Ok so it arrived. First off I'm a bit of a steinhart fan as you prob know , but I'll give my honest appraisal of it now.
First up the size - at first glance it's not small - only when held alongside an ocean 42 that the difference is apparent. Size is perfect imho, so 10/10 for that. Crown engages and disengages precisely and with a positive feel so 10/10 there too. Lume is great, falling a little shy of sumo and Pelagos levels but a solid 8/10. Dial is a deep matte black and works well with the vintage lume colour 10/10 for that. The bezel is my first disappointment-the 42 version bezel was fine for the price but mine on the 39 has what I would call "significant play" when you push it the wrong direction, so sadly I'm only giving that a 4/10. Crystal is lovely and the shorter Lug to lug length definitely is an improvement on the wrist over the 42 version. The bracelet is nice and very comfortable with a 20/16 taper but the clasp feels a little "tinny" and no divers extension 6/10.

Overall I'm happy with it, but the bezel play is very annoying particularly as I haven't had that on a steinhart to any great degree before. If you've held a Ginault ocean rover, then you wouldn't buy this, but at just over 40% of the cost of the Ginault I'm sure you would like this. Ofc it's a strap monster btw. Be interested to hear others views on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk