closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Are there any fans of the Go On Show out there?

Are there any fans of the Go On Show out there?

I chanced upon this tonight:

...and it brought back all sorts of memories (It's a Square World, TW3 etc). Part 1 is fairly humorous (around some very dark subjects) but Parts 2 & 3 are more philosophical.

Used to read the scripts alot when I was a kid. Neddie seagoon, major bloodknock. Etc etc
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    ...and it brought back all sorts of memories (It's a Square World, TW3 etc). Part 1 is fairly humorous (around some very dark subjects) but Parts 2 & 3 are more philosophical.
    Thanks for posting the video; I'm half way through the 2nd part and find it very interesting. I must admit I thought it might be a spoof when I saw that the interviewer was a bishop; I was expecting something along the lines of this:

or perhaps this:

In terms of the question in the thread title I must say that they passed me by a little bit; I'm a bit young to have heard them as a kid though Spike Milligan featured heavily with me and a couple of peers at school. I am also too young to have heard Round The Horne the first time around though I've managed to catch up thanks to the advent of digital radio in the relatively recent past. Perhaps I'll give the Goon Show another try.
    Last edited by Carlton-Browne; 22nd November 2017 at 18:40.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Fascinating interview with Michael Bentine - thanks for posting. Though never been a particular fan of the Go Ons, it's always struck me what awesome mimics/raconteurs all four of them were, especially Sellers. Could listen to any of them all night, talking about anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
    Fascinating interview with Michael Bentine - thanks for posting. Though never been a particular fan of the Go Ons, it's always struck me what awesome mimics/raconteurs all four of them were, especially Sellers. Could listen to any of them all night, talking about anything...
    In which case you may enjoy Michael Bentine on accents, impersonations and Sellers: YouTubeLink.

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    In which case you may enjoy Michael Bentine on accents, impersonations and Sellers: YouTubeLink.
    Apparently his father had some previous link with the Peruvian Air Force. I wonder if there's one of these in the family?

Or perhaps one of these?

In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Master
    Love the Goons. My dad was a massive fan, and apparently missed my birth for an episode...

My fave: