Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Harrods green black bay

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Is that a proposition ?
    Might be, however had better tell the wife first! 😊👍

Why, will she be joining in?
    It's just a matter of time...

from the visit today

ok had a long chat, thought i'd let those wondering what the story is from the harrods point of view

harrods originally agreed with tudor to make 100 numbered as a special edition
    the feedback was so good tudor increased this to 175, the extra 75 mainly being rolex and tudor people who wanted one or promo pieces for magazine editors as they're using it to help push tudor in the uk
    so they will make 175 not all 175 will go to harrods so far they have received 69 ( i never understand this surely they made the whole 175 in one run), apparently the weekend it was made public they had 400 people contact them to put their name down to buy the piece

so they have sold the number they had many times over so tudor have offered to make more, they are not sure if they will be the same or numbered but the feeling is they will be less to promote tudor and more to promote harrods, they think they will probably be different and probably won't be numbered but nothing is 100% certain, its more a reaction of this was a much bigger success then they expected for them

interestingly they still have people phoning up for the green panerai harrods special edition- but they can't shift the blue one, so just repeating the formula doesn't necessarily repeat the success so they are worried about the people who have put their name down for the limited edition version may not want the non limited edition version but figure compared to the other watches they sell, it'll be cheap enough a lot of overseas people will buy one to show where they've been in the uk so no matter what can sell them and so that pushes it more towards more harrods branding

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpgkennedy View Post
    ok had a long chat, thought i'd let those wondering what the story is from the harrods point of view

the feedback was so good tudor increased this to 175, the extra 75 mainly being rolex and tudor people who wanted one or promo pieces for magazine editors as they're using it to help push tudor in the uk
    so they will make 175 not all 175 will go to harrods so far they have received 69 ( i never understand this surely they made the whole 175 in one run), apparently the weekend it was made public they had 400 people contact them to put their name down to buy the piece

so they have sold the number they had many times over so tudor have offered to make more, they are not sure if they will be the same or numbered but the feeling is they will be less to promote tudor and more to promote harrods, they think they will probably be different and probably won't be numbered but nothing is 100% certain, its more a reaction of this was a much bigger success then they expected for them

interestingly they still have people phoning up for the green panerai harrods special edition- but they can't shift the blue one, so just repeating the formula doesn't necessarily repeat the success so they are worried about the people who have put their name down for the limited edition version may not want the non limited edition version but figure compared to the other watches they sell, it'll be cheap enough a lot of overseas people will buy one to show where they've been in the uk so no matter what can sell them and so that pushes it more towards more harrods branding
    Thanks for the summary!

Much needed I think due to the amount of questionable facts people were throwing into this forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TudorMan View Post
    Thanks for the summary!

Much needed I think due to the amount of questionable facts people were throwing into this forum

Isn't that basically what 100%monkey already said though?
    Love is all I bring. In my khaki suit and ting.

I did tell you the Head of Tudor UK said it wasnít a limited edition and would make as many as Harrods wanted.

Do you think Harrods was only going to sell 100 if it can sell 500+ easily and with their branding on? They are not idiots...

I'm just basically happy for tudor who have got a success on their hands. I don't care if they milk it, it's a nice watch. Looking forward to the hello kitty LE.

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    it's a nice watch. Looking forward to the hello kitty LE.

Didnít have you down as a Hello Kitty fan but each to their own! Canít say I think the pink would work quite so well

Interesting thread. Lover and haters alike. Be interesting if the critics had managed to get one to see their views
    Follow Me on: Instagram Twitter

"When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say,
    For Their Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today"

Miffy during the week, HK at the weekends.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpgkennedy View Post

Or you could just say itís 100% uncertain

As Winston Churchill famously said ĎDonít believe everything you read on the internetí

Instagram @blowersmayfair

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    As Winston Churchill famously said ĎDonít believe everything you read on the internetí

Thatís genius, going to use that myself.

Craftsman
    Didnít have you down as a Hello Kitty fan but each to their own! Canít say I think the pink would work quite so well

Interesting thread. Lover and haters alike. Be interesting if the critics had managed to get one to see their views
    How many are you sitting on?
    Valiant effort to keep the hype going so far...

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post

Craftsman
    An honest dayís work. Especially when they sell for more than the kermits!

An honest dayís work. Especially when they sell for more than the kermits!

Where are they more expensive?
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Thatís genius, going to use that myself.
    Well he was the first to ever use OMG, in a letter during WW1.

Quote Originally Posted by aksing View Post
    Well he was the first to ever use OMG, in a letter during WW1.
    The internet has been going longer than I thought,,
    Sent from My etch a sketch

Quote Originally Posted by 964RS View Post
    I was chatting with Sven Olsen, he's Head of Tudor UK, not sure who is CEO of Tudor in Geneva now but I think Philippe Peverelli moved to a different part of the Rolex group last year...

I much preferred the green Harrods watch to the blue bronze Bucherer special edition
    Donít tell anyone but the H on the back is actually for ĎHerefordí itís a Special Forces Watch cunningly disguised as a boutique edition and thereís only 100 so every bloke who was on the Iranian Embassy balcony can have 1. !!!!🧐

Craftsman
    Itís nice enough watch but the green representing Harrods, doesnít really represent the down to earth working class roots of Tudor

Craftsman
    Donít tell anyone but the H on the back is actually for ĎHerefordí itís a Special Forces Watch cunningly disguised as a boutique edition and thereís only 100 so every bloke who was on the Iranian Embassy balcony can have 1. !!!!類
    Ha ha! I like your style...

I guess that some younger members of the forum will be wondering what on earth you are talking about. :)

Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    Itís nice enough watch but the green representing Harrods, doesnít really represent the down to earth working class roots of Tudor

Green is Rolex branding colour but also a strong military shade and refreshingly different like a nicely faded LV feel to it but with the added bonus of green writing and hand tip.

Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    bla bla bla.... the down to earth working class roots of Tudor

Eh?

Thumbs up

Who pissed on your chips?

If anyone has a 116900 Airking they want to trade I know of a Black Bay Green going spare !