closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 18 of 139 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Belligero View Post
    Use whatever jargon you like; it’s still just gambling.
    If you have had your money in a bank you have been Gambling for years!
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by Belligero View Post
    Use whatever jargon you like; it’s still just gambling.
    There are many forms of gambling some are luck some are based on probable outcomes odds and form some involve 2 chickens.

As for many company stocks unless you are on the inside ‘ahead of the knowledge’ anything can happen ask a Neil Woodford so stocks can be a gamble.

Cryptos is a new form of money and whilst it’s a bit speculative it does need a degree of knowledge to make investment decisions but I accept the risks are high but so are the rewards.

Some cryptos will become the future others will fade away for me it’s long term but I disagree it’s gambling.

Always reminds me of the scene from Indiana Jones — picking the Chalice - choose wisely my son.

And for me it’s Bitcoin Cash - let’s hope my ‘gamble’ pays off 🤑😉

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    What you buy?
    ETH after much reasearch.

I’m a computer nerd and like the fact it has real world applications in a distributed form, it is a programable blockchain so much more versatile than just a currency alternative eg bitcoin.

Lets see...

Why bitcoin cash rather than ETH or LTC?

Just curious.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Why bitcoin cash rather than ETH or LTC?

Just curious.
    That’s like saying why did you bet red over black.

Go with what feels right to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RIAC

i have most in BCH

some in ETH which Is a great platform with many possibilities

and a smattering of

EOS & OX(ZRX)

I see Bitcoin itself is more of an investment now rather than an actual currency as its fairly flawed for transaction speed and costs hence my move to BCH

will be interesting this year to see if there is a switcheroo between BTC & BCH

on the horizon WANCOIN yes seriously.

My small dabbles are in ETH and LTC.

I didn’t go with BTC because I think that’s closer to maturity and others will possibly catch up.

Pretty new to this but I've spread a few quid about. Half is on BTC/ETH and the the rest on Syscoin, ETC, VEN & XRP.
    ETC is due an airdrop early March so worth keeping hold of and Syscoin is looking promising with the Blockmarket Desktop and recent investment.
    Like I say, I'm a complete novice but do enjoy the research.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I love all the b’lox commentary of resistance, points, barriers etc. All complete nonsense when it comes to this market.
    Complete nonsense - what's you're thinking?

Didn't do me any harm 6 days ago when I bought LTC at $161. I'll be taking partial profits at $300 before a possible bounce off resistance and letting the rest ride. My target is $400.

I'm far from a pro but IMO it's important to have some sort of strategy and be able to implement it else you're relying on emotion only.

Craftsman
    I'm new to it this week - but I'm finding it hard to just leave it alone!

I started by thinking I would buy only ETH and stick with...3 days laters I have it randomly spread over 10 coins (I'm bored at work)

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jimyu View Post
    I'm new to it this week - but I'm finding it hard to just leave it alone!

I started by thinking I would buy only ETH and stick with...3 days laters I have it randomly spread over 10 coins (I'm bored at work)
    Spreading works but you’ll find Bitcoin goes up they all do and vice versa. So many new coins out all promising big things. Personally I think the ships sailed for new coins and taking your pick from any top 10 or 20 crypto will do you well. The ones in the top 5 probably the most stable and steady (read slightly slower returns) and the rest potential to go to the moon or to the toilet

RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by relaxer7 View Post
    Complete nonsense - what's you're thinking?

Didn't do me any harm 6 days ago when I bought LTC at $161. I'll be taking partial profits at $300 before a possible bounce off resistance and letting the rest ride. My target is $400.

I'm far from a pro but IMO it's important to have some sort of strategy and be able to implement it else you're relying on emotion only.
    My thinking is that your strategy is exactly that. Whether a coin pushes through a barrier or whatever only makes it then subject to other people's strategies. If more people have decided to sell off at say 10k then the price will drop once it hits 10k. Whereas if more people are holding out for 11k then it's likely the price will continue to rise.

Trying to align certain barrier and ceiling terms or whatever that have been used for tech and blue chips stocks just isn't meaningful with crypto. I ran a dealing desk for years, and have never seen anything like this l before, so I'll just see what happens without conflicting experts trying to tell me what would happen once a certain price point has been reached - they are all playing with their hands in their pants with their crystal balls.
    Last edited by Omegamanic; 16th February 2018 at 16:47.

Craftsman
    "I ran a dealing desk for years"

"playing with their hands in their pants with their crystal balls."

There, ladies and gentlemen, speaks the voice of experience :-)

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hewjardon View Post

Perhaps the way it was always done isn’t the way it has to be done!

RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by Hewjardon View Post

:)

Maybe I’m missing your point? I wouldn’t be making the claims of some of the experts with their crystal balls.

But then... Im not selling anything. I’m actually trying to say don’t listen to either of the positive or negative professionals - because they won’t be covering your losses or paying for your potential gains.

The points I’m making above are that I never experienced the likes of the crypto market in the years that I’ve been working in financial markets; and that for some experts and news feeds to suggest that they can dictate how the market is going to move based on support and resistance interpretations from other more established markets just seems ludicrous to me.

I might be more worthwhile following relevant forums of group buyers/investors and following their chatter. See if that correlates more closely to the actual price rises and falls, and at the end of the day make up your own mind - as it’s your cash on the line.

As I’ve stated previously on this thread I’m holding for the mid term, so day trading and short term volatility level are not as relevant for my personal strategy - and I’m happy that I’m not risking anything that would be detrimental to my family’s financial security.
    Last edited by Omegamanic; 17th February 2018 at 18:29.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    I've used Coinbase for the past few months to buy Bitcoin and Ethereum. What do others here use to purchase some other newer crypto currency as Coinbase seems limited to what you can buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Skool View Post
    I've used Coinbase for the past few months to buy Bitcoin and Ethereum. What do others here use to purchase some other newer crypto currency as Coinbase seems limited to what you can buy?
    Ive been using Binance with no problems so far.
    Send from Coinbase to Gdax then to Binance.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Skool View Post
    Coinbase is expensive, use gdax instead. Same company so same login / pass

Send your funds to Coinbase, transfer them to gdax and trade there.

As above, Binance is good too

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    :)

Maybe I’m missing your point? I wouldn’t be making the claims of some of the experts with their crystal balls.

But then... Im not selling anything. I’m actually trying to say don’t listen to either of the positive or negative professionals - because they won’t be covering your losses or paying for your potential gains.

The points I’m making above are that I never experienced the likes of the crypto market in the years that I’ve been working in financial markets; and that for some experts and news feeds to suggest that they can dictate how the market is going to move based on support and resistance interpretations from other more established markets just seems ludicrous to me.

I might be more worthwhile following relevant forums of group buyers/investors and following their chatter. See if that correlates more closely to the actual price rises and falls, and at the end of the day make up your own mind - as it’s your cash on the line.

As I’ve stated previously on this thread I’m holding for the mid term, so day trading and short term volatility level are not as relevant for my personal strategy - and I’m happy that I’m not risking anything that would be detrimental to my family’s financial security.
    Your observations seem entirely legitimate to me.

Craftsman
    Kraken have improved significantly. They have direct access to more coins and also take fiat (I top up with Euros through Revolut)

I've started using Bitstamp because I can get Ripple on it. I find it very good even though I don't understand some of their graphs.

Master
    Solidi is a good site for buying Bitcoin, I then transfer it to Binance or Bitfinex as Bitcoin (rather than USD/EUR)

Much cheaper than Coinbases excessive fees.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post
    Solidi is a good site for buying Bitcoin, I then transfer it to Binance or Bitfinex as Bitcoin (rather than USD/EUR)

Much cheaper than Coinbases excessive fees.
    Seems like its got a very small supply of bitcoins (and no buyers currently!)

Master
    Yep very small supply, but who cares. Sometimes they have none available. But if they do, it's generally cheaper and easier than Coinbase

Bitcoin

Does anyone know about a program called “profit trailers” trading bot?

Last edited by scucivolo; 19th February 2018 at 19:54.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post
    Yep very small supply, but who cares. Sometimes they have none available. But if they do, it's generally cheaper and easier than Coinbase
    Bittylicious offers a similar service, with much greater volume and (today at least) cheaper prices.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tertius View Post
    Bittylicious offers a similar service
    Was I the only one to think of Little Britain

RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by tertius View Post
    Bittylicious offers a similar service, with much greater volume and (today at least) cheaper prices.
    I used these to purchase Syscoin and found them to be quite expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by davida View Post
    I used these to purchase Syscoin and found them to be quite expensive.
    It is a service that matches buyers and sellers so the price will definitely vary. No idea what the liquidity of Syscoin is like but it’s likely to be rather low compared with Bitcoin so I would not be surprised if the price were on the high side.

