closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Iphone 6 battery problems

Master
    Blog Entries

Iphone 6 battery problems

Wifes phone is running down fro 100% to 35% in about 3 hours I have done all the get rid of running Apps stuff. Can you get replacement batteries easy to fit or do we need a repair guy and whats the cost

Blog Entries

Soft reset with hardware keys

• Back up data on the internal memory.
    • Reset the iPhone by holding the sleep/wake button at the top right of the device and the home button at the bottom center of the face at the same time.
    • Hold them both until you see the screen go black.
    • Wait until the white Apple logo appears.

Master
    Apple will do it for £79 I believe. That does not seem that bad to bring it back to life with "pukka" servicing.

Craftsman
    Had the same thing with my 6S. They had a bad batch of batteries and are doing a free replacement if your serial number is in the affected batch. Not sure if this is the same for the 6 or just 6S. I had mine changed yesterday free at the apple store. Phone is out of warranty. Price would have been £65

Just read, they won't replace 6 batteries, just the 6S if your serial number is accepted
    Last edited by casbar; 17th November 2017 at 17:52.

Craftsman
    If it's a 6 then presumably it's well out of warranty? If so, battery replacement isn't a too difficult DIY task - you can buy an OEM battery (including the tools needed) for £11-12, it takes around 30 minutes

There's plenty of guides on the web - have a look to see what's involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoc View Post
    If it's a 6 then presumably it's well out of warranty? If so, battery replacement isn't a too difficult DIY task - you can buy an OEM battery (including the tools needed) for £11-12, it takes around 30 minutes

There's plenty of guides on the web - have a look to see what's involved.
    I had mine replaced by Apple - if you take the phone apart yourself I think it bricks the fingerprint sensor (3rd party screen replacement certainly does) and Apple Pay etc are disabled.

If you make an appointment they will do it "while you wait"

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks guys. I will book it in next week

Iphone 6 battery problems

I replaced the battery in my wife’s 6 myself. Got the battery from amazon,had the tools already and it took around 30 minutes. The battery came as a kit and supposedly comes with a years warranty and so far,it’s been a month plus, the new battery has been behaving itself.

Master
    I've done quite a few- pretty straightforward- plenty of guides be methodical
    Try to look on eBay for a decient battery- £10-£12 and 20 mins
    I heat up the rear of the case with a micro beanbag then sick the new battery in with double sided tape

The kit I used came with tape, 2 in fact and just as well as I didn’t read the instructions the first time and ruined the tape on my first attempt.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    I had mine replaced by Apple - if you take the phone apart yourself I think it bricks the fingerprint sensor (3rd party screen replacement certainly does) and Apple Pay etc are disabled.

If you make an appointment they will do it "while you wait"
    Is this the case even if you put the original home button back in?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Is this the case even if you put the original home button back in?
    No you need to remove the button and associated cable and install these on your new screen-

Master
    I thought my 6s+ battery was dying, hitting 20% around 3pm when coming of charge at 7am. Did a month without facebook (deleted the app) and it magically recovered. Ditched the facebook app for something called 'friendly' which not only doesn;t muller my battery but also lets me filter out all those 'suggested post adverts', and peoples posts by keyword, so no more trump, feminist or god posts without unfriending them.The interface isn't as slick and it can be a bit awkward at times but the pro's massively outweigh the cons for me.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by julian2002 View Post
    I thought my 6s+ battery was dying, hitting 20% around 3pm when coming of charge at 7am. Did a month without facebook (deleted the app) and it magically recovered. Ditched the facebook app for something called 'friendly' which not only doesn;t muller my battery but also lets me filter out all those 'suggested post adverts', and peoples posts by keyword, so no more trump, feminist or god posts without unfriending them.The interface isn't as slick and it can be a bit awkward at times but the pro's massively outweigh the cons for me.

Check your serial number and get a new free battery. Mine is fine now and I do use the Facebook app. Made loads of calls today etc and still have 73 per cent left and that is from 5am this morning, I was having to charge my phone twice a day

Master
    I think the battery replacement was for the S only

Craftsman
    Had one battery go awol , it used to drop charge like a brick randomly and the same if it got cold . I wasn't brave enough to change it with my pie fingers and dubious eye sight so it cost about £40 iirc

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by casbar View Post
    Check your serial number and get a new free battery. Mine is fine now and I do use the Facebook app. Made loads of calls today etc and still have 73 per cent left and that is from 5am this morning, I was having to charge my phone twice a day
    Unfortunately my 6s+ is not eligible for a new battery, although mine was just draining very quickly as opposed to shutting down with substantial charge remaining. The official Facebook app is a well known battery hog and I heartily recommend finding an alternative.

Master
    Have you updated to iOS 11? Did you know that using the control panel to switch off WiFi and Bluetooth doesn’t actually turn them off, only disconnects them. You now have to go into settings to fully turn off. Maybe leaving both Bluetooth and WiFi on are draining your battery, just a thought