closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: And the Rolex profiteering continues

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Mc View Post
    You really are a self opinionated t""t.
    Seriously?

That kind of post will not do you well on the public part of the forum.
    Last edited by Chris_in_the_UK; 12th November 2017 at 09:04.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Mc View Post
    You really are a self opinionated [deletes potty mouth].
    Says the G-Shock fan who thinks Rolex makes ugly watches, only purchased by footballers. What were you saying about everyone having an opinion?

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by sarky View Post
    Probably squinting to see it in the window display from the H Samuels branch opposite.
    Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Vintage milgauss? About 25k iirc. I remember at the time thinking how expensive it was. How wrong i was. Isn't hindsight wonderful?
    Yep. He would have flown anywhere in the world to deliver it too included in the price. Fantastic watch, someone got a bargain.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

For that price I would have the white gold version.

Blog Entries
    Wow is this thread in Watch Talk?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I feel the response to that would only require the briefest of flow charts.

I also remember lusting after that milgauss.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    No doubt
    Last edited by Bob Mc; 12th November 2017 at 10:03.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Griswold View Post
    Yep. He would have flown anywhere in the world to deliver it too included in the price. Fantastic watch, someone got a bargain.
    I seem to remember it first being offered at @£14k. It used to pop up on SC when the GBP - $AU exchange rate was favourable. Did he actually sell it in then end then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    To get the OP’s thread back on track I don’t blame them for trying to sell it at that price, if it’s market value it’ll sell. The market will define its value.
    Nice to see this getting back to the matter in hand.... Given the seemingly divisive design, I’d imagine Rolex will really need to restrict supply if market value is going to stay 50% above list price!

Craftsman
    Also if it’s good enough for The Fed, it’s good enough for me....

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Not a fan of bi-metals, but this sort of works.

Too big for your wrist. Looks ridiculous. Clown watch.

It was nice, but I don't think it was cheap. Had he not been so difficult and aggressive in his listing I may well have bought it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    It was nice, but I don't think it was cheap. Had he not been so difficult and aggressive in his listing I may well have bought it.
    I thought you had bought it Tony, don't know why.
    I remember it being up once with pics then the next time pics by email only and it all went a bit ****

Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    I thought you had bought it Tony, don't know why.
    I remember it being up once with pics then the next time pics by email only and it all went a bit ****
    From memory it was a fair bit cheaper first time around, too. Shame, because I’ve wanted a 1019 for years.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jacktheripper View Post
    Is a tad too big, I do like it tho

Looks like a dinner plate. Made for a boxer.

Master
    It's hard to judge. It looks enormous in that picture, but it's probably a lot more reasonable in person.

It's a big watch though.

Master
    Looks like a dinner plate. Made for a boxer.
    Where can I procure a boxer dinner plate old boy? I have one joining us this Christmas, boxer that is not plate, we have loads of chinaware already and well it would be silly to think of an inanimate object joining us for Christmas any way I digress, I think a dedicated dinner plate would make a superb Christmas gift for our boxer guest not the chinaware.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Where can I procure a boxer dinner plate old boy? I have one joining us this Christmas, boxer that is not plate, we have loads of chinaware already and well it would be silly to think of an inanimate object joining us for Christmas any way I digress, I think a dedicated dinner plate would make a superb Christmas gift for our boxer guest not the chinaware.
    Speak English young boy.

Master
    Speak English young boy.
    Oh but I am dear darling boy, perhaps you are not from this locale, let me rephrase my enquiry. W-h-e-r-e c-a-n I p-r-o-c-u-r-e a b-o-x-e-r-s p-l-a-t-e?

Oh but I am dear darling boy, perhaps you are not from this locale, let me rephrase my enquiry. W-h-e-r-e c-a-n I p-r-o-c-u-r-e a b-o-x-e-r-s p-l-a-t-e?
    Your local Rolex AD? That disgusting Sky Dweller should do it. Or the 43mm Sea Dweller, 44mm Yacht Master, 44mm Deepsea. All overcompensating clown watches for overcompensating clowns.

The relative size to wrist in a photo has been covered in another thread, so it won’t look as big in real life.
    That aside that’s a bit of a rude post of you, so you don’t like it, ok no problem, just be a little less vocal.

Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    The relative size to wrist in a photo has been covered in another thread, so it won’t look as big in real life.
    That aside that’s a bit of a rude post of you, so you don’t like it, ok no problem, just be a little less vocal.
    He'll never get his post count up if he's less vocal. It does strange things to people. Like posting crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunce View Post
    He'll never get his post count up if he's less vocal. It does strange things to people. Like posting crap.
    Just for the record, I don't care about post count. I could literally be on here for the next 40 years and not once see how many posts I've made. I use mobile view which doesn't even show you how many posts you've made. I find it incredibly funny that people measure others by post count on here.

Master
    Your local Rolex AD? That disgusting Sky Dweller should do it. Or the 43mm Sea Dweller, 44mm Yacht Master, 44mm Deepsea. All overcompensating clown watches for overcompensating clowns.
    Oh my dear dear darling sweet child, while I really can not thank you enough for highlighting the often overlooked fact that I can avail myself of the services of a retail establishment authorised in the resale of Rolex timepieces should I need to procure a Rolex timepiece. I fail to see how this assists me in my quest to procure a boxer plate as a Christmas gift for out guest.
    I feel that perhaps you are being particularly obtuse and perhaps even looking to monopolise the boxer plate market and while I’m sure it is a wonderful and beguiling area to dally in, I can assure you I have no wish to cross swords and enter into the world of trade.

So dear darling sweet boy let me ask again, W-H-E-R-E W-O-U-L-D O-N-E P-E-R-C-H-A-S-E S-A-I-D B-O-X-E-R P-L-A-T-E F-R-O-M?

Banned
    So what do you do to compensate, because even the Explorer looks oversized on your wrist? Do you have three square meals a day?

Oh my dear dear darling sweet child, while I really can not thank you enough for highlighting the often overlooked fact that I can avail myself of the services of a retail establishment authorised in the resale of Rolex timepieces should I need to procure a Rolex timepiece. I fail to see how this assists me in my quest to procure a boxer plate as a Christmas gift for out guest.
    I feel that perhaps you are being particularly obtuse and perhaps even looking to monopolise the boxer plate market and while I’m sure it is a wonderful and beguiling area to dally in, I can assure you I have no wish to cross swords and enter into the world of trade.

So dear darling sweet boy let me ask again, W-H-E-R-E W-O-U-L-D O-N-E P-E-R-C-H-A-S-E S-A-I-D B-O-X-E-R P-L-A-T-E F-R-O-M?
    I literally cannot understand most of what you say, you perverted old man. Take some English lessons.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossmore10 View Post
    Also if it’s good enough for The Fed, it’s good enough for me....
    Erm, you do realise that he's a Rolex Ambassador and that he not only gets his Rolex watches for free, they actually pay him to wear and display them!

In any event, Fedderer is a cheapskate when compared to Rafa Nadal who's paid by Richard Mille to wear his watches https://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/25/tenn...lle-watch.html

But why, other than for being paid to advertise, would anyone wear a wristwatch when playing tennis? But hey, it must work because people fall for it, if it's good enough for the Fed................!

p.s. That RM watch is just fugly.
    Best Regards - Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    If you don't regard 42mm as a cross to bear, the size isn't objectively problematic.

I have always been particularly admiring of how the 24 hours wheel has been done, the bevelled sides seem especially attractive on the less dark dials, eg

This actually looks like my cat was sick all over the dial and they just punctuated it with some gold.

Quote Originally Posted by rincewind View Post
    I seem to remember it first being offered at @£14k. It used to pop up on SC when the GBP - $AU exchange rate was favourable. Did he actually sell it in then end then?
    I believe he did sell it, though not on here. Sadly, all the pics of it seem to have been removed from his postings.
    Best Regards - Peter

Master
    I literally cannot understand most of what you say, you perverted old man. Take some English lessons.
    Dear child, at the risk of overstepping the mark, I might suggest that as you obviously struggle with the English language, at least in it’s written form, that perhaps some kind of rudimentary English lessons might be in order, you might find this significantly increases your ability to successfully comprehend the language you have selected to attempt to communicate with us, though I fear that this maybe a lost cause and we will barely understand a bally word.

Also don’t trouble yourself about the boxer plate, I shall seek one elsewhere.

Master
    I apologize to the OP of this thread:
    http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...=forum+changed

This place has most definitely changed. There's now a small subset of aggressively stupid people who seem to know very little about watches. Holding a negative opinion is fine, I think this watch is pretty bad, but these people are something else entirely.