But when I looked today at the prices on Solidi and Bittylicious for BTC, Bittylicious was cheaper. Neither will be as “cheap” as a normal exchange, but you do have the advantage there are no additional fees to pay - no exchange fees, no transaction fees, no costs to deposit fiat, etc.

Craftsman
    I'm sure they'd have some sort of fees for providing this service?

Quote Originally Posted by Allwatches View Post
    I'm sure they'd have some sort of fees for providing this service?
    They do, but it is built into the price you pay - a buyer pays more than the seller gets; but there are no “additional” fees for the buyer to consider. What you see is what you get.

Craftsman
    So are there any views on ETH/BTC trading pair. ETH has not really moved and feels like it is getting oversold. I have BTC on the sidelines ready to switch in.

Quote Originally Posted by mangoosian View Post
    So are there any views on ETH/BTC trading pair. ETH has not really moved and feels like it is getting oversold. I have BTC on the sidelines ready to switch in.

Agree. My money is in ETH and I’ve sat there going nowhere watching BTC pump. Reluctant to switch into BTC because I guarantee the moment I do so, ETH rises and BTC drops.

It’s LTC that seems to be going best at the moment (of the four on Coinbase).
    I haven’t a clue why!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Agree. My money is in ETH and I’ve sat there going nowhere watching BTC pump. Reluctant to switch into BTC because I guarantee the moment I do so, ETH rises and BTC drops.
    Waiting for it to turn up and will switch some in if it reverses. If not, will start dripping into ETH from BTC from 0.07 (currently 0.078) if it continues dropping.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    It’s LTC that seems to be going best at the moment (of the four on Coinbase).
    I haven’t a clue why!
    Lots of info as to why: litepay being launched, LCc probably contributed and Lee’s tweet announcing a “huge unexpected surprise” amongst other things, but LTC is largely predicted (I know) to do very well in 2018.

Craftsman
    I think litecoin cash has been launched.. any idea whether those who have litecoin on poloniex will have claim to litecoin cash?

Craftsman
    I'm officially running at a loss right now

:

Banned
    Damn you bitcoin , money halved in the last month

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    It will pick up again within a month. Then everyone will be buying it again.

Quote Originally Posted by charlies View Post
    Damn you bitcoin , money halved in the last month

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    ? You bought at $21,000?

Craftsman
    Not been a great month...

Quote Originally Posted by Allwatches View Post
    Not been a great month...
    For sellers or buyers ?

Apprentice
    Good evening folks, I've just been catching up on the past few hundred posts and enjoying the chat. Can I ask how much of your total net worth you guys are playing with at this, is it more than 1%? And if you're out there with more than £10k, could you not do it the old fashioned way, a 20%IRR on £10k, compounded over 25 years, is £1m? It's not sexy or exciting, but I'm sure the Grandkids would thank you for it.

Quote Originally Posted by stubo View Post
    Can I ask how much of your total net worth you guys are playing with at this, is it more than 1%?
    0%. I’m not brave enough. Same as I wouldn’t trust myself to pick individual shares.

I do enjoy following the hysteria though.

Sorry? 20% year on year on an initial 10k for 25 years?

If anyone could do/guarantee that then...

I think have around 50% net worth currently invested, no wait 20%, now 35%. Damn it, I can’t keep up this month.

Bitcoin

I’d be surprised if anyone here was stupid enough to have more than 1% of their net worth in crypto; I certainly have nowhere near that. Just a bit of pocket money really.

Also, if you could point me in the direction of a safe investment that will return 20% pa for the next 25 years then I’d gladly put £10k in it as soon as the markets open in the morning.

I’m stupid enough to have more than 1% of my net worth in crypto

Apprentice
    Ha. Thanks for the honest replies. Guys, I can't do that. I've just joined and need to get my post count up to reach the sales corner of the watch forum so not looking to get blacklisted!

Please don't take this the wrong way but you can get a phenomenal education on Amazon reading second hand business books for a few pound a pop. Literally a library full for a hundred quid. It might be a better investment than Crypto. But if not, and it all goes pear shaped, then you'll have learned a lot. There's a great Podcast from Tim Ferris on how to turn failure into success - https://tim.blog/2017/07/26/how-to-t...-into-success/. Might be one to keep bookmarked :-)

Best of luck, but please don't get carried away.