closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My MUstang GT V8

Mustang!

Thanks for sharing this.
    I do remember you mentioning to me a couple of years ago in a pm that you were going to order one and I said ‘send me a recording of the exhaust’!
    Well, you’ve certainly done that, you are a brave and imaginative man to do all that to a brand new stock vehicle.
    I think it’s fantastic, well done and look forward to hearing how much further you progress.

Andy

ps: The PO i acquired from you a few years ago is still ticking away perfectly

Master
    Blog Entries
    My goodness - that's an amazing development of an already lovely car. Wow!
    Last edited by JonRA; 30th November 2017 at 21:24.

Superb write-up, Andy. Impressive fabrication skills shown there and very tasteful, well thought out mods.

Rather makes me wish that Laura was interested in cars rather than horses!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Superb write-up, Andy. Impressive fabrication skills shown there and very tasteful, well thought out mods.

Rather makes me wish that Laura was interested in cars rather than horses!
    Thank you all for the great comments....makes the effort of posting all the more worthwhile...

And Matthew, tell Laura, she can ride Charlie, or in the Mustang anytime she chooses..

What a fantastic car and all the time and hard work you've put in really has come to fruition. I love the look of it and that exhaust sound is amazing. And there was I asking about a 1.0 Fiesta in my thread - it's like comparing a mouse to a lion (errr....mustang) :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    What a fantastic car and all the time and hard work you've put in really has come to fruition. I love the look of it and that exhaust sound is amazing. And there was I asking about a 1.0 Fiesta in my thread - it's like comparing a mouse to a lion (errr....mustang) :)
    Nowt wrong with a Fiesta..... My daily is a 15 year old 1.0 Yaris....bought from the mother in law when she gave up driving......Brilliant little car.

Master
    A bit more from Curborough...

I came very close to buying one until I discovered that it wasn't included in the Ford scrappage scheme.

Getting rid of a "polluting" but dead Rover 214 off the drive in exchange for an "eco" 5 litre Mustang would have been too good an opportunity to miss

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    A bit more from Curborough...

No Curboroughring sticker on the boot! How disappointing.

A really enjoyable read and great to listen to the sound track. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Craftsman
    Sounds and looks amazing!
    Last edited by mrsammyp; 3rd December 2017 at 10:28.

Master
    Wow - not normally my thing but great so see someone buy something new and not worry too much about the warranty and personalise it! So thanks for sharing - sounds like a proper car should too! :)

Very underrated colour - why is it called "grey" when its clearly green?

Like your subtle approach to the mods; not normally a fan of strips but they work really well and compliment the body & wheel colour superbly!

Master
    I want a black one. Black outside, black inside. I was thinking of having the whole thing wrapped matte black .

If I can persuade my mother she will look fine in it driving it to the rotary club.

Have seen quite a few of these now since they've been selling in the UK and yours quite easily looks the best of the bunch. Don't mind me if I steal you idea on those wheels!

Blog Entries
    Yes, those wheels make a HUGE (positive) difference.

sent from TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    The wheels will be coming off soon, for new tyres to be fitted. Still got the originals with good tyres, so will fit them for the few winter miles that I'll do.... might as well use the tyres up...

Master
    That's a beautiful car you have this coming from a Ford man. BTW you have some really good talent as well!

There are a few Mustangs near where I live, mostly V8s as well. One of them has one of the most hideous purple flip pain jobs that I have ever seen.

Yours, on the other hand, is absolutely spot-on.

V8? Check. Exhaust woofle? Check. Tasteful customisation? Oh yes.

Stunning
    Pls visit my island anytime :)

Master
    Supercharger next? My favourite sound in the world is a V8 grumble with a supercharger whine over the top, can hurt the performance either!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Thanks for linking this on my thread. Certainly very impressive... must be the best Mustang in the UK!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by W44NNE View Post
    Thanks for linking this on my thread. Certainly very impressive... must be the best Mustang in the UK!
    I’d like to think so, but in reality there are lots of nice cars out there... one of the things I’ve noticed at meets is that no 2 are the same.... virtually everyone has done something, even if it’s as simple as a cat back...

A good friend of mine from Macclesfield has a Tripple yellow one with whipple SCand it’s putting out 800 BHP... absolute beast of a thing..

What a beauty. The sound is awesome.

I see that you averaged 24 mpg over 20,000 miles. That's pretty impressive considering that's the declared combined by ford.
    Did you find the mpg horrendous on short trips?

Andy

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    What a beauty. The sound is awesome.

I see that you averaged 24 mpg over 20,000 miles. That's pretty impressive considering that's the declared combined by ford.
    Did you find the mpg horrendous on short trips?

Andy
    To be honest Andy, I tend not to use it for nipping here and there, but on the odd occasion that I do, it’s not to frightening as long as you don’t have a lead foot...
    Being an auto, it likes to change up fairly early, so you’re never really taxing the motor with high revs..

Still coming back to this :)

Master
    Little update on a few more Mustang Mods....

Busy day today..... fitting quad tips exhaust system.... requiring quite a bit of chin scratching and bit of fettling to get my tame fabrication guy to come up with an aesthetically pleasing solution to modifying the back boxes.... it’s coming along nicely though...

Also modifying my Centre Borla resonator with a top secret mod..... if it doesn’t work out I’ve got a spare to chuck on, so no risk:)

Getting ready to cut bumper.... Bumper needs the diffuser cutting off so that the new GT350 valance will fit.

Should look similar to this when done...

