closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tudor Pelagos

New addition to the Pelagos club here...Bit the bullet today and picked one up from a local AD. Was pleased to find a tiny mark on one of the links which was a perfect ice breaker for asking for a discount :-)

So far have resisted the usual urge to take off the bracelet just to see how easy/hard it is before putting it back again...

Oh and someone else can try this first and let me know if it works :-)

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f23/how...ss-936031.html
    Last edited by adamch66; 14th January 2018 at 23:20.

Master
    Congrats! Hope you enjoy the watch. Which one did you go for? I agree with dirrection to push but the spring bar mentioned makes it less likely the watch will be damaged in the process than using a pin. Fair play though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Congrats! Hope you enjoy the watch. Which one did you go for? I agree with dirrection to push but the spring bar mentioned makes it less likely the watch will be damaged in the process than using a pin. Fair play though.
    Went for a blue one and went against my normal "be conservative" principles :-)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by adamch66 View Post
    Went for a blue one and went against my normal "be conservative" principles :-)
    Welcome to the club, and good colour choice.
    Loving mine.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by adamch66 View Post
    New addition to the Pelagos club here...Bit the bullet today and picked one up from a local AD. Was pleased to find a tiny mark on one of the links which was a perfect ice breaker for asking for a discount :-)

So far have resisted the usual urge to take off the bracelet just to see how easy/hard it is before putting it back again...

Oh and someone else can try this first and let me know if it works :-)

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f23/how...ss-936031.html
    Nice way to mark the lugs.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Cousins do a copy of the Bergeon pliers for a fraction of the cost, don't have any experience but would have thought they'd be decent if they're selling them.

Getting the bracelet off my Black Bay with a single Bergeon was an absolute arse of a job. Good testament to how well made the modern Tudors are.

Master
    Sent mine off to Tudor to look at the bezel action. Over the past week it has been grinding and jumping indecies on and off. Seems awful after coming out of water then fine when fully dried. Will see what they say.

I’m flying out of Heathrow Terminal 3 to New York on Friday morning, they have a blue Pelagos in stock at £2630, I’m trying to get a black dial version. Works out around 16% off RRP I believe. Never had a Tudor but I’m slowly coming away from Rolex as every tom dick and harry seems to have one and I like being a bit different. If you guys had the choice what would you go for? Blue or black?

Black every time for me, but then I'm not a fan of the shade of blue.

I'm sure in 20-30 years time the blue will be the watch everyone is looking to buy, but I want to wear it now.
    Last edited by Omegamanic; 16th January 2018 at 10:13.

Master
    I changed the leather for steel on my B.B. yesterday with a Bergeon 6767 no problem. I taped up the underside of the lugs so as not to mark the metal, kept good applied pressure on the end link, equally both sides, and moved the springbars down a bit at a time until the popped in. Lots of YouTube videos showing the pliers, which look easier, and a single bar but with patience and commitment the single Bergeon worked for me no problem. Work from the back of the watch and don’t forget to tape. Practice does make perfect and I are far from an expert but easy enough you just have to commit i.e. apply the pressure and go for it. The tape will ensure you don’t damage the underside of the lugs. If you can afford it buy the pliers as it does look easier but I haven’t tried.

Fred

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having had all variants at different times I think my favorite would be the blue, I regret selling it. Currently have a lhd and it’s good but not different enough

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    I’m flying out of Heathrow Terminal 3 to New York on Friday morning, they have a blue Pelagos in stock at £2630, I’m trying to get a black dial version. Works out around 16% off RRP I believe. Never had a Tudor but I’m slowly coming away from Rolex as every tom dick and harry seems to have one and I like being a bit different. If you guys had the choice what would you go for? Blue or black?
    I bought blue. It’s a lovely shade of blue and it’s something different. If you have coloured face watches already maybe go black for a change and vise versa. That’s a great deal as well. Most people seem to struggle to even get 5% off at and AD and last time I looked even iconic watches were not at 10%.

Craftsman
    If they’ve got one then I’d recommend the LHD. The softer lume colour really works with the titanium.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Individual choice, plus depends what's already in the collection.
    I have the blue and it looks the business, pictures don't really do it justice.

