closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Theres is hope if you have carpal tunnel and dont want the operation

Banned

Theres is hope if you have carpal tunnel and dont want the operation

yes this is boring if it doesn't apply to you, but I thought it may help others.

with the budgets it is hard to get Physiotherapy [or anything for that matter],but I was lucky and someone in the hospital arranged it for me.

the first 1 hour session I was given specific exercises which I found hard.
    today [3 weeks later] was my second session and this time the girl did some hands on arm manipulation and movement.

the skill she had was obvious, when she had finished I could make a fist with my left hand for the first time in many years.
    it was unbelievable I was so happy,she has told me it may wear off, but I have hope if I carry on with the sessions.

it was not so successful with my right, in fact I have more pain in a different area.
    but I realise that this may ease as the exercises get things moving.

so if you have the same pains it may well be worth you trying this as well

Good for you, really pleased to hear you've got some improvement

I have just had the surgery done on my right hand, having had the left done in June.

I had no idea it was a treatable condition previously having suffered mildly for about 10yrs, over which time it got progressively worse. I just assumed it was a sideeffect of years handling large reams of paper etc in the Print industry.
    Its stopped my riding bikes and doing other things i enjoyed, mainly due to the sudden numbness andc subsequent lack of feel for controls.
    Over the last 12mths, the discomfort and pain became extreme, often feeling like having large needles pushed between by elbow joint and knuckles and prising them apart. This was normally worse at night.

The operations seem to have been sucessful, though i have develop Stenosing Tenosynovistis in my thumb.

I am not sure its related, but its a bit frustrating as i feel like i am back to square one, albeit with a different sympton.

K

Banned
    I was given 2 choices an operation or a cortosone injection by my Doctor,she wanted to operate straight away.

It was after speaking to the girl who fitted my splints that she told me about physio,she was the one who arranged it.
    Why its not given as a option i dont know,there is a marked differance in movement in both hands.
    I would reccomend it even if you have had the operation,but it needs to be with some one skilled.

CTS has limited the sorts of bikes I ride for the last 10 years: anything too ‘head down, arse up’ will affect me to the point of heavy pain, oddly not straight away but the day after onwards. Surgery was recommended, but only as a last resort as I also have Dupuytrens Contracture and the op for the former could cause complications with the latter. Physio was never mentioned, so it’s interesting to hear of this and please keep us updated.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Banned
    I am still amazed at my left hands transformation.
    Just to show you what i have been doing dont try this at home.

Last edited by soapy; 8th November 2013 at 16:00.

Banned
    UPDATE all I can say is why isn't this given as a option?

I know have much more feel than before and the exercises are getting less painful.

I had the operation almost 12 years ago. Afterwards I spoke with a friend who recommended me to try the Matt Furey method. He claims it can cure it in 30 days and watching his video, I believe him. Do a Google search for Matt Furey and see what you think.

My wife is a physio and also she uses the bowen therapy
    very pleased with her results in general

Has anyone any more information on exercises that may help CTS?

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post

Wrist flexor stretch exercises worked best for me (I do mine with my arm out sideways and hand horizontal at 90degrees being flexed using a door jamb - head pointing the other way to maximise the stretch in the median nerve) :

http://www.webmd.com/pain-management...unnel-syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    You could try using the search function
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    I did, and I googled it as well which is why I ended up coming back here, I suspect you have no trouble keeping your hat on.

Glad to have found this thread. I was diagnosed with CTS yesterday. I’m gutted because; a) it hurts, b) I can’t train at the gym, and c) I just bought my first Rolex and it looks crap with my wrist splint on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used a power ball (go for an autostart as they are less of a faff) to sort my (left) wrist out, it's fun(ish) and it works!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using TZ-UK mobile app

I’ve had both wrists operated on - 15 years apart - and in both cases it was totally successful. The more recent operation had a much shorter recuperation period as they now recommend you use your hand as much as (sensibly) possible almost immediately after surgery. To be honest maybe I’ve been really lucky but the transformation after the operation was so complete, and the recovery time so swift that I couldn’t recommend it more highly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had both hands done, one in 2005, the other on 2007. Full use of both hands since, and almost invisible scars on both hands. The nurse-practitioner who did the pre-surgery review and diagnosis took loads of pictures of my hand during the surgery (I have big hands) and these are apparently used in all the new textbooks/presentation materials, until she went on maternity leave a couple of years ago I used to get regular updates when she had presented to a new audience in Oman, Oz, NZ, Canada etc