Omega
Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday

I wanted to put a few words down on how I feel about this watch after a few weeks of ownership on the wrist.

First the name
I mean come on Omega - what other company names a watch after a watch forum post! https://www.omegawatches.com/watch-o...31132423001001. It is 'limited' to 2012 in number (being the year when the 'Speedy Tuesday' posts started). I actually bought mine off a forum member over list (but lot less than advertised on WF etc). It was in an unused condition.

The straps
It arrives on a brown 'vintage' strap and also black/white nato but no bracelet (it's a puzzle). One of the first things I did was to change it to a black Hirsch strap - but it was annoyingly 19mm so this week I have bought a padded Hirsch 20mm which is moulding to my wrist nicely. I have also tried to on my Omega black nato which does work quite well (if you like a Speedmaster on a nato).

The back and case
It has various additional engraving on the stainless steel screw down case back, but one item I really like is the fully brushed case (and the silver 'panda' sub-dials). The crown has the Omega insignia which is a nice touch::

Dial
This speedmaster has the same movement as the moon watch professional, Cal 1861 so has the same sub-dial layout etc. BUT it has silver sub-dials which makes it look quite different. I find The readability IS affected by the sub-dials as the hands are also silver with lume so there is little contrast while the hands are over the sub-dial. But others have said, it is surprising how I have adapted to that. And certainly the dials do make it a very handsome variant to the standard speedmaster.

Special features different from the moon watch are that the subdials have inverted 20 and 40 on the second hand sub-dial and inverted 10 and 20 on the 30 minute totaliser. I notice the second totaliser jumps at each minute - the hour totaliser at 6 o'clock moves smoothly round the 12 hours. The Cal 1861 is of course hand-wound. I find mine very easy to wind each morning - even on wrist.

The lume is very interesting, I can actually read the watch at 1am but it's lume is of course reduced being luminova (or variant of) here it is fully charged.

Real life experiences
So after a couple of weeks I say this is a watch that grows on you. It is if course a speedmaster at heart, but is a refreshing difference from the 'standard' moon-watch and IMHO one of the rather nice never ending 'special' editions that are dreamt up by the Omega marketing department. The sub-dials at first took some getting used to for telling the time - but now it is second nature and no problem. I think it will fit in my little collection rather well, I'll probably keep it on a strap or nato, but it seems others are looking to pick up a bracelet for theirs. Maybe one-day I will.

Here are some wrist shots showing the various straps:

Final: