timefactors watches

Thread: Tales from the Workshop: Chassis back from the powder coater

Tales from the Workshop: Chassis back from the powder coater

As per title. Around 6, the trailer with the chassis was rolled into the workshop. The freshly powder coated chassis looks stunning. I took some pics with my iPhone about an hour ago, using the lamps on the ceiling of the shop. So the pics aren't too bright. I will try to get better, clearer pics tomorrow morning.

Now, with the chassis back, there's no reason not to start assembling: lots of shiny little parts a have been cleaned, bought, replaced and quite a few items are pre-installed (like the diff), waiting on the shelf for a new lease of life. I will give you an update every now and then.

Menno

Last edited by thieuster; 14th November 2017 at 21:37.

I'm looking forward to seeing this rebuilt from "the ground up" .

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing this rebuilt from "the ground up" .
    Will try. But... nothing's to report when you forget your phone like I did today. Oh well, a quiet day. The chassis has several cavities (due to the design). First step was to out any form of sandblasting material: sand or similar. After that, it was to take out the tap & dye set. After powder coating some holes need to be rethreaded because they're partly filled with coating. It's a laborious (is that the correct term?) job: carefully cleaning it out. After cleaning it's time to insert a long thin nozzle into the cavities and fill the whole of the chassis with wax.

We're about the undertake an experiment with a product we're not familiar with: http://www.mike-sander.de According to German car magazines, this product outperforms any other rust prevention product. The owner of the car was impressed by what he'd seen on other cars and we're interested in trying something new.

Menno