closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Changing energy supplier? - Black Friday cashback for the fundraiser

Changing energy supplier? - Black Friday cashback for the fundraiser

Just on the off chance anyone is considering reviewing their energy supplier, Octopus are doing a remarkably good deal this weekend.

I've been with them for a while now and really like the sensible tariffs; none of this low introductory offer then sky-high standard pricing so you have to have to switch regularly or pay a fortune. On the couple of occasions I've dealt with their customer services it has been a pleasant experience which is rather unusual these days.

Anyway, to the point. This weekend (until end of play Monday) they are doing £100 referral cash back - £50 for the referrer and £50 for the new customer. If anyone is considering switching this seems too good to miss. I'm going to commit that if anyone does switch using the link below, the entirety of the referral cashback I receive will be donated directly to the fundraiser.

https://share.octopus.energy/olive-snail-74

Thanks for this Ian, I have signed up just now. I was surprised to see the rates were even better than Extraenergy whom we have used in the past and who's billing system is so poor that they failed to switch us from Eon when we moved in here in June despite me registereding and calling them twice. Muppets. Thanks for the nudge :)

Craftsman
    I'm already on a fixed tariff for a year but nice gesture.

If anyone hasn't changed supplier recently to a better deal to avoid the hassle, then honestly it takes about 2 minutes and is completely hassle free. Was kicking myself for not changing sooner when I eventually got around to it.

Great stuff!

I’ve just signed up too. Thanks for the heads up.

Geoff

All being well that's £100 for the fundraiser.

Cheers, all done

That's £150 for the fundraiser!

All showing as in progress on my Octopus dashboard

There must be a few more on the SVT from one of the big companies and wants a better deal?

Blog Entries
    I moved over to Octopus dual fuel in the early part of this year and I have been 100% happy with them! Regular emails and usage graphs plus cheap prices and excellent customer services absolutely do it for me!

Quote Originally Posted by KavKav View Post
    I moved over to Octopus dual fuel in the early part of this year and I have been 100% happy with them! Regular emails and usage graphs plus cheap prices and excellent customer services absolutely do it for me!
    I've been with them a bit longer but fully agree - I didn't put the post up solely because of the cashback. Customer service has been excellent and I really like that they've set up deliberately not using the "bait and switch" approach to pricing that is so prevalent in the energy market. They do do deals you can opt for, but the difference between them and the standard tariff is minimal so you don't get robbed at the end of the first year.

Having today checked against even the introductory offers with the big 6, despite moving on to their standard tarrifI'm paying between £30-£100 a year less on standing charges and less (up to 20% less in some cases) for the fuel used.

I know some of the smaller firms are struggling with customer service but Octopus don't seem to be amongst them.

Blog Entries
    Just sign up Gyp.... thanks for the kick up the rear that I needed.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitinheadlights View Post
    Just sign up Gyp.... thanks for the kick up the rear that I needed.
    Excellent

£200 for the fundraiser!

Anyone else need a kick up the rear?

Master
    Cheers Ian, I'll take a look at this tomorrow when I've a bit more time and more than likely swap.

Master
    Now signed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    Now signed up.
    Nice one Toddy!

That's £250 so far for the fundraiser, and £250 into the pockets of forum members and ongoing savings.

Provisionally 6 if the member manages to back out of another deal in time.

7 hours left, any more for any more?

Thanks Ian, as per PM I have just signed up. Interestingly the offer you mentioned was extended to 1st December just in case anyone else is considering it. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by rolexer16610 View Post
    Thanks Ian, as per PM I have just signed up. Interestingly the offer you mentioned was extended to 1st December just in case anyone else is considering it. Thanks again.
    Nice one!

£300 for the fundraiser!

The web site still says 23.59 on the 27th, but if they've extended it, that's not to be sniffed at.

Ok, Octopus have extended the deal to 23.59 on the 1st December.

Amusingly (I think) they've sent out an email to their entire customer base saying that they've extended the deal, named me as someone that is donating it all to the TZUK fundraiser...

Hopefully we'll get a few more:-)

Come on folks, only one more day to cut your fuel bills and give a healthy leg up to the fundraiser!

In the end we've had 6 members initiate the change of their energy supplier.

I did say that I was going to give each and every £50 that I received for the affiliate link to the fundraiser, but I've had a change of heart.

I'm not going to give any of the money that's due to come to me from Octopus Energy to the fundraiser.

I'm going to keep it. I'm going to keep it all.

Ha!

What I decided to do instead is to simply donate £300 of my own cash to the fundraiser.

The advantage of this is that I can legitimately tick the boxes and get a further £75 from the Gift Aid scheme.

So that's what I've done.

Well done Gyp, glad you started this thread but quite surprised that you only attracted 6 switchers over the period of a week.

Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    Well done Gyp, glad you started this thread but quite surprised that you only attracted 6 switchers over the period of a week.
    To be honest, so I'm I.

That said, it took me years to get off my backside and leave the British Gas Standard Variable Tariff. Part of the reason I didn't is that I didn't want to get into the cycle of looking for a new/better deal every year as i've ended up doing with home insurance, car insurance, motorbike insurance, phone contracts etc. The delight of Octopus and suppliers like them is the concept of getting getting you in on a sensible price (rather than a short term headline grabbing price) and keeping you on a sensible price.

I've switched, I'm saving money and I don't have to look to switch every year. Long may it continue.

If anyone feels like they want to switch to Octopus now or in the future, I can provide a referral email address which will give both of us a smaller amount (£15 each I think). I will of course continue to pocket the cash that comes my way but make an equivalent donation to the fundraiser, just like this time :-)

Just a quick note to say that Octopus have been in touch and, as well as sending a flock of little octopus finger puppets, have said they'll top the charity donation up by a further £100.

Can't argue with that!

Well done Gyp, thats a nice little bonus

Octofun!
    Last edited by Gyp; 10th December 2017 at 11:16.

Master
    Nice one mate, my change over procedure going smoothly.

Blog Entries
    Anyone contemplating a fixed rate...?

Frozen Britain facing energy crisis as gas plant explosion raises prices by a third - The Telegraph
    https://apple.news/AyoG0_t5yQV2MWbmyT54QFQ

Hopefully not too late to sign up

z

As promised, Octopus have dropped a further £100 into my bank account, so I've just popped that across to the fundraiser too.

Just signed up to this, great idea/gesture (still available)

That's great news.

I've chucked the cashback into the fundraiser right now.

We've had 9 in so far, which at £50 each plus gift aid plus the extra from Octopus = £662.50

Not too shabby