closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breitling Transocean 1972

Craftsman

Breitling Transocean 1972

Could someone please give me a rough idea of current value for insurance purposes of this watch please?

Master
    Chronext have one on their site for sale at around £2200, so that’s a fair reference point, I suppose. Lovely watch you have there.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Nice watch. £2200 might be slightly toppy but better safe than sorry.
    Privately, (when you can find one) they normally change hands at about £1500 - £1750.
    Lovely watch with an interesting movement.

If it's for insurance you want to be higher rather than lower end of the scale, as long as the value is agreed with the insurer - you would need to track down a not too common model and get the condition you want/expect - or just take the money and run.
    It's just a matter of time...

Those subdial things have got the nearest thing I've seen to hands without actually being hands. They look like aerial views of little tanks on a battlefield or early video game. Well cool.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

There are a number of ways that you will be insured and they will be new for old or an agreed value. If it was my watch I would insure it new for old as the new model would be around £5000. If insuring for exact replacement value then look at what you would have to pay to buy one today from a dealer. All my watches apart from a couple of pieces are covered new for old.

Craftsman
    Thank you very much everyone for your advice.

I think I will go for old / new, that seems to make the most sense. Although I hope it never happens as it has sentimental value.