closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Shoe question - vibram oversoles/protectors

Shoe question - vibram oversoles/protectors

Good afternoon Gents,

As this forum doubles as the shoe fetishists' meeting place (at least, brogue fetishists) could I please ask a bit of advice from the collective?

I've decided recently to equip myself with all the shoes and boots I'm likely to need for the foreseeable future, hopefully the rest of my life. All English, benchmade, the usual names, with a strong bias towards brogues. I've been buying mostly new unworn from private eBay sellers and new seconds. Where possible I prefer Dainite or commando soles but I've picked up a few with leather soles and like a few others here I prefer to have rubber oversoles fitted in the interests of less frequent resoling, and less frequent landing on my arse on the pavement in the wet.

Can anyone recommend a really good cobbler either in Leeds/Bradford area or London (preferably SE or central London) as I have a dozen or so pairs I need done and would like a really good job done?

Also what should I expect to pay for a good job? The last similar job I had done in London was around £25 but to be honest could have been better finished.

Proper job, leather sole to Dainite about £100.00. Ask these guys for a quote.

https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/repairs

As above, if your looking to protect a leather sole, i'd go with a less aggressive Dainite.

If I was in the market to replace a worn out leather sole I would do just that, but I would rather protect what’s there.

Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    If I was in the market to replace a worn out leather sole I would do just that, but I would rather protect what’s there.
    The shoehealer as mentioned above is one I’ve used in Doncaster,he’s local to me and done me a couple of pairs,they were a thin rubber which basically protects the leather sole ,around £15 ,he does do full replacements as he has a few customers from Russia who buy brand new shoes from him and he swaps the soles to combat type .
    For the next 2 weeks I’m in London ,I could meet you and bring them back if you like and bring them down week after ,let me know cheers mick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    The shoehealer as mentioned above is one I’ve used in Doncaster,he’s local to me and done me a couple of pairs,they were a thin rubber which basically protects the leather sole ,around £15 ,he does do full replacements as he has a few customers from Russia who buy brand new shoes from him and he swaps the soles to combat type .
    For the next 2 weeks I’m in London ,I could meet you and bring them back if you like and bring them down week after ,let me know cheers mick

Mike I really appreciate the reply. I come to Doncaster a few times a year to get my neck chiro'd. Will be abroad for the next couple of weeks but may I take up your kind offer in mid December?

Thank you,

Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    Mike I really appreciate the reply. I come to Doncaster a few times a year to get my neck chiro'd. Will be abroad for the next couple of weeks but may I take up your kind offer in mid December?

Thank you,

Adrian
    Adrian ,drop me a pm when your around I’m in London quite often