Dear child, at the risk of overstepping the mark, I might suggest that as you obviously struggle with the English language, at least in it’s written form, that perhaps some kind of rudimentary English lessons might be in order, you might find this significantly increases your ability to successfully comprehend the language you have selected to attempt to communicate with us, though I fear that this maybe a lost cause and we will barely understand a bally word.

Also don’t trouble yourself about the boxer plate, I shall seek one elsewhere.
    Deer creepy old man, please leave me alone.

Craftsman
    Erm, you do realise that he's a Rolex Ambassador and that he not only gets his Rolex watches for free, they actually pay him to wear and display them!

In any event, Fedderer is a cheapskate when compared to Rafa Nadal who's paid by Richard Mille to wear his watches https://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/25/tenn...lle-watch.html

But why, other than for being paid to advertise, would anyone wear a wristwatch when playing tennis? But hey, it must work because people fall for it, if it's good enough for the Fed................!

p.s. That RM watch is just fugly.
    Well obviously I was aware of that!

The same way Beckham is ‘choosing’ to wear a Tudor....

The Fed makes the blue face skydweller look good though, with the same effortless cool that he shows on the court!

Quote Originally Posted by Rossmore10 View Post
    Well obviously I was aware of that!

The same way Beckham is ‘choosing’ to wear a Tudor....

The Fed makes the blue face skydweller look good though, with the same effortless cool that he shows on the court!
    Sadly though, an awful lot of people aren't. They somehow feel that they have to associate themselves with the rich and famous and such advertising clearly works.
    Best Regards - Peter

Master
    Deer creepy old man, please leave me alone.
    Sorry dear dear Jackie, could you possibly be a good chap and repeat that in the queens?

Quote Originally Posted by sarky View Post
    So what do you do to compensate, because even the Explorer looks oversized on your wrist? Do you have three square meals a day?
    In the photo you refer to, you can see more of the Explorer's end links and bracelet, hence a much better fit. And yes I've been eating a lot since then, thanks for your concern. I was very ill for a while and I've since put on two stone in weight 'to compensate' now I am well again.

Sorry dear dear Jackie, could you possibly be a good chap and repeat that in the queens?
    Sounds like you're a queen.

Master
    Just watched a skydweller how it works on YouTube. I like it more now

Craftsman
    Sadly though, an awful lot of people aren't. They somehow feel that they have to associate themselves with the rich and famous and such advertising clearly works.
    This is true! Although much different to other brand advertising though - I’d bet that Mo Farah doesn’t live on Quorn either!!

Master
    Sounds like you're a queen.
    Why my lovely chap what leads you to believe I’m a member of a popular beat combo?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
    It's hard to judge. It looks enormous in that picture, but it's probably a lot more reasonable in person.

It's a big watch though.
    Watches look much bigger in wrist shots than perspective shots. Also they are not sized correctly so don’t sit in a natural position. I am happy wearing an SD43 and I am sure I will be delighted to pick up one of these next month.

But agree it is a monster!

Master
    ^^^ I think that's probably the best of the bunch.

Craftsman
    I do really like these.

Have about as much hope as a working chocolate fire guard or ‘jack’ being older than 18 of affording one.

Watched the video on the movement design and operation and I’m impressed, doubly so considering the frequency Rolex do new movements.

(Not that that’s necessarily a bad thing)

Also anything under 42mm looks like a teenage girls toy watch on my wrist, so the size is great.

It's 42mm. Not huge at all.
    Lots of Troll content on this thread. Shame.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
    It's 42mm. Not huge at all.
    Lots of Troll content on this thread. Shame.

It's a dressy looking watch that's substantially larger than a speedmaster pro. It's a big chunky watch.

I've never seen a wrist shot where it looks anytimgn but oversized. That only happens with large watches.

Quote Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
    I've never seen a wrist shot where it looks anything but oversized.
    One quick raid of Instagram later:

I'm not disputing your right to find these shots Not To Your Taste (and certainly most the clothes aren't to mine) but there's nothing abnormal here: 42mm is part of the landscape. I wear a 42mm watch on my 6⅝" wrist most days, one with a larger dial than the Skydweller has. The other three watches that get most the rest of my wristtime are 37mm, 34mm and 30mm. 42mm is part of a normal range for a meaningful proportion of the community of watchlovers, and there's nothing deficient in them for enjoying them.

Master
    I have a sneaking suspicion that the check green jacket belongs to Alan Partridge.

Get off the Piccadilly Line at the wrong station and every third bloke's wearing one, with red trousers and thinning hair