closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tudor Pelagos

Craftsman

Tudor Pelagos

What's best discount should I achieve on one of these.
    Been looking at the blue one a few weeks and am really impressed with the Watch for the money.
    Would 10% off from a AD be achievable?

Master
    Why not look at chrononext, iconic and Chrono24 and try to better there price at a few ad’s?

Craftsman
    I'm on with that and actually spoke with a few ADs.
    I'm going to try one today in a couple of ADs who have put to one side for me. Already got some amo for discount.

Lunns in Belfast we’re doing a ‘VAT free’ offer on Thursday including Tudor. That makes me think there could be up to about 17-18% to be had if you push hard.

Craftsman
    I only got about 5% on mine, but that was the first one the AD had in after launch.
    I was happy to pay, as I love it. It replaces my ageing Sub as my watch I dive with.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I was offered 20% without too much asking. That was Goldsmiths from memory although I was picking up a Rolex Hulk at the time and not sure if that influenced how generous their offer was?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by smalleyboy1 View Post
    Lunns in Belfast we’re doing a ‘VAT free’ offer on Thursday including Tudor. That makes me think there could be up to about 17-18% to be had if you push hard.
    You beat me to it. The offer specifically excluded Rolex and Patek but Tudor, Cartier etc were all available with that discount.

Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I got a pretty good deal on one a few weeks ago. I part ex’d an Omega PO against one and technically paid rrp for the Tudor. The dealer was more than happy to negotiate and increased the part ex price of the Omega by quite a few hundred pounds. There would definitely seem to be wiggle room on the price I would say.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Love the Pelagos but just to big for me.

Craftsman
    One happy guy.
    After a bit of negotiation and going between the two ADs got my 10% off and a free additional link (didn't need it but always handy to have a spare)
    Love the watch, really nice fit and the blue looks well.

A shot with its cousin, surprised how much larger it looks.

Craftsman
    Congratulations on your purchase, I have got used to the size so much so that my Sub doesn't get much wrist time at all.

Craftsman
    Congrats it's a very nice watch

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by noidea View Post
    Congratulations on your purchase, I have got used to the size so much so that my Sub doesn't get much wrist time at all.

Love the SD but a bit small for me compared to my others such as the XL PO and I am a fan of the bigger watches to be honest.
    The build quality of the Tudor is spot on.

Master
    That's a great addition and a decent discount from an AD
    The Pelagos Blue is a unique colour, a bit much for me personally, I'd prefer a black bezel
    that said the Pelagos bracelet and the strong Bezel click at 12 o'clock are 2 of my favourite watch features

Seadweller and a Pelagos a cracking combination enjoy

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuna1138 View Post
    That's a great addition and a decent discount from an AD
    The Pelagos Blue is a unique colour, a bit much for me personally, I'd prefer a black bezel
    that said the Pelagos bracelet and the strong Bezel click at 12 o'clock are 2 of my favourite watch features

Seadweller and a Pelagos a cracking combination enjoy
    The build quality is great and I'd say up there with Rolex, agree with the bracelet n the bezel (the bezel rotation and clicks are firm n solid)
    I have loads of black faced watches so the blue works for me (plus it's my favourite colour )
    No doubt about it a great well built watch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gee252 View Post
    (the bezel rotation and clicks are firm n solid)
    yep great build quality and value,
    have you noticed the extra resistance at the 12 bezel click, you can find it with your eyes closed

Craftsman
    have you noticed the extra resistance at the 12 bezel click, you can find it with your eyes closed
    I hadn't but just had a play and yes it's like putting handbrake on, love it.

That’s a great idea.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Pelegos is a stunning watch, under the radar and total quality.

I love mine, I prefer it to a new sub which is a nice watch, but not on me.

Loving mine, Best lume I've ever seen!!

Craftsman

Really enjoying mine.

I'm currently looking at a Pelagos LHD and although I really like the lines of the case much better than the flat sides of the Black Bay, I'm just a bit concerned with the material of the case and bracelet.

I briefly owned a titanium Breitling and remember it picked all kind of strange marks from daily wear. I did see on another forum that light scratches can be removed with an eraser, but just how soft is the material compared to a regular stainless steel watch?

Kind Regards,
    Catalin

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It's not as soft as steel, but the surface can be marked. If it really bothers you look else where, but it's not an issue.

Steel (316,) is usually rated as between 150-180 Vickers. Ti dependent on grade is rated between 160-400.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Really liking these. Good to hear they are more durable than steel in terms of picking up marks. I assume the rubber strap is an extra and does not come with the watch?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Really liking these. Good to hear they are more durable than steel in terms of picking up marks. I assume the rubber strap is an extra and does not come with the watch?
    Rubber strap and buckle included

Master
    That’s great!

Banned
    The lume on that pelagos is best I’ve seen . Best watch for £3000 out there

Craftsman
    The blue version is the stand out Pelagos for me. Love the shock of colour. Wish it was even brighter!

Craftsman
    The blue is great, had the watch on today and can't stop looking at it myself.
    Also a very comfortable watch.

Master
    Iconic watches have them at 8% off but I am sure could go further. I’ll be trying one on tomorrow. Can’t decide between blue or black so seeing them in the flesh will help. Black looks less showy so may be a better daily for the office.

Craftsman
    Tried iconic n wouldn't move on the 8%
    Goldsmiths were stuck at 5% (thought was pretty poor especially has I have had a couple of watches off them)
    Beaverbrooks were spot on (supprised me to be honest)
    10% off, plus a spare link.
    Was well pleased.
    Think the black would be the better option for the office environment, that said I have a half day meeting tomorrow n the blue Pelagos is what I'm wearing (just can't keep it off the wrist)

Master
    Ah ok. Blue with the bracelet is ok for the office I think.

my suggestion

was go for the blue

great looker that

enjoy
    Last edited by wits; 27th November 2017 at 23:54. Reason: re read post

Master
    Blog Entries
    Iconic watches have them at 8% off but I am sure could go further.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gee252 View Post
    Tried iconic n wouldn't move on the 8%
    Goldsmiths were stuck at 5% (thought was pretty poor especially has I have had a couple of watches off them)
    Beaverbrooks were spot on (supprised me to be honest)
    10% off, plus a spare link.
    Watchmaster can do this at 14.25% off list. Sourced from a Spanish AD. Surprised me as the UK price is already c£600 cheaper than the European RRP.

LHD price

as I was going past the AD the other day I noticed that the LHD in the window was a few hundred more expensive than the normal pelagos. I thought they were the same price, certainly were when I bought mine. I checked online with TUDOR and they are the same price on there, I didn't think AD's could set their own price, can they. bit naughty

Master
    How robust is the deployment clasp spring design likely to be? As it’s a watch I intended for water use assume the springs are not rust proof?

Craftsman
    How robust is the deployment clasp spring design likely to be? As it’s a watch I intended for water use assume the springs are not rust proof?
    The watch and bracelet are specifically designed for diving, I’d assume it’s going to survive just fine in salt water as long as you give it a run under the tap to clean it after diving. I’ve only had my LHD a couple of weeks but the bracelet design seems pretty robust to me.

I'm a big fan of the blue Pelagos - actually the only new watch I really like (well, I can't justify whatever the BLRN now costs!).
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by jmitch View Post
    Watchmaster can do this at 14.25% off list. Sourced from a Spanish AD. Surprised me as the UK price is already c£600 cheaper than the European RRP.
    Could you tell me roughly what price would that make a new one? The Blue Pelago is one of the very few recent watches that does it for me as others have commented.

Master
    Fraser heart can do 10% and first service free so that has to be close to 20%. I imagine I’ll buy from them today/tomorrow.
    Last edited by Stuno1; 28th November 2017 at 18:43.

Journeyman
    Fraser Hart in Bristol were very clear that they would not entertain any discount whatsoever, even on a display one with a whacking great scratch on it. If the'd have offered me 10% with a service, I would have bought it there and then.

Craftsman
    So what was the cheapest on a blue Pelagos in the end?

Master
    Bought it. It is bloody fantastic! It wears a lot smaller than I thought it would. The blue isn’t as vibrant as I feared and is really nice. The quality of the case and strap is really really good. Very comfy on the wrist as well. The deployment clasp is something else. The micro adjustments available give you that bit more of a perfect fit and I love the way it functions from an opening and closing perspective. The bezel sounds and feels lovely to use as does the crown. The lume is also incredible. A very very nice watch indeed. I can now leave it over the weekend knowing when I come to use it on Monday it will still be running. It’s also very accurate so requires far less frequent alteration compared to my longines it replaces as my daily.

Master
    How easy is it to change the straps in this watch and what tools do I need? I understand applying pressure to borh sides makes it easier on this watch.

Craftsman
    If I was to be picky, I think a strap change tool should have been included.
    Spring bar Pliers are apparently the best for this.

Master
    Agreed. Thanks.

I bought the last black face Pelagos from Charles Fox in Bournemouth yesterday morning.

I have wanted one for a year or so, even commenting earlier on in this very thread but learning how cheap the watch at CF was, I had to get it.

I prefer it on the rubber and keep finding myself looking at it - a real thing of beauty. Delighted with it and sits nicely in my collection.

It will get plenty of wrist time.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post

I prefer it on the rubber and keep finding myself looking at it - a real thing of beauty. Delighted with it and sits nicely in my collection.
    I always thought it looked killer on rubber, shame I moved it on.

How easy is it to change the straps in this watch and what tools do I need? I understand applying pressure to borh sides makes it easier on this watch.
    I own a Blue Pelagos and frankly it’s not easy... the tolerances are extremely tight, which is a testament to the build quality.

As per another member’s answer, pliers worked for me - I bought the Bergeon 6825, pricey but worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Derivative View Post
    I own a Blue Pelagos and frankly it’s not easy... the tolerances are extremely tight, which is a testament to the build quality.

As per another member’s answer, pliers worked for me - I bought the Bergeon 6825, pricey but worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I bought these as well a while back now. Have to agree the element of the strap that intergrates with the case is so tight it makes it tricky.