closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SOTTC: State of the Titoni Collection

SOTTC: State of the Titoni Collection

Anyone here who has ever bothered to pay any attention to me may know that I have a certain fondness for Titoni watches. Although pretty much unheard of in the UK and relatively unpopular in the rest of Europe they have always had a large presence in Asia - especially in China. This may account for some of the more recent godawful names they have come out with recently: the Titoni Miss Lovely anyone?

I've always rooted for the underdog and Titoni being the last of the family owned Swiss watch companies and having not been swallowed up by some monstrous conglomerate has always appealed to me. On with my watches:

The Seascopers

On the left we have a Seascoper VII which I bought from some ropey Malaysian website. I was pretty sure that I was being ripped off but happily the watch turned up.
    On the right, a modern Seascoper which I found on one of my many USA sojourns.

A pair of Seascoper Vs. These turn up once in a blue moon but luckily I was fastest to them both times.

The Airmasters

Left: A mid 2000s day/date Airmaster
    Centre: An Airmaster Pilot which I spent an absolute age searching for - it turned up on WUS
    Right: A 1980s 36mm Airmaster I picked up from a Chinese seller. Chinese sellers always seem to have the best original Titonis. India, as always, sells junk.

The Cosmo Kings

Left: A standard 80s Cosmo King
    Right: A weird Cosmo King / Diver hybrid. Great watch though!

Left: A very manly and tasteful 90s Cosmo King complete with diamonds (I hope...).
    Right: 80s Cosmo King which I suspect has been redialled.

My other stuff

Titoni Master Series. An amazing quality little watch which cost over £1500 new. At the time I bought it, eBay was absolutely flooded with fake Master Series which were selling for around £150. The UK based seller of this watch obviously had no idea all the others were fake so had priced it accordingly - I got an utter bargain!

A 70s Felca Valjoux 7733 chronograph. For those that aren't aware, Felca was a sister brand to Titoni and was eventually canned in 1981.

A Titoni Aerospace. God knows who got to the Aerospace name first but as this is an early 80s watch, I'll say Titoni. Take that Breitling! It has exactly nothing in common with the Breitling version.

A Titoni Madison bought from this very forum. Also the worst deal I've ever done on this forum - the seller was a total a-hole who disappeared shortly after selling me this watch with bits of bracelet missing. If you're reading this under a new ID "oldandgrumpy", feel free to go f*** yourself!

I don't even know what model this is. Nice bracelet though!

The future?

Genuine and original Titonis are an absolute pain in the butt to find, plus I refuse to pay retail. So here's what I am (and have been for a number of years) still looking for:

It's got a dragon on it.

The ultimate, ultimate grail - Titoni Art watch. Money (almost) no object for me. It's got a flying panda on it for Christ's sake!

Titoni Space Star GMT

This Felca Seascoper

Thanks for looking and I hope it's not been too boring :D
    Last edited by Lampoc; 13th November 2018 at 18:34.

I found that very interesting. Titoni have slipped totally under my radar.

Really interesting.
    Some real beauties there.

Master
    The thin bezelled modern seascoper certainly has an elegance to it .
    What would you say is the build quality like?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    The thin bezelled modern seascoper certainly has an elegance to it .
    What would you say is the build quality like?
    I'm probably a bit biased but the build quality is excellent. I'd personally place it slightly above the likes of Longines, Oris and TAG Heuer.

I knew you were a fan, but dint realise just how committed/Obsessed you were ;)

They had a very nice selection at Basel when I was last there some years back. Very nice people too, unlike some stands - Doxa were a bunch of pricks for example.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    A thread from the deep I know but the new Titoni thread led me here....I had a Titoni Seascoper ll for a while, came in a job lot and I wore it a little as I enjoyed the colour of the dial. Was an OK watch, had the original bracelet that wasn't a great thing though. Interesting and different collection you have Lampoc.

This thread definitely needs an update from me at some point...

Interesting watch there size11 and I'm pretty certain that's a redial. I know I've seen those indices on a vintage diver somewhere before but I can't quite place them. Something like an Enicar Kontiki, Enicar Sea Pearl or Zodiac diver. But not them because I just googled it!

Master
    I would love an Airmaster or Cosmo King.

Craftsman
    Yes, the 12,9,6 applied indices look Eterna, Enicar, Zodiac like but I never found another similar either. Not seen many Seascopers without a rotatable bezel either so it could have been a fake potentially I suppose, mind you with them mainly selling in the middle and far east I would imagine there are a lot of gaps in the 'database'. It's a while since I had it and was surprised that I could find images. If I remember the rotor was quite noisy.
    Cheers
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by size11s View Post
    Yes, the 12,9,6 applied indices look Eterna, Enicar, Zodiac like but I never found another similar either. Not seen many Seascopers without a rotatable bezel either so it could have been a fake potentially I suppose, mind you with them mainly selling in the middle and far east I would imagine there are a lot of gaps in the 'database'. It's a while since I had it and was surprised that I could find images. If I remember the rotor was quite noisy.
    Cheers
    Mark
    The case back is definitely real anyway ;)

Grand Master
    Which is better.

Titoni or Rolex?.

Quote Originally Posted by markbannister View Post
    I would love an Airmaster or Cosmo King.
    The new Cosmo watches are very nice, very well made. I am not a big fan of anything on a bracelet really though I dont recall there being much price difference between the strap and bracelet prices. The blue dial was probably my favourite though I was very impressed with the two tone version.

What a fabulous and interesting collection a brand that doesn't get mentioned much but I have seen these in Hong Kong and Singapore they are very popular there.

Darn it, something else to look out for on eBay. The Cosmo King is very interesting.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Some interesting looking watches there but I can’t get past the fact it says ‘TIT’ on the dial. Once seen I doubt it can be unseen. Great write up!

I realise how I used to love reading people's passion for eccentric brands like this. It makes you want things that are not normcore and that's good.

'A certain fondness' is something of an understatement! It is great to see such focus and enthusiasm for an interesting and less well known brand.

I particularly like the Seascoper Vs, the Aerospace and the Felca.

Felca were the most popular brand in Cyprus in the 60's, when I was growing up. When you bought a watch you were also given a green-handled pen knife. Those pen knives were everywhere.