closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Where to buy Sinn?

Where to buy Sinn?

I've done a search and found some older threads covering this subject, but wondered if the recommendations have changed recently? It seems that the main places to but a Sinn in the UK are Page and Cooper, Chronomaster and Jura.

Searching the forum I can see both positive and negative experiences with all the retailers. I'm looking at the Sinn 556i on leather and here were the prices today:

• Page and Cooper £855
    • Chronomaster £785
    • Jura £840.40 (955 -12% off for Black Friday)

Jura appear to charge £100 more for the 556i against the 556a unless I'm reading it wrong. Going by price alone, Chronomaster is the clear winner, I'm quite surprised at the range of prices.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ledgie View Post
    I've done a search and found some older threads covering this subject, but wondered if the recommendations have changed recently? It seems that the main places to but a Sinn in the UK are Page and Cooper, Chronomaster and Jura.

Searching the forum I can see both positive and negative experiences with all the retailers. I'm looking at the Sinn 556i on leather and here were the prices today:

• Page and Cooper £855
    • Chronomaster £785

Jura appear to charge £100 more for the 556i against the 556a unless I'm reading it wrong. Going by price alone, Chronomaster is the clear winner, I'm quite surprised at the range of prices.
    There is also a Sinn dealer located in Kenilworth, their prices are hilarious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ledgie View Post

• Page and Cooper £855
    • Chronomaster £785

There is also a Sinn dealer located in Kenilworth, their prices are hilarious.

With a brand new one, you should be OK from Chronomaster.

Master
    I'm fortunate to live in the North West, and not too far from where Chronomaster is based, and so have called in and dealt with Neil at Chronomaster directly, always found him very helpful and accommodating in trying different watches on, have gone in with one watch in mind and then come out with another!.However, I've never dealt with him via mail order so cannot comment, have dealt with Jura a few times, they do give you the option of trying watches on at home and returning them if you're not happy but have always had to chase them up for a refund, does come eventually but you have to put some work in.

At that price, Chronomaster no question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    £750 at Chronext

Don't rule out iguanasell. They are always up for a deal.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

What's the difference between the Si - just the the Silicon spring? Sorry, noticed A and I oops
    It's just a matter of time...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by inthered View Post
    I'm fortunate to live in the North West, and not too far from where Chronomaster is based, and so have called in and dealt with Neil at Chronomaster directly, always found him very helpful and accommodating in trying different watches on, have gone in with one watch in mind and then come out with another!.However, I've never dealt with him via mail order so cannot comment, have dealt with Jura a few times, they do give you the option of trying watches on at home and returning them if you're not happy but have always had to chase them up for a refund, does come eventually but you have to put some work in.

Neil is a great bloke to deal with. I’ve sent him emails over queries and he’s responded quickly. I’ve bought from him also and everything was tip top. Great you mentioned he’s in Bolton I didn’t realise he was open to visit .

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bond View Post
    Neil is a great bloke to deal with. I’ve sent him emails over queries and he’s responded quickly. I’ve bought from him also and everything was tip top. Great you mentioned he’s in Bolton I didn’t realise he was open to visit .

Agreed, Neil is a gent and I have had no problems in any of my dealings with him. I can highly recommend!

Steve

Another thumbs up for Chronomaster, I've never had a problem trading and buying.
    F.T.F.A.

Craftsman
    Get it at Chronext for £750, even less if you pay by credit card (£740).

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Personally I would go for Page & Cooper who are the only dealer approved to carry out Sinn service/repair here in the UK. The other two dealers would simply send the watch back to Sinn in in Germany and you might have to wait an eternity to get it back!
    But presumably they will charge you for a service, same as Sinn, so you're paying £70 for a, possibly, quicker service, which I imagine you could get if you bought your Sinn elsewhere and paid them for a service....?

I guess you might get a quicker response to any warranty issue... I'd go with the cheapest!

I think I bought my EZM7-S from Jura, but that was only because I was tempted to it by their 0% credit! And yes, I know I potentially spent more, because I could have negotiated a discount, ya-de-ya-de-ya, but at the time it suited me (and no-one else had the 7-S either at the time)

M
    Last edited by snowman; 23rd November 2017 at 16:52.

Craftsman
    Personally I would go for Page & Cooper who are the only dealer approved to carry out Sinn service/repair here in the UK. The other two dealers would simply send the watch back to Sinn in in Germany and you might have to wait an eternity to get it back!
    Chronext have an easy to access shop in London (if you live there), and for me that makes it much easier to return items. Understand that isn't the case for everyone.

I'd prefer to send it back to Germany and get it done properly...

Quote Originally Posted by HenPecked View Post
    I'd prefer to send it back to Germany and get it done properly...
    But… but… the P&C staff have been trained by Sinn

It's only a 2824 movement anyway and I don't think the seals or anything are Sinn-specific on the 556. It's when you're dealing with the Ar watches and the oil filled Hydros that a trip to Sinn becomes necessary.

Master
    Bought from Neil at Chronomaster when I bought mine years ago - great service.

Big thumbs up for chronomaster . a good man.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I bought a Sinn U1T from p & c, service ok. But it would have been cheaper from Neil at chronomaster have since bought a CWC watch from Neil and went over to collect it. My next sinn will be from chronomaster, best price best service imho

Another +1 for a Sinn from Chronomaster. Neil shipped my old EZM3 to a BFPO address quite happily.

