closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: amazon prime

amazon prime

anyone with amazon prime want to do me a massive favour and order something for me?
    yes, I'm a cheapskate.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    anyone with amazon prime want to do me a massive favour and order something for me?
    yes, I'm a cheapskate.
    What do you want ?

Probably one of these:

In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Master
    Drop me a pm, happy to help

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Likewise - happy to help if I can.

I can do so too. PM me.

Anyone who's had Prime for a while think the delivery times have got a bit crappy recently??

I used to be able to order at 5pm and it'd arrive the next day. I even have Sat and Sunday deliveries more than a few times.

Lately, I look to order something on Friday morning, and it'll be for a Monday delivery, which may not arrive until Tuesday.

1st world issue, yes......but not quite what it used to be.

Maybe they give new members the mega service and then water it down a bit....

^ agreed
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    I can do so too. PM me.

Anyone who's had Prime for a while think the delivery times have got a bit crappy recently??

I used to be able to order at 5pm and it'd arrive the next day. I even have Sat and Sunday deliveries more than a few times.

Lately, I look to order something on Friday morning, and it'll be for a Monday delivery, which may not arrive until Tuesday.

1st world issue, yes......but not quite what it used to be.

Maybe they give new members the mega service and then water it down a bit....
    And they've just changed free shipping so that even prime members have to pay shipping in certain situations now (I think it might have been for prime now, below a certain minimum spend). For non prime it's now £40 minimum for free delivery. Coupled with the BS that is add-on items, which you can't even opt to pay shipping for based on the non-argument that it is not feasible, yeah, they're becoming a bit crappy!
    Last edited by hafle; 16th November 2017 at 20:56.

Likewise, happy to buy anything you require.

Interesting comments about the service - I have just ordered two boxed sets of DVD's as I am travelling next week and they are scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

I have noticed that Sat/Sun deliveries are a rarity these days however......

Definitely. I order quite a lot of stuff from them and have noticed the lack of weekend deliveries available.

I think they have their market now and are starting to downgrade the options available with prime.

Do they still offer free delivery to those without Prime?
    Last edited by Matt London; 16th November 2017 at 22:40. Reason: Complete lack of legibility

Master
    The extended delivery times seem to have come since they started to deliver almost everything themselves.

I’m finding that I’m starting to pay a higher price in order to get it next day, which defeats the object of paying an annual fee.
    It’s up for renewal early next year I’m not sure I’ll renew.

Craftsman
    Yes it's definately gone down hill lately, like had been said, it's not always next day delivery now. Just finished prime yesterday, don't think I'll bother again as I don't use the TV side of things or music.

Master
    What niggles me is sometimes the default when buying isn't ASAP....I've paid for the service, why do I want to wait?

Plus returns used to be free back in the good old days, but can see why they had to change that!

Dave - I've replied to your PM but not heard back from you

Matt

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by hafle View Post
    And they've just changed free shipping so that even prime members have to pay shipping in certain situations now (I think it might have been for prime now, below a certain minimum spend). For non prime it's now £40 minimum for free delivery. Coupled with the BS that is add-on items, which you can't even opt to pay shipping for based on the non-argument that it is not feasible, yeah, they're becoming a bit crappy!
    I think having to pay extra for Prime Now is fair enough - you can’t expect such a premium service to be free (ie included in the flat fee).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    I think having to pay extra for Prime Now is fair enough - you can’t expect such a premium service to be free (ie included in the flat fee).
    I agree, but the point is that it was free, and may have been a deciding factor when someone decided to cough up for prime, only for it to be withdrawn once the money had changed hands.

thanks to everyone who offered to help. looks like i am now sorted. good old tz

- - - Updated - - -

thanks to everyone who offered to help. looks like i am now sorted. good old tz
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master
    I’ve got Prime and despite next day delivery being shown I’ve always waited 3 days or more for my stuff and there is a massive Amazon warehouse about 15 miles from my home.

Master
    Have to say that I've not noticed the delivery times slowing down (yet).

Most stuff turns up the next day and some has even been on same day delivery and been delivered on time.

I ha e also started checking prices on eBay and other sites.

It used to not be necessary as Amazon was always cheapest, but lately I’ve been about to but an item for ten or twenty quid and upon checking eBay, it’s been a fair chunk cheaper with a similar free delivery time.

Maybe Amazon is finally realising that being busy fools isn’t the best business to be in!