I’m thinking maybe give the blue a go..I have a green sub, a black dialled sd4000 so maybe this would give me all options. Didn’t realise the watch has a 70hr power reserve, how long before we see these in Rolex? Not long id imagine..how does the 42mm size wear?

Journeyman
    I've got the blue and the black face dials and wear them in rotation. The blue one is fine if I leave it a couple of days, but the black doesn't go much beyond a day before it stops. Anyway, of the two, if I HAD to pick, it would be the blue. Can look very different in different light. Lovely watches either way.

Craftsman
    I’m thinking maybe give the blue a go..I have a green sub, a black dialled sd4000 so maybe this would give me all options. Didn’t realise the watch has a 70hr power reserve, how long before we see these in Rolex? Not long id imagine..how does the 42mm size wear?

Took my Pelagos LHD on holiday because of the power reserve, as I only wear it for breakfast and dinner and it kept going all the time. Wears nicely for the size, not too big.

Master
    It is quite a tall watch (14mm) but still fits under my shirt cuff. I don’t think it wears too small or too big. It is comparable to my 41.5mm aquaterra. Not sure if that helps you though.

My watch is only 1 second fast per day as well.
    Last edited by Stuno1; 16th January 2018 at 12:13.

Craftsman
    No issues with size at all.
    I have the Sd4k and although side by side the Pelagos looks quite larger doesn't feel much bigger on the wrist.
    My watch of choice at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Every Tom Dick and Harry is a gross exaggeration as 99% of the population would not recognise a Rolex if they fell over one, let alone own one!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Take a walk into any pub/restaurant/club/gallery/high street in London and you will see so many Rolex. A Rolex now has become nothing special. In fact, I know young adults who get a Rolex on finance before they even have a mortgage/car etc.

You move in different circles to me if Rolex are that common.

Master
    Have to agree, working in London you see a lot of Rolex watches. Which inevitably puts some people off the brand. Personally it made me less keen and I fancied a less widely known brand.

Have to agree, working in London you see a lot of Rolex watches. Which inevitably puts some people off the brand. Personally it made me less keen and I fancied a less widely known brand.
    Exactly how I feel..

Master
    Blog Entries
    I think the blue is a lovely colour and it changes depending on the lighting ( and I couldn't justify a 2nd black face diver)
    The LHD seems freely available now, I have seen it in Windows in Suffolk and Brighton recently so no need to pay the slightly optimistic premiums that were being asked.

Banned
    I’d have a look at kc Watches , they are an online company and I bought a breitling from them with 30% discount and was delivered within 3 days . The guys name was Prak that dealt with me

I have had my ETA Pelagos for over 5 years now.
    I still love it. Epicly simple design, awesome lume (including the bezel).
    I would love them to do a fitted rubber that doesn't use the endlinks, never liked the look of those, so I use a BB Blue NATO on it most of the time.

Dave

Slightly different circumstances but my new pelagos was sold to me at a 30% discount.

Craftsman
    Sent mine off to Tudor to look at the bezel action. Over the past week it has been grinding and jumping indecies on and off. Seems awful after coming out of water then fine when fully dried. Will see what they say.
    I had one do the same. It was my second Pelagos. The first had to go back when I found it had a metal filing under the crystal. The dealers were great and said I could hold onto the watch until a brand new replacement arrived. I got a call after a few weeks to say the
    new watch was in stock but minutes after I left the shop with it I noticed the bezel was notchy and grated when I turned it. It then jammed all together. I took it back to the shop and they forced it free (something I wasn’t prepared to do without them seeing it) but it continued to grate and jam every couple of turns. I was offered a third watch or my money back. Due to the distance I was travelling to the dealer to collect the watch I opted for my money back.
    It hasn’t tainted the brand for me, I loved the Pelagos for the short time I owned it and may well get another in the future. I get the impression that I’ve been genuinely unlucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Slightly different circumstances but my new pelagos was sold to me at a 30% discount.
    How did you manage that? Superb discount..

Terminal 3 have rung me and said I can pick between the two black dials, the standard and the LHD I believe (crown on other side) and the blue..so out of the 3 I’m really not sure!

Yeti
    If your a lefty you have your answer. If not you have illiminated one. Plus it's more expensive.
    All are great watches but I chose the blue for the colour. It gets the majority of my wrist time.

Quote Originally Posted by scrog10 View Post
    Yeti
    If your a lefty you have your answer. If not you have illiminated one. Plus it's more expensive.
    All are great watches but I chose the blue for the colour. It gets the majority of my wrist time.
    They are all the same price..I do actually wear my watches on the right wrist so I think I’m going to have a punt on the LHD. I like the fact each watch is numbered on the rear, think it adds a bit of individuality. I quite like the aged lume, looks a good quality watch for the money. I’m actually surprised at the RRP considering you get a titanium bracelet and a rubber strap. Oh and a 70hr power reserve. Now why can’t Rolex give you these for the money?

I don’t think they are all the same price - there is a premium for the LHD on RRP.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I don’t think they are all the same price - there is a premium for the LHD on RRP.
    As far as the Tudor website says, the LHD, blue dial and black dial are all £3160...unless I’m missing something?

How did you manage that? Superb discount..

Dealer was removing their Tudor franchise. Subsequently selling stock at a large discount - only alerted via a kind TZ member making others aware.
    12 hours later it was on my wrist.

Master
    Blog Entries
    People have been trying to sell them at a premium, but they are the same RRP and afaik always have been. They are not exactly in short supply so the 2nd hand premium is probably just a short term blip.
    At the hight of LHD Fever back in the summer my local AD often had them in stock and if I wanted to order, they would be about 2weeks wait, but at the same time sellers were asking £1k premium.
    Last edited by jmitch; 18th January 2018 at 00:18.

Craftsman

Tudor Pelagos

I’m fairly certain they’re all the same rrp. I have seen a few of the LHD with inflated prices but it’s still easy enough to find them at rrp.

Last edited by Bobbyf; 18th January 2018 at 18:18.

I was offered around 15% off the LHD in Manchester - could have been slightly more.

I got 20% at Fraser Hart on a bbb

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jmitch View Post
    People have been trying to sell them at a premium, but they are the same RRP and afaik always have been. They are not exactly in short supply so the 2nd hand premium is probably just a short term blip.
    At the hight of LHD Fever back in the summer my local AD often had them in stock and if I wanted to order, they would be about 2weeks wait, but at the same time sellers were asking £1k premium.
    I was looking on Iconic last night and they are wanting quite a bit extra fornthe LHD! I was supprised that these were trying it on especially with them being so competitive.

I could have bought two of these straight away at RRP when I picked my blue up as they were sat in the window of two ADs for sale.

Apprentice
    I'm a leftie, and wear watches on my right wrist, and must admit that until reading about the Pelagos LHD, never really considered why it should make an impact.
    As it turns out, I never adjust my watch while it's on my wrist, so comfort of the crown pointing away from the wrist would win out for me.

Master
    My local Fraser Hart has a LHD at the same RRP as the other regular models.

I treated myself to a LHD a few weeks back and love it. I'm looking to get an alternative strap made up soon. Will post some pics once it's done.

Fish

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    I treated myself to a LHD a few weeks back and love it. I'm looking to get an alternative strap made up soon. Will post some pics once it's done.

Fish
    Intriguing.... look forward to the pics.

I think bang for buck the Pelagos is a cracking buy. Love how the blue seems to change tone and its such a vibrant colour.
    J

Journeyman
    I tried on the blue one this evening, the quality seems great.
    The blue dial looks good , the lume is very bold and clear and the bezel feels very firm and concise.

Craftsman
    Intriguing.... look forward to the pics.
    And I'm looking forward to hearing about how easy or hard it was to get the bracelet off.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    And I'm looking forward to hearing about how easy or hard it was to get the bracelet off.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    Bracelet is easy with the correct tool.

I've owned the Pelagos Blue for a couple of years now and in rotation its one I wouldn't be without.
    Have been look for a LHD myself now and the rrp is definitely tbe same.

Tudor Pelagos

I am on the fence about the whole Pelagos range. On one hand, they are very competent watches and offer some of that Rolex quality for less. But on the other hand, I couldn’t help but wonder if one should have waited a bit more and get a Rolex Sub instead...
    Last edited by Lostintime; 22nd January 2018 at 22:50.