If you know anyone in the military they can get 10% off any watch from Page & Cooper.

Craftsman
    This thread is of particular interest to me and I have a number of questions and comments to make.

I have two Sinn's:

Sinn U2 purchased 27 January 2007 from Chronomaster by its original owner who then put it up for sale on here 22 June 2007 from whom I bought it.
    Sinn U1000 purchased new by me 23 August from Page & Cooper.

I have spoken to Neil years in the past, but have never met him or visited his premisses. I live in Cheshire so it would be interesting to know if he is open on a Saturday for example?
    There are a few Sinn models I would like to see in the flesh such as the EZM 3F, EZM 13 and EZM9.

When my U2 stopped in July of this year, I was faced with a couple of options for service. I contacted Page & Cooper for a quote as they can now service Sinn watches including those with dehumidifying technology. I was apprehensive about putting my beloved Sinn into the postal service either within the UK or having it sent to Germany. It the end I opted for my Sister (who lives in Germany) to hand carry it to the Sinn AD in Essen. The cost was cheaper than the quote from Page & Cooper and the AD did a great job servicing it on their premises and it was ready to collect 3 ½ weeks later. The only downside was the extended wait until my Sister was visiting the UK again.

Josh at Page & Cooper has been very helpful. Kept me informed regarding the order of my U1000. Their U-tube videos are worth watching.

I would buy from Neil, especially if it gave me the chance to inspect various Sinn models before purchase.

Does anyone know how up to date his website is at any given time? There are models that aren't shown on his site, but I guess he might have in stock / available to order?

I have not dealt with Jura Watches but I do browse their site fairly often.

Master
    Just give him a ring and speak to him, sure he'll tell you all you want to know.

Unfortunately a lot of people think "shot term" save a few quid here and there, ducking & diving! Frankly we are talking high quality products here & I for one are all too familiar with horror stories posted on this very forum, of sending a watch to Sinn in Germany!! For the sake of £70 or whatever your able to access Sinn support here in the UK. If I were P&C & someone approached me with a warranty claim, having bought it elsewhere, the second word be "off"!!
    My point was that they will service your Sinn whether you bought it from them or not, if out of warranty.

As I said you may get better service if your Sinn fails during the warranty, but the odds on that are very low.

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by snowman; 23rd November 2017 at 21:21.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by inthered View Post
    Just give him a ring and speak to him, sure he'll tell you all you want to know.
    I did try in July when my Sinn U2 stopped but I couldn't get hold of him.... I guess he could have been away on holiday or business ...

But, yes, I will try again, thanks.

Craftsman
    Page and Cooper where very helpful when I asked about service / repair of my Sinn U2, even though I clearly stated that they did not supply my watch.

When my Sinn watches next need servicing I will consider using Page & Cooper ..... although I'm sure the option of giving one to my Sister to hand carry to the German Ad will still be open.
    For me, it is more about the risk of a watch going missing in the post than the actual service cost.

Craftsman
    Another + for chronomaster, I had bought a Steinhart from him which had to go back for warranty work, all handled speedily and efficiently which is why I bought my new 556A from him recently. Cheers, John B4

Master
    Blog Entries
    I will put in a good word for Jura, service is good and they will take P/X also. Normally their prices are competitive and if you ask them to match they will normally do you a deal.

P&C annoy me as they want £295 to service a 3 hander like the U1 with a 2824 or selita sw200. Sinn charge only £180 for the same service...

Having sent my U1 back to Sinn after 18 months for timekeeping I am impressed with their service. Not only did they send me pre-paid collection packaging and turn the job round in 3 weeks, they also issued a new 2 year guarantee. I doubt P&C do that.

I wouldn't use Jura, I've had problems with them in the past, unpleasant, unprofessional and often rude.

Quote Originally Posted by Operation Grandslam View Post
    I wouldn't use Jura, I've had problems with them in the past, unpleasant, unprofessional and often rude.
    They have outright lied to me on more than one occasion.

But then I've not had great experiences with Chronomaster either - mainly on the second hand items, it has to be said, hence why I said a new purchase should be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by PDR View Post
    When my Sinn watches next need servicing I will consider using Page & Cooper .....
    Consider long and hard.

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...cooper+warning

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PDR View Post
    ......I have spoken to Neil years in the past, but have never met him or visited his premisses. I live in Cheshire so it would be interesting to know if he is open on a Saturday for example?......
    Neil's premises are not a conventional showroom, he rents a couple of rooms in a unit on an industrial estate from which he runs his business. Also, his is a one-man business so he isn't always on the premises.

However, he is more than happy to meet with a customer, by prior appointment, so they can examine and try on the watch before buying. The best thing would be to call him (mobile's probably best) to check on his stock and then arrange a visit. He may be prepared to see you on a Saturday, but that may depend on whether or not the unit he uses opens on a Saturday.

Over the years I've bought three new watches from Neil and always found him very helpful and pleasant to deal with.

Craftsman
    Thanks for the info RickS.

I shall give him a call. Bolton is not that far from my favourite "toy shop" in Standish...

Craftsman
    I assume that Sinn watches ought to be serviced every 4 or 5 years. If that is the case then my U2 and U1000 won't need any attention until 2021/22.
    If I end up with 3, 4 or 5 Sinn watches I would still probably get my Sister to take them into the AD in Essen for me. I could even make a few trips over to Germany and visit the Sinn HQ.