Craftsman
    Very nice I m liking the new mustangs a lot

Very nice! Ive never been massively into American cars but over the last couple of years the newer stuff has really grown on me. I've also definitely got a V8 shaped itch that I really want to scratch!

Loved the thread. Did you ever fit the grill? Just put a deposit down on a triple yellow one, not everyone’s cup of tea, but I loved it. I’ll be looking at a few mods once the bank account recovers!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Barton Red View Post
    Loved the thread. Did you ever fit the grill? Just put a deposit down on a triple yellow one, not everyone’s cup of tea, but I loved it. I’ll be looking at a few mods once the bank account recovers!
    Yes the Grill is now fitted on my tarted up Mustang, haven’t got a pic on the car as it’s tucked away in the garage for now...

Currently saving for the Supercharger...😈😈

My mate has a triple yellow one....800 BHP whipple stage 2, I’ve never seen such a fast car, it’s a beast... good luck with yours, and feel free to join up with “mustang6g” forum...it has a great U.K. section, I have the same username on there..

Yes the Grill is now fitted on my tarted up Mustang, haven’t got a pic on the car as it’s tucked away in the garage for now...

Currently saving for the Supercharger...😈😈

My mate has a triple yellow one....800 BHP whipple stage 2, I’ve never seen such a fast car, it’s a beast... good luck with yours, and feel free to join up with “mustang6g” forum...it has a great U.K. section, I have the same username on there..

Hadn’t thought of a forum, I’ll definitely check it out. Many thanks, I think the brakes are definitely on the list of stuff I want to change. Was also looking at the shifter change to this:

https://www.americanmuscle.com/white...knob-1517.html

I’d prefer an”8” ball one, but I’ll head over to the forum for ideas:)

Triple yellow is the only colour I'd consider.

I might have ordered one but Ford didn't include them on the scrappage scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post

I might have ordered one but Ford didn't include them on the scrappage scheme.
    Until I saw one I wouldn’t have thought of it. It really is s thing of beauty. You can really see how the announcement of the 2018 model has impacted sales, spoilt for choice at the moment. Dealer had 3 triple yellows in stock.

Until I saw one I wouldn’t have thought of it. It really is s thing of beauty. You can really see how the announcement of the 2018 model has impacted sales, spoilt for choice at the moment. Dealer had 3 triple yellows in stock.
    No discounts as far as I can see though.

2018 model does seem to be worth waiting for with the new gearbox.

Master
    No discounts as far as I can see though.

2018 model does seem to be worth waiting for with the new gearbox.
    It’s worth waiting for if you have the extra £££... But it’s a fair bit more expensive if you spec it up nicely..

I paid £34k for mine..... equivalent now would be over £48k....that’s quite a jump..

It’s worth waiting for if you have the extra £££... But it’s a fair bit more expensive if you spec it up nicely..

I paid £34k for mine..... equivalent now would be over £48k....that’s quite a jump..
    Best prices I've had on carwow are about £1 off the 5.0, or about £2,600 of the 2.3

Quite a few discounts it seems. Guy at one of the dealers was saying they had 3 cancellations once ford announced the 2018 (he was saying it won’t be in the UK until end of the year)

I’ve gone for a 2017 with low miles , list 42k (irritating as I have to pay a premium on the road Tax, but still cheaper than a 2016) cost me 33500, was tempted by a 67 shadow edition at just under 36k.

Ok, excuse my ignorance but...

Is ‘Triple’ just that specific shade of yellow?

Because by my reckoning, in ‘Murican car parlance, a ‘triple yellow’ Mustang should be a convertible with yellow paint, yellow roof and yellow seats! 🤢

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo73 View Post
    Ok, excuse my ignorance but...

Is ‘Triple’ just that specific shade of yellow?

Because by my reckoning, in ‘Murican car parlance, a ‘triple yellow’ Mustang should be a convertible with yellow paint, yellow roof and yellow seats! 🤢
    As far as I can tell, triple yellow is basically just very yellow. The bits you'd expect to be black on a normal car are still black.

As far as I can tell, triple yellow is basically just very yellow. The bits you'd expect to be black on a normal car are still black.
    Like the tyres?
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Just googled a Triple Yellow Mustang, and it’s just yellow, where does the triple bit come into it?

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Just googled a Triple Yellow Mustang, and it’s just yellow, where does the triple bit come into it?
    For older American muscle cars the term when used in 'black' meant black body work, black bumpers and black interior - hence the term triple black.

Maybe they are using it as a marketing/connection ploy?
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Loved the one we hired to drive down to Key West from Orlando.

Until somebody ran into us....

But replaced with silver V8 within an hour (nice one Budget!).
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    I spent a couple of weeks getting some Winter sun in Florida last year. I'm so programmed to getting an SUV for the family that I totally blew the opportunity to hire a muscle car when it was just my wife and I. A mistake I shan't make again!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    For older American muscle cars the term when used in 'black' meant black body work, black bumpers and black interior - hence the term triple black.

Maybe they are using it as a marketing/connection ploy?
    thanks, I did not know that either. Ironically Honda called their Africa Twin triple black!

Great thread Andy, I am also living the car vicariously !

My MUstang GT V8

Triple yellow is apparently a triple coat of yellow paint so it’s a deeper yellow. Picked mine up yesterday evening in the dark. Looked like this after the test drive.

Triple yellow is apparently a triple coat of yellow paint so it’s a deeper yellow. Picked mine up yesterday evening in the dark. Looked like this after the test drive.

Only looks like double yellow in that picture.

Needs some sunshine :-)

Master

Currently saving for the Supercharger...

Fitted at Powers ?