closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Help ASAP !!!

Master

Help ASAP !!!

I’m trying to change my wheels before the light fades, can anyone advise on the fitment of these tyres please. I have had a look and I can’t see anything on there suggesting direction of travel only ‘outside’ markings.
    Can these go on either side?
    Cheers.

Master
    Just these 2 or all four -these appear to be exactly the same

Master
    All four. When I line them up with the outer part of the wheel on the same side the pattern is in the same direction but when I line them up as left and right, the pattern is opposite

They will have arrows on the side wall indicating the direction of rotation if they are directional. Maybe google the tyre name from the sidewall and see if they are directional if you are unsure.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I 'think' if these are no direction and 'outside' is out - you can put them wherever

To me, those look like they should be on the same side of the car, but it could be drivers or passenger's.

The sipe pattern appears to be asymmetrical wrt rotation.

What tyre make and model are they?

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    I 'think' if these are no direction and 'outside' is out - you can put them wherever
    This.
    Winter tyres with the V tread pattern are directional with an arrow.
    A symmetric tyres have out (or outside) written on them.

Once they have been fitted correctly on the rims, they can go on any corner - left right front back

Master
    Hankook winter i*cept evo

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robcat View Post
    To me, those look like they should be on the same side of the car, but it could be drivers or passenger's.

The sipe pattern appears to be asymmetrical wrt rotation.
    If I put all 4 wheels and tyres together with the outside of the wheel on the same side for all of them the pattern is then facing the same direction for all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    If I put all 4 wheels and tyres together with the outside of the wheel on the same side for all of them the pattern is then facing the same direction for all of them.
    That is odd then.

What make are they?

edit sorry, missed the above!

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    You wonder if the original tyre fitter didn’t put them on correctly, since the pattern defintely isn’t symmetrical.

As long as it says outside on the outside of the wheel then it's fine. They are not directional, they are asymmetric. This means any wheel can go on any corner.

Master
    They are on now anyway, but thanks for all the quick replies, much appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldfort View Post
    As long as it says outside on the outside of the wheel then it's fine. They are not directional, they are asymmetric. This means any wheel can go on any corner.
    This, directional tyres will have an arrow on them. If it only says 'outside' then that sidewall should be on the 'outside'. The tyres on my Range Rover are like that.

Master
    Blog Entries
    They are assymetric. In the photo, I'm guessing the face of the wheels are facing outwards?
    That's the right way to fit them.
    Assuming the 'Outside' marking on the sidewall is on the face of the wheel, you're good to go 👍