closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cheap moon phase

Master
    Blog Entries

Cheap moon phase

Got a bit of a craving for a moon phase lately so its got me searching around the net for whats about. Budget is small (£200ish) so going to have to be quartz which i dont mind as im not sure i could be bothered with setting up a mechanical every time i want to wear it in rotation. Anyway came across an Accurist GMT322B which caught my eye. There do not seem to be many owner pictures of this piece but from the few ive seen It has a bit of a busy dial going on but not too much to put me off. Here is one of the pics ive found

After a little reading around it seems that this watch may house the citizen 6770 movement which is found in the citizen campanola quartz and from the pictures it sure looks the same. Bit of a comparison in price though as the citizen is about 1500 GBP where the accirist you knock off a zero, 150 GBP.

I have found one sold by amazon (last one) and have it on order to have a closer look. Meanwhile has anyone here have any experience or have any better alternative moon phase recommendations?
    Last edited by sprite1275; 19th November 2017 at 12:00.

Master
    Blog Entries
    This arrived yesterday. Must say I think it's a great looking watch and a right bargain. Has decent sized domed sapphire on it with a very attractive dial. A little cluttered but to fit all that info on I think they have done well. The buttons and crown have nice movement to them and everything feels quality.

Its going back though. Would of liked to keep it but the only trouble is I just can't make the markings out on the 3 dub dials. I can if I look really hard in the right light but apart from that my naff eye sight is letting me down. Shame as I think Accurist have done great job at a bargain price when you see how much other makes Are charging with the same movement.

If it isn't too late can I suggest you give it a little time? Only I am a bit longsighted now but I've found it gets easier to read date subdials once you get familiar with them, even if you can't read them at first glance.

Just a thought if you like the watch apart from that point...