closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sinn Servicing for UK based owners

Craftsman

Sinn Servicing for UK based owners

Hi,

I know there has been a bad backlog on Sinn Servicing at the Fft factory in recent times. My beloved U1 recently packed up (suddenly felt rough to wind then the crown stopped completely) and I remembered hearing some horror stories at the end of last year re 6 month waiting times etc.

I started by calling Sinn DE: Err, guten tag. Mein aufzugskrone ist kaputt! "Its ok sir, I speak English....". Seriously, the young lady I spoke to was extremely helpful and said turnaround times were 12 to 14 weeks for a U1 service. She stressed that it would take longer if the customer wanted to confirm their estimate first. I know the watch needs fixing so I'm happy to take the 180 EUR full service quote up front.

There's a strong chance I'll take the opportunity to go back in the New Year and pick it up in person as we still have a lot of friends in Fft from when I used to live there. So that "saves" me the 65€ shipping home.. Another watch shopping opportunity too!

Thought I'd check with Page & Cooper as well. They quoted a 6 week turnaround for £295 for a full service. I didn't bother asking about the cost of a repair sans service.

Think I'll stick with a workshop I know and trust and send the watch to Fft.

Hope this info helps any other Sinn owners.

Cheers

Dave

Craftsman
    I had my Sister (who lives in Germany) take my U2 into the Sinn AD in Essen. They can service in store and took just under 4 weeks. Serviced and replaced parts. Total price €350.
    Very happy with the work.

Journeyman

Sinn service at Page & Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by PDR View Post
    I had my Sister (who lives in Germany) take my U2 into the Sinn AD in Essen. They can service in store and took just under 4 weeks. Serviced and replaced parts. Total price €350.
    Very happy with the work.

Journeyman

SIN SERVICE AT PAGE & COOPER

Hi,
    Has anyone had problems with Page and Cooper re Sinn servicing lately.
    I sent my Sinn 157 chrono for service ant to have an English date wheel fitted last October, and was quoted a return date before Christmas which came and went, I asked when I may have it back and was quoted then "we are waiting for a part from Sinn expected this week and we will let you know if it arrives," since then nothing. so after the holiday I asked again....no reply. I think this is disgraceful service and thought I would warn other Sinn owners.
    Thanks for reading my rant but I JUST WANT MY WATCH BACK!

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    The delay may well be Sinn’s fault rather than Page & Cooper’s, as I recently sent them a Damasko for repair (which they sent back to Damasko in Germany) and I was amazed at the quick turnaround. Cost of repair was £195.

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Sounds familiar unfortunately
    There was a brouhaha about a Damasko service that went via P&C in this thread about a year and half ago.

Craftsman
    I bought a watch from P&C last year. It took 19 days to arrive from the time of placing my order. I was happy enough with my purchase and the communication. I also ordered a spare strap that took more than 3 months to arrive.... I don't know why it took so long?

I knew that Sinn were about to discontinue the model I bought, so I thought it would be a good idea to purchase the matching specific bracelet.

I decided to phone Neil @ Chronomaster and placed my order for the bracelet .......He said that it would be coming in from Germany.... it was with me just over a week later, well impressed!