closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Speedmaster homages

Master

Speedmaster homages

Any ideas on Speedmaster homages.
    I've had a couple of Speedmasters(and Bulovas which are too big) over the years and still like the design but would like alternative suggestions to the actual Speedmaster.
    I bought a Pagani Design which is a very good likeness, but are there any others in quartz or eco drive.

The obvious answer is the ‘reduced’ Speedmaster which is automatic.
    They are very similar but in 39mm
    There are other versions of the Speedmaster made other then the pro, again most are automatic.
    Have a look at some of the ‘racing’ versions

Seiko have done a fair few watches similar to the Speedmaster so again have a Google of those.

Vintage Daytona?

Craftsman
    For a similar quest (a few years ago) I ended up with these two :

• Casio Edifice EF-503
    • Swatch Dark Phoenix YCS429

share picture

The Casio is a decent quartz chronograph that has enough of a Speedmaster about it to tick the box as a homage. It is a discontinued model, but they do pop up fairly regularly on eBay, and usually at £100 or less. 41mm diameter. Case height is about 10mm.

The Swatch was one of the stainless steel Irony line and hence looks much better than the plastic stuff in my opinion. I put mine on an aftermarket bracelet rather than the supplied brown strap, and I thought it worked fairly well as a Speedmaster surrogate. Also discontinued, but findable on the auction site. 40mm case on this one, 12mm case height. Retail price was £151 when they were available brand new from Swatch.

If you like the look of these, I'd be prepared to part with either, or even both :-)

Master
    I'll go digging for pics later but Seiko do a nice Speedy-a-like in the 7t92 movement and (of course) Rotary do a decent knock-off as well for pocket money.
    Depending on your budget, I do recall a really nice Dreyfuss watch in that style. They retail at £700 or so but i picked one up for under 300.