.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    You've got it wrong. It was a gallant attempt but the fact that he survived, and that he didn't damage his gonads in the process mean he is still able to procreate and therefore failed to remove his genes from the pool. Thus he doesn't qualify for the D.A.
    As a friend -who watched this on his phone- replied: "When they took him to the hospital for a check-up, they should have done a vasectomy on him as well!"

Menno

I wonder how much this cost the taxpayer and I wonder how much they earn through ad revenue.

Blog Entries
    I rewatched this with my oldest just a few minutes ago.

I admire the professionalism of the first responders! Truly these heroes show dedication, concentration and look non-biased when working to relief a dumb man (not using stronger language here on the G&D) from his predicament.

Menno

I am away with work and this has just featured on the local news with an interview of the "star" - what an utter f***ing contemptible piece of s*** douchebag he is, he thought the whole thing hilarious and encouraged people to view his other videos as they are monetised.

Fire and rescue service are livid, but unable to charge him a £650 fee as his life was genuinely in danger :(

Craftsman
    I managed 90 seconds but couldn't be doing with his stupid voice

Master
    I’m on holiday & wifi is too slow to watch, but from the above and the opening couple of seconds of footage, dear god some people are just beyond help

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    This.

I have no words.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtennisguru View Post
    I am away with work and this has just featured on the local news with an interview of the "star" - what an utter f***ing contemptible piece of s*** douchebag he is, he thought the whole thing hilarious and encouraged people to view his other videos as they are monetised.

Fire and rescue service are livid, but unable to charge him a £650 fee as his life was genuinely in danger :(
    Agree with the above, people like him take the ''Great'' out of Britain.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

To be a Darwin Award nominee, don’t you have to die?

Grand Master
    And now that video will get millions of views, they'll get loads of subscribers and make money out of this whole incident. If youtube had some sense they'd remove this content and temporarily ban these idiots/

Can someone tell me how this deters idiots doing it again if all they see is these guys getting huge publicity and loads of hits?

Die or be rendered incapable of having kids. Shame he used polyfilla, plaster of Paris would have been much better for the Darwin attempt :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevec View Post
    Die or be rendered incapable of having kids. Shame he used polyfilla, plaster of Paris would have been much better for the Darwin attempt :)
    Quick setting concrete would have been better and wire the cretin’s conkers to the mains as well so as he hops up and down he dislodges any air bubbles in the concrete!

Master
    Blog Entries
    What an absolute fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Argee1977 View Post
    And now that video will get millions of views, they'll get loads of subscribers and make money out of this whole incident. If youtube had some sense they'd remove this content and temporarily ban these idiots/

Can someone tell me how this deters idiots doing it again if all they see is these guys getting huge publicity and loads of hits?
    At the risk of reading too much into this latest example of idiocy, it seems as a society we’ve more or less reached something similiar to the hunger games or running man idea or maybe a digital circus maximus would be more accurate. Sure we’ve always had daft idiots but the monetisation of stupidly risky behaviour by the desperate for the amusement of the masses...hardly a step forward.
    Last edited by Passenger; 10th December 2017 at 10:30.