closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What should I offer - Rolex 16710 coke

What should I offer - Rolex 16710 coke

I have seen a lovely 1992 16710 coke GMT that is fresh from a Rolex service. All original, includes everything that it originally came with includes original bill of sale. Doesn't look like it's been polished. What is a realistic retail price on this from a dealer? And if I flip it on SC what am i likely to get privately?

Thanks!

£6-7k...

Your firstborn

(Plus cash)
    And if you flip it on SC I'll give £8.75 plus a dog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mouldie View Post
    I have seen a lovely 1992 16710 coke GMT that is fresh from a Rolex service. All original, includes everything that it originally came with includes original bill of sale. Doesn't look like it's been polished. What is a realistic retail price on this from a dealer? And if I flip it on SC what am i likely to get privately?

Thanks!
    Have you ever heard of the word negotiate. Go in there, tell him his price is ridiculous and hammer the stuffing out of him.

When you have bought it for a song, let us all know how much you paid, then double it and slap it in the SC.

You will be happy because you made a profit and the self appointed guardians of forum behaviour in the Bear Pit will slag you off for profiteering and also because you prevented them from buying it cheap.

That way everyone is happy.

Master
    What price do they have it up for?

One assumes that if you have seen this watch, someone is selling and usually dealers tend to put a price on stuff that they are selling. Unless of course you are a very lucky lad and Aunt Doris doesn't have a clue what dead Uncle Bert's old watch is worth, but thought it would be a nice touch to get it serviced before trying to move it on in order to buy him a memorial bench on the prom with the customery plaque in his honour, in which case take the old bint to the cleaners.

Do not wear it or remove the service stickers, get it straight on SC with a big fat healthy mark up.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    One assumes that if you have seen this watch, someone is selling and usually dealers tend to put a price on stuff that they are selling. Unless of course you are a very lucky lad and Aunt Doris doesn't have a clue what dead Uncle Bert's old watch is worth, but thought it would be a nice touch to get it serviced before trying to move it on in order to buy him a memorial bench on the prom with the customery plaque in his honour, in which case take the old bint to the cleaners.

Do not wear it or remove the service stickers, get it straight on SC with a big fat healthy mark up.
    Your are slipping in your old age. For £50 he could buy a fake set of papers and that would whack the price right up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Your are slipping in your old age. For £50 he could buy a fake set of papers and that would whack the price right up.
    Aye but not as much as stickers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    And for another £100 an original box.....then he’d have a full set and really whack the price right up

Thanks!
    These are retailing for £7k now for spot on original full sets.

I’ve even seen them at more than that, although Pepsi seems to get a bit more (easily swapped for Pepsi insert)

Sounds like a lovely watch, so puzzled as to why you’d want to flip on SC for profit. I’m not sure how well that type of thing goes down with members. Buy it to enjoy it.

Good luck

Interesting responses, thanks. Also Interesting to see people assume a profit from a SC flip. I'm assuming a loss and this is the basis of the question. If I pay the dealer's asking price how big of a hit am I likely to take when I come to move it on.

It's up at £6,750 so sounds like it's about right. The dealer is an AD who doesn't normally sell used watches - hence me thinking they may be open to negotiation.

Anyway, I'll stop cluttering up watch talk with talk of watches......silly me!

Interesting responses, thanks. Also Interesting to see people assume a profit from a SC flip. I'm assuming a loss and this is the basis of the question. If I pay the dealer's asking price how big of a hit am I likely to take when I come to move it on.

It's up at £6,750 so sounds like it's about right. The dealer is an AD who doesn't normally sell used watches - hence me thinking they may be open to negotiation.

Anyway, I'll stop cluttering up watch talk with talk of watches......silly me!
    If it’s full set with original box, original papers, serviced, running well and original, £6,750 is a decent price to be honest. No harm in trying to get him down a bit still.

I’d personally say if it’s as nice an example as it sounds you won’t lose much if anything on it. Full sets are harder to find as the years go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    If it’s full set with original box, original papers, serviced, running well and original, £6,750 is a decent price to be honest. No harm in trying to get him down a bit still.

I’d personally say if it’s as nice an example as it sounds you won’t lose much if anything on it. Full sets are harder to find as the years go on.
    Thank you, much appreciated

Thank you, much appreciated
    No worries, I love my 16710 so looking forward to an incoming!!

Master

I have a 16710. Paid £4750 18 months ago from a dealer for a 2002 Full set & 2 service item.

£6750 seems punchy for the non SEL, non Super Luminova model.

Do a search on SC, fairly sure a full set failed to sell at under £6k in the past few months.

Master
    It did. Ditchvisitor failed to sell his Coke Full Set at £5250.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    I have a 16710. Paid £4750 18 months ago from a dealer for a 2002 Full set & 2 service item.

£6750 seems punchy for the non SEL, non Super Luminova model.

Do a search on SC, fairly sure a full set failed to sell at under £6k in the past few months.
    You paid £4,750 18 months ago for full set? Well done!!
    I bought a full set 2000 Pepsi with Coke and black bezels for £6.5k and I absolutely adore it.

Master
    ...fresh from a Rolex service ... Doesn't look like it's been polished.
    Unless there's paperwork saying that it wasn't polished, I'd be be dubious of that.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
    Unless there's paperwork saying that it wasn't polished, I'd be be dubious of that.
    I'm sure that could be arranged for a few buttons.

Grand Master
    If it's been polished correctly I fail to see why it matters! If it's been done properly the removal of metal will be absolutely minimal and the sharpness will be retained. I`ll never understand this 'unpolished' thing w8ith Rolex, where's the attraction in a watch that's covered in fine scratches and nicks? Just seems utterly silly to me, just because some Rolex watches have been badly polished in the past there seems to be an aversion to any form of refinishing!

Suggest the OP inspects it carefully and decides whether he's happy or not.

Paul

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    If it's been polished correctly I fail to see why it matters!

Paul
    It matters because "polished well" =/= "unpolished". A perfect condition unpolished watch has obviously had a very easy life. The same can't be said about a watch that was refinished to a high standard. A pretty obvious and important point, one would think. Theres's nothing wrong with a polished watch, but lets not act like it's something that it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    It did. Ditchvisitor failed to sell his Coke Full Set at £5250.
    Lovely full set but it did have a replacement dial and hands.

Master
    Blog Entries
    It matters because "polished well" =/= "unpolished". A perfect condition unpolished watch has obviously had a very easy life. The same can't be said about a watch that was refinished to a high standard. A pretty obvious and important point, one would think. Theres's nothing wrong with a polished watch, but lets not act like it's something that it isn't.
    These are tool watches, I doubt many people even come close to giving them a hard life.

I just bought a one owner 1991 Trit 16700 Pepsi full set, with recent Rolex Service, for £6250. I think it was a fair price.

My view is that these watches are going to become harder harder and harder to find, so buy them when you see them.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    These are tool watches, I doubt many people even come close to giving them a hard life.
    that is so funny

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    I wear mine all the time whatever I’m doing with the exception of engine work or welding.

The former because of what Ian did to the Seafire I sold him and the latter because weld splatter can melt sapphire crystal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I wear mine all the time whatever I’m doing with the exception of engine work or welding.

The former because of what Ian did to the Seafire I sold him and the latter because weld splatter can melt sapphire crystal.

I agreed Dave, my old 16800 has been worked very hard over the years including diving and 43 years of DIY, mechanical stuff and various sports.

I once bought a 16550 from a funeral director (original owner). When I saw pictures I pointed out it had a later bezel. "Oh that right, it was replaced by Rolex because all the numbers on the original one had been worn off" when I expressed my surprise he told me that not only was be a funeral director he also build the coffins. It had been worn everyday since 1983.

When he sold it to me me I had to promise to wear it 5 minutes fast as this was "funeral time"

Friedrich Nietzsche