closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not another Submariner review

Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post
    Thanks. I hope I put my original post in terms of design preferences rather than criticism. I certainly wouldn't say I hate the newer case, that's a bit strong, I just prefer the slimmer lugs. As does Rolex apparently, given they are used on the previous two Sea Dwellers and the DSSD.
    I am not sure there is enough evidence to suggest this yet, if Rolex choose a radical redesign at Basel it will confirm that they felt they had made a mistake with the maxicase

It will still be a mistake that I am glad they made :)

Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    I am not sure there is enough evidence to suggest this yet, if Rolex choose a radical redesign at Basel it will confirm that they felt they had made a mistake with the maxicase

It will still be a mistake that I am glad they made :)
    Oh I've no idea if they will do it, I have no understanding of how they make their design decisions, albeit whatever they do it seems to result in more sales! With possible exception of the new Air King? Anyway it seems odd that only one model in the line up should have the maxi case so naturally I wonder if they would make it consistent.

Great post. Thanks for your comment on my WTB post, the Sub is still an itch which needs scratching, but I really love my Explorer 214270, I also own a Grovana Coral Reef (Sub-alike) and its awesome, I nearly traded it for a new Longines (Hydroconquest?) diver but it felt cheap and inferior to my Grovana. Sometimes you just don’t need that crown emblem on your watch to know you have a great watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    That watch is nothing but a fake. Homage, my eye.

If that was $20 in Thailand we’d be laughing at the red seconds hand due to their amateurism.

People mistake it for a Submariner because that is what it has been designed to do.

Journeyman
    At least when people say, is that a Rolex, you can say no :)
    Must be a lovely relief being recategorised like that. For that alone the watch deserves some credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Subday View Post
    That watch is nothing but a fake. Homage, my eye.

If that was $20 in Thailand we’d be laughing at the red seconds hand due to their amateurism.

People mistake it for a Submariner because that is what it has been designed to do.
    Erm if it was designed to look like a current model Submariner then it wouldn't have a red seconds hand, sword hands, gold lume and all the other details which are different. It's not as if they were trying to make a Submariner replica and accidentally put a red seconds hand on....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post
    Erm if it was designed to look like a current model Submariner then it wouldn't have a red seconds hand, sword hands, gold lume and all the other details which are different. It's not as if they were trying to make a Submariner replica and accidentally put a red seconds hand on....
    It’s took a design cue from a very successful yet simplistic dialled Watch . It’s tweaked it . Many watch companies have all had a stab at there own submariner inspired offerings . Ha Ginault is the new Steinhart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk