I just purchased with a bit of wheeling and dealing a very cheap Tudor Heritage Black Bay blue 79220B ETA version which I prefer to the in house. And the reason I like it so much, is it’s reminds me of the Tudor sub (I think I have mentioned this a few times on here that I am a fan of the Tudor sub) but without the machined bezel, although the text is similar/same. Has no crown guard which I love like the 50/60’s subs. Dial/Face is broadly the same as the subs right through to most recent and the applied markers are white gold (possibly plated)
, just like the Rolex sub (not if plated) - not a deal breaker for me at this price point so let’s assume plated.

I think I like it better than the modern Rolex sub (I have one) as its more an ode to the old vintage look of the military Tudor sub watches of the 50/70’s. Obviously this is personal choice and of course Rolex had similar changes through the years and o could have went vintage Rolex but we are taking about value for money here.

It may be generalisation but the go to watch if you want a Rolex on your arm has to be the Rolex sub, possibly cost (I work in London and see more sub per m2 than any other Rolex), but for the price point I don’t think you can beat Tudor bbb.

In my opinion the case - which is amazing, bezel - lovely single direction click very tight, dial and hands - I also love the snowflake hands and the lume is lovely and bright. Nothing in it compared to Rolex, as I say I have one .Strap and deployment are really nice in my opinion the bbb is much better than anything else in the Tudor range at the moment and looks quality.

If I am honest it looks and feels like a Rolex but then again it should as most of then components are theirs except the movement. I haven’t even looked at the cloth strap but we know it’s nice. For me I wouldn’t buy anything in the Tudor range at the moment, I tried the Pelegos + LHD and the other black bays but they are simply not the same. They are big and bulky and clunky. This is not.

I will caveat that I am in no way knocking the Rolex Sub, or Rolex sub wearers, as I say I have one myself and love it, and in respect of the Tudor range they have some lovely pieces, just not for me. I am simply pointing out that for what I paid for a bnib Tudor Heritage Black Bay blue 79220B ETA and for how much you have to pay for a Rolex sub there is an affordable option out there if you don’t mind having Tudor on your wrist as opposed to Rolex.

The black bay blue ETA is a steal for a watch that is basically a Rolex with a rose on the front instead of a crown - oh yeah the movement is different but it’s not a bad one is it.

Any love for the bbb ETA?

Fred

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk