closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Vintage Timex

Vintage Timex

I've been flipping a lot of these old vintage Timex's this last year, had some really nice ones pass through my hands. Just a hobby there's no profit in it, I just like to see them, wear them briefly then move them on. This one arrived this morning and I have to say it's the pick of the bunch - been serviced and had new crystal, it's a 1972 with a light champagne dial and gold plated 36mm case. Ticking away beautifully. Can't believe what good condition it's in to say it's 45 years old. No filter on the pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    I like it very simple and elegant.
    Do you get many a bit larger in size?

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    I like it very simple and elegant.
    Do you get many a bit larger in size?
    No, this is actually the largest I've had at 36mm. The era that I tend to get them from - late 60's up to mid 70's, this was the common size for a man's watch I think, certainly for a dress watch like this.

Very nice, I have a 1972 electric that I like very much.
    Let me know if you get hold of a Rally model, I'll take it off your hands when you get bored with it!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbee View Post
    Very nice, I have a 1972 electric that I like very much.
    Let me know if you get hold of a Rally model, I'll take it off your hands when you get bored with it!
    The one with the chequer flag running across the dial? I’m sure I have one somewhere, I’ll let you know. Are they worth a fortune? 😁
    Cheers..
    Jase

Craftsman
    That's a lovely watch, and a fine size as well.

I type this whilst wearing my 36mm rallye hand wind with date. It has orange baton hour markers and is as reliable as they come. Not sure of the service history, but I've never given it a service yet.

I also have the 38mm rally which has a slightly different case but same dial (although has a really really funky date wheel) love these watches.

Like you, I like to dabble in the 70's watches, especially the manual wind ones. Timex are my favourite, but i also have a Sekonda, 38mm day date silver dial. Lovely.