Last Friday I placed an order for Saturday delivery. That night I got the dispatch email confirming delivery for Monday! I cancelled the order and queried it with customer services, who said they were having issues with the local fulfilment centre and gave me a £10 credit. The next day the same items were available for Sunday delivery.

Master
    I ha e also started checking prices on eBay and other sites.

It used to not be necessary as Amazon was always cheapest, but lately I’ve been about to but an item for ten or twenty quid and upon checking eBay, it’s been a fair chunk cheaper with a similar free delivery time.

Maybe Amazon is finally realising that being busy fools isn’t the best business to be in!
    The sellers are getting peeved about the high Amazon fees - we're talking typically 12-15%!! Margins are tight nowadays and suppliers can't afford to loose 15% so what they do is hike the price up (BTDT!!). Have you noticed how often you'll get something from amazon and they'll be a note inside the package saying next time go direct to our site and we'll knock 10% (or similar) off? Happens all the time.

We use Amazon a LOT and havent really noticed any changes. We are close to Reading where there is a big warehouse so maybe that helps.

Most of the time I do no rush, previously you used to get a £3 voucher off digital orders (videos, music, kindle books) which I used a lot. Normally got about 2-3 free books a month. I used to order one item at a time rather than throwing them all in the basket as well!!

Now they've changed to £3 off pantry but can only use one voucher per order so not as good.

Makes me laugh when the post a card through the door and they have written "In small shed in porch" -- Its a shoe box for our boots -- FFS not a shed!

I have just cancelled my membership, as it was only the delivery speed that I wanted to use anyway, ie not the streaming music/films etc. For me the delivery speeds are now no better than a super-saver delivery in terms of timescales, despite still saying the items are 'guaranteed next day delivery' when ordered.

What I could never understand was for a company that size with all their computerised system they could never give you time slots for any deliveries, even an am/ pm would do, but as usual it’s an all day time slot

No worries D, it should be with you by the COB on Monday as requested.

Fas est ab hoste doceri

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel306 View Post
    Yes it's definately gone down hill lately, like had been said, it's not always next day delivery now. Just finished prime yesterday, don't think I'll bother again as I don't use the TV side of things or music.
    The TV thing is also getting worse, as they've introduced a new app for certain programmes/films, so they're reducing their already patchy content even further by splitting it up into two different apps. Rather like what they did with Amazon Music (or whatever it was called) and then introduced another version.

I will not be renewing for all the issues listed by others on the delivery times, delivery prices and the TV move.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    The TV thing is also getting worse, as they've introduced a new app for certain programmes/films, so they're reducing their already patchy content even further by splitting it up into two different apps. Rather like what they did with Amazon Music (or whatever it was called) and then introduced another version.

I will not be renewing for all the issues listed by others on the delivery times, delivery prices and the TV move.
    They must think people were born yesterday, they’ll leave in droves if they don’t get a premium service for what is a premium price. Lost ‘subscriber’ revenue and lost general sales is going to have quite an impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    They must think people were born yesterday, they’ll leave in droves if they don’t get a premium service for what is a premium price. Lost ‘subscriber’ revenue and lost general sales is going to have quite an impact.
    Yup. A lot of the content on Prime Video needs to be paid for anyway by renting or purchasing it. It'll only get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Robti View Post
    What I could never understand was for a company that size with all their computerised system they could never give you time slots for any deliveries, even an am/ pm would do, but as usual it’s an all day time slot
    Unfortunately they use Yodel for a lot of deliveries.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Yup. A lot of the content on Prime Video needs to be paid for anyway by renting or purchasing it. It'll only get worse.
    It was good while it lasted, I've luckily managed to get the last 2 years at £59 a year instead of the normal £79.
    With Black Friday coming up it may go lower again for anyone that wants it.

After a couple of cold rants 2 evenings in a row about Yodel failing to leave my orders in the safe place...
    According to the Yodel courier today, either Amazon doesn’t trust Yodel or Yodel doesn’t trust its courier but the £16’50 T-shirt that my daughter ordered as a birthday present for her friend’s 12th birthday tomorrow HAD to be signed for...

On the plus side the people at Amazon customer centre may be in the Philippines but they were very well trained (knew when to speak and when to listen, took ownership of the issues and dealt with them brilliantly.
    Plus they extended my subscription, which is an unexpected bonus.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.