closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Selling Your Babies!

Master

Selling Your Babies!

After a long look at my watch collection, I have decided to let some go. Most of them in fact. My problem is how to choose between them. I have mostly mechanicals, chronographs, some pocket pieces a quartz and some Eco drives. Since retiring, I hardly ever wear a watch as "the time" is no longer important to me, as is time itself. The kids don't share my interest, so ........ Suggestions please (not including "Give them to me!")

Bit harsh getting rid because they're not interested.

Ah, not sperm donation!

Start with making three piles - definite keeps, maybe and sell
    Base your distinctions on instinctive reaction rather than applying logic

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Pick a different watch to wear on Monday,Wednesday,Friday and for the weekend. Keep whatever you have chosen and sell the rest.

Grand Master
    I don’t know how long you’ve been retired, but if it’s not long my strong advice is to keep the watches until you’re really certain you want to let them go. I could say exactly the same, I’m retired and I lead a fairly leisurely life where I rarely need to be anywhere on time, I rarely go to smart functions/events that would be ideal for wearing many of the watches in my collection, I could easily let some of the nice stuff go and stick to a few daily wearers. However, I’ve no intention of doing so because I get pleasure from owning watches even if they rarely get worn.

Once they’re gone, they’re gone. Unless you can make far better use of the money tied up think long and hard before selling. Maybe you’ve already done this and reached your decision?..........but if in doubt delay it a while longer.

Paul

Recently decided might get rid of most of mine, prompted by a life changing event, kids said why, both love watches, to be fair they will be all there’s one day soon, so they stay.