closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ale and Beer THREAD

Craftsman
    Enville Ale sold around the West Midlands is my favourite

Got to give a nod towards some Czech Pilsners too. Gambrinus being a favourite. You can't beat a good Czech Pivo Var (cellar pub) serving good beer, Pork knuckle and sourkrout)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman

I had a couple of pints of this in the old town in Bridlington today and was very impressed.

I had a couple of pints of the Bunny Hop and one of the Mary Jane on Saturday, didn't think too much of the latter however the Bunny Hop was lovely. This was in one of the oldest pubs in my home town Chelmsford, The Original Plough, thought to be serving beer since the mid 1800s.

Moving on to pub no.2 - The Ale House - I had, unlike me, a couple of ciders, Sea Cider's Rhubarb and then their Mango. The Rhubarb was OK, the Mango was exactly like drinking a fruit juice, very sweet and you just wouldn't know it was 4%. Finished off with Tiny Rebel's You Snows It, I'll be sure to drink some more of this in the coming weeks and it made me wish I hadn't bothered with the ciders.

Pub no.3 (The Hop Beer Shop, a truly fantastic little gem of a place) saw a pint or two of local brewers Round Tower's beers downed before we wobbled across the road to pub no.4, the newly opened Moulsham Tap. A very enjoyable afternoon into evening, and I feel pretty lucky to have a great choice of quality drinking establishments on my doorstep.

After a stressful day at a hospital, a bottle of Hobgoblin to quench the thirst, followed by . . .

. . . with a glass or two of spiced rum to follow . . . and, relax . . .
    F.T.F.A.

Craftsman
    Our local Spoons is knocking out pints of Doombar for £1.29 a pint!! for the last few weeks and until the end of the year.
    Whilst perfectly drinkable it is not quite top of my list of beers, and the establishment itself, along with it's clientele, leaves more than a little wiggle room for improvement.
    However, £1.29 A PINT!!!!!!!!
    Having said that though, only time I've been down there in the last few weeks I drank something else entirely that was really rather lovely. Name escapes me now as I have never seen it before or since. It's loveliness remains strong in the memory though

Fresh from the Brewery but didn’t last long and ignore the blue monicker it’s deep red with a pink head and it tastes lush!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moses View Post
    Our local Spoons is knocking out pints of Doombar for £1.29 a pint!! for the last few weeks and until the end of the year.
    Whilst perfectly drinkable it is not quite top of my list of beers, and the establishment itself, along with it's clientele, leaves more than a little wiggle room for improvement.
    However, £1.29 A PINT!!!!!!!!
    Having said that though, only time I've been down there in the last few weeks I drank something else entirely that was really rather lovely. Name escapes me now as I have never seen it before or since. It's loveliness remains strong in the memory though
    Here's an interesting article about Doom Bar protzonbeer.co.uk/comments/2015/06/29/doom-bar-between-rock-a-hard-place

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Very educational. I, along with most of their other customers I presume, was blissfully unaware that Burton-on-Trent is in Cornwall these days.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moses View Post
    Very educational. I, along with most of their other customers I presume, was blissfully unaware that Burton-on-Trent is in Cornwall these days.
    That's what happens when you let a marketing department redraw county boundaries !!

Whilst I'm primarily a bitter drinker I will drink "foreign" beers. I always check the labels carefully to ensure they are brewed and imported into the UK otherwise you are paying a premium for a "copy". Kingfisher is a prime example of this

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Master
    I always read this thread title as “Ale and Bread” for some reason.

Which would be a fairly interesting thread if that were the case I feel.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the recommendation

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sammyl1000 View Post
    In the 1970s my uncle visited that yard every week to pick up beer for the officers and sgts mess. He dreaded going in the afternoon when the chances of being either run over or skewered by a fork lift driver after a 4 pint lunch increased exponentially.

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Fullers London Pride can be really nice (and often is in London), but it doesn't always travel that well.
    The problem with London Pride is that it's often the one real ale stocked in pubs who really don't know how to keep the stuff; this just increases your chance of getting a ropey pint.

Quote Originally Posted by apm101 View Post
    My taste generally runs to the less mainstream- highly hopped, strong stuff (DIPA etc) and flavoursome stouts and porters.
    That's roughly where my tastes are at the moment. I'm even finding that I can get hold of micro-brewery pale ales without having to stray over to the hipster parts of Berlin.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Blog Entries
    Had a lovely pub lunch yesterday with the Oaklady and some lovely Seafarers Ale. Light and refreshing beer and at 3.6% very drinkable.

Master
    I love peroni gran reseva and used to get it from sainsbury as my beer of choice. Sainsbury’s now dont stock it. The only place I can get it is prezzo or on line.