closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Tesla Truck - game-changing design?

Master
    Shell have an initial charge station on the Holloway Road in London. See

https://youtu.be/nst2RGtgzfk

Incidentially, Robert Llewellyn (of Red Dwarf fame), presents this weekly show on all things electric and is massively into using renewables. He makes for a very engaging presenter and some good stuff is covered.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolawinston View Post
    Some good points made but I'm interested in the first one in particular and wonder why you think it would be so difficult for people to achieve the 0 to 60 figure?
    I’m not saying the car won’t achieve the stated acceleration figures, I’m sure it will, but I just don’t think many people are capable of competently controlling the car when it is accelerating flat out unless on a track.
    Last edited by JeremyO; 22nd November 2017 at 12:14.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyO View Post
    I’m not saying the car won’t achieve the stated acceleration figures, I’m sure it will, but I just don’t think many people are capable of competently controlling the car when it is accelerating flat out unless on a track.
    Surely you're only going to do 0-60 under full acceleration on a straight (with plenty of run ahead), so I can't see it being that difficult.

M.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Surely you're only going to do 0-60 under full acceleration on a straight (with plenty of run ahead), so I can't see it being that difficult.

M.
    Having personally driven an S in ludicrous mode which is claimed to be 2.5 seconds (I don't doubt it btw) to 60 I can report it was one of the easiest things I've ever done. It was on a track but it could have easily been on the road.

Should be interesting when idiots doing 0-60 in 2.5s meet driverless cars.