108. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

95 87.96%
  • Yes

12 11.11%
  • Undecided

1 0.93%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this too big? Is it all about perspective?

They both look fine on your wrist but the 42mm definitely doesn't look too big to my eye - wear it and enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    They both look fine on your wrist but the 42mm definitely doesn't look too big to my eye - wear it and enjoy
    Thanks I’ve worn it all day on a black NATO and it’s been perfect. It’s returning + 2spd so I’m very happy.
    Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 15th November 2017 at 22:03.

Craftsman
    its at the upper end of what i'd say would be ok on your wrist but by no means 'too big'. Wear it for a week, i'm sure you'll have forgotten about your concern.

Grand Master
    If you had an almost identical watch in 40mm size and you were happy, why bother trying to wear a bigger version? Really can’t see the logic in this, there’s no badge of honour for wearing the largest version of a watch.

My wrists are 6.75” and I’m sure the 40mm version would look better on me than the larger one. However, if you’re looking for the ‘big watch’ look you may be happier with the larger one, and only you can answer that.

Paul

Banned
    A thread over two millimetres.

Quote Originally Posted by sarky View Post
    A thread over two millimetres.
    So walk on by and don’t comment if it doesn’t interest you. Unless you’re only here to troll which of course you are.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    If you had an almost identical watch in 40mm size and you were happy, why bother trying to wear a bigger version? Really can’t see the logic in this, there’s no badge of honour for wearing the largest version of a watch.

My wrists are 6.75” and I’m sure the 40mm version would look better on me than the larger one. However, if you’re looking for the ‘big watch’ look you may be happier with the larger one, and only you can answer that.

Paul
    Hi Paul - it’s a different model with a different movement, different diameter and lug to lug length too so quite a different beast actually. It also comes with a bracelet which I didn’t have for the other one.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    So walk on by and don’t comment if it doesn’t interest you. Unless you’re only here to troll which of course you are.
    Check for that chip, it’s still there. Your thread was interesting and I’ve followed it. My comment was focused on the justification members have made arguing (not debating, which is acceptable) what choice you should make, based on nothing but their blinkered view, exactly as you’ve just pointed out in your last post above.

It makes me laugh and sad what hang ups people have over 2mm. They drive crap cars too, but use nostalgia to hide reality.