closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 10 of 139 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Nice and demonstrates your point perfectly!

Buying BTC and LTC, ETH still too high to make it worth my while to top up (my holdings were bought when it was much lower). Volatility in XRP and IOT too high for me to do other than hold what I’ve got

Quote Originally Posted by GregR View Post
    Buying BTC and LTC, ETH still too high to make it worth my while to top up (my holdings were bought when it was much lower). Volatility in XRP and IOT too high for me to do other than hold what I’ve got
    HODL!!!!!

Craftsman
    I quite like Neo and Factom, anyone have any views on cardano and spin offs like bcash and ethereum classic?

Master
    Neo will easily do a x5 this year and ETH Classic is also undervalued at this point - some interesting things on their roadmap are due too. I've just increased my NEO position in the current 'sales'

Grand Master
    Buying in the dip is gonna be amazing for all the bankers who coincidently started getting bonuses 2 days ago till the end of the month! Happens every year. HOdL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RIAC

anyone having problems sending money fro revoult to coinbase? I am trying to send a small amount to test it is working but keep getting an error saying "Beneficiary is not allowed" any ideas

***sorted it, if anyone else has this problem you need to set a eur account in the profile section***
    Last edited by NikGixer750; 17th January 2018 at 14:52.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    anyone having problems sending money fro revoult to coinbase? I am trying to send a small amount to test it is working but keep getting an error saying "Beneficiary is not allowed" any ideas

***sorted it, if anyone else has this problem you need to set a eur account in the profile section***
    Profile section of Revolut or Profile section of Coinbase?

Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post
    Profile section of Revolut or Profile section of Coinbase?
    in revolut go:

more -- profile -- account details - then select EUR - then click on it and activate it

Master
    Buying in the dip is gonna be amazing for all the bankers who coincidently started getting bonuses 2 days ago till the end of the month! Happens every year. HOdL

Exactly. No cash left for me to buy in the sales now.

Was thinking of putting more in but need new tyres now.... bugger.

Bought another 3 ETH today when it went down to £580. Fundamentals are still there and I believe in the tech. Still higher than on 1st Jan.

Hodl On, hodl on

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Bought another 3 ETH today when it went down to £580. Fundamentals are still there and I believe in the tech. Still higher than on 1st Jan.

Hodl On, hodl on
    I shovelled it in at sub £600.

RIAC

Master
    Interesting article from the Guardian which states that the CO2 emissions from mining Bitcoin is equivalent to 1m transatlantic flights. Amazing really when you think about it.

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...cryptocurrency

Quote Originally Posted by benny.c View Post
    Interesting article from the Guardian which states that the CO2 emissions from mining Bitcoin is equivalent to 1m transatlantic flights. Amazing really when you think about it.

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...cryptocurrency
    That is interesting, thanks for posting.

Bitcoins energy usage more than the Republic of Ireland?

Shocking really in these times of trying to cut back on wasting energy.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Fundamentals are still there
    ??

Grand Master
    Buy in the dips and play the long game

RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by Bobafett View Post
    ??
    The functionality and scalability of the Ethereum Blockchain digital ecosystem as a way of executing smart contracts and changing the way business is done.

Except trading what other business is done with ETH?

@antoniswatches

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by antonios.chronop View Post

@antoniswatches
    The execution of smart contracts...various enterprise initiatives can be deployed on the Ethereal platform as well.

Quote Originally Posted by antonios.chronop View Post

@antoniswatches
    The platform is also used by many businesses to execute complex transactions instantly and simultaneously as part of a smart contract. That's what the Ethereum platform does. Ether is the currency that pays for this to happen.

Given the fact that what this platform does could be as revolutionary for global trading as the internet is for information sharing then the chances of upside are humongous. Of course there is risk and anyone selling the farm to try and cash in on short term market gains is a moron however assuming that what Ethereum does is adopted more and more (and I am pretty sure it will be) the the demand for Ether will increase. Ether could go up a thousand times or could be worth nothing.

Shout out to Neo and Dent coins as well for what the potential is. I hear good things about the Request and po.et networks too

The platform is also used by many businesses to execute complex transactions instantly and simultaneously as part of a smart contract. That's what the Ethereum platform does. Ether is the currency that pays for this to happen.
    Any idea who any of these 'many businesses' are?

One example would be Kodak who are launching a blockchain currency based on the Ethereum platform to safeguard photographers royalties.

Makes sense

@antoniswatches

Craftsman
    Had powder dry in other investments so cashed in and swapped for a mix of BTC, ETH and XRP.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

The functionality and scalability of the Ethereum Blockchain digital ecosystem as a way of executing smart contracts and changing the way business is done.
    Hmm I think scalability is one thing Ethereum doesn’t have. It’s certainly not alone in this, but it’s modus operandi as a platform for other activities makes it peculiarly susceptible to scaling issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    That is interesting, thanks for posting.

Bitcoins energy usage more than the Republic of Ireland?

Shocking really in these times of trying to cut back on wasting energy.
    terrible really when the end product is nothing.

I think maybe you 're confusing it with Bitcoin which is the platform with scalability issues due to the slower transaction speed? Ethereum is the scalable platform particularly once the Casper update is implemented

I think maybe you 're confusing it with Bitcoin which is the platform with scalability issues due to the slower transaction speed? Ethereum is the scalable platform particularly once the Casper update is implemented
    Spot on Ethereum very slick platform and adaptable

EOS will be interesting as it seeks to be an improvement on ETH

Grand Master
    I’ll admit I don’t fully understand the technology it supports but I do know enough people who do and know where they have invested and how much they are prepared to risk and it’s worth it.

Use the principle of ‘put in what you are prepared to lose’ but in a year to 18 months I think those who have the big balls will be very very grateful.
    Turning £2k into £20k is a very small return compared to what the future may bring.

RIAC

No I am not.

I don't dispute that Bitcoin has very serious scalability challenges, but, for example, see here for a discussion of why Ethereum may actually be less scalable than Bitcoin.

Where is does have an advantage, is being basically centrally controlled it can make protocol changes much more easily than Bitcoin.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Any idea who any of these 'many businesses' are?
    https://entethalliance.org/members/

Couldn’t tell you if every single one of these businesses use the platform but in general this Eth Alliance is a very good thing for adoption across large Corporates and eventually governments – smart contracts could lend themselves very well to taxation for example. On a side note, keep any eye on NEO this year – a Chinese fork of ETH which is compliant with all government regulation. I’d be very surprised if it doesn’t touch $500 this year.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by relaxer7 View Post
    https://entethalliance.org/members/

Couldn’t tell you if every single one of these businesses use the platform but in general this Eth Alliance is a very good thing for adoption across large Corporates and eventually governments – smart contracts could lend themselves very well to taxation for example. On a side note, keep any eye on NEO this year – a Chinese fork of ETH which is compliant with all government regulation. I’d be very surprised if it doesn’t touch $500 this year.
    Likewise I see Neo and Ripple gaining slightly stronger than any other altcoin.

RIAC

One example would be Kodak who are launching a blockchain currency based on the Ethereum platform to safeguard photographers royalties.

I wonder if Kodak was doing a dot com classic by adding some such Crypto-ness to their business model, which causes a huge short term boost to their share price. All those in the know can now pay off their mortgages overnight.
    Last edited by mr noble; 19th January 2018 at 13:40.

Had a check, and it does seem that’s exactly what they’ve been up too.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.tel...cy-launch/amp/

Anyone on the Kucoin exchange I would advise TEL (Telcoin) as a punt. Just got listed today, not even 1 cent yet and I can see this coin reaching the $5 level as the concept is genius. It is a punt of course but it's a potential good'un.

I stuck £70 into it and that got me 11 and a half thousand coins(!!!). If they became $5 each, then boom.

As an FYI for the curious, I only stuck £4k into my alt currency investments. I am waiting until the portfolio is valued at 2 x Tesla Model X, at which point I will buy 1 Tesla and keep the rest of the investment.

I reckon probably 8 months away from that goal. I started in Nov. So £4k to become £220k in 10 months. Obviously the alt coins and ICOS drive the larger gains but I still see Ethereum being up 4x by the end of the year from where it is now. Resistance comes from people who don't understand and wonder how it can be worth anything. Well how can a piece of paper with a picture of the queen be worth a tenner? It's because other people agree to accept it at a certain value, just like they used to accept sea shells 3000 years ago.

can you buy any crypto on coinbase? just getting it all set up but it only has 4 on the main page

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    can you buy any crypto on coinbase? just getting it all set up but it only has 4 on the main page
    Just 4 right now, rumours of Ripple being added next

Binance.com has a better selection

Don't buy on Coinbase BTW, buy on gdax.com for lower fees (same login details, same company)

Craftsman
    What are the fees on coinbase/gdax?

Poloniex is 0.25% or 0.15% depending on whether you are taking or making market respectively.

How substantiated is the rumour about ripple being listed on coinbase (would send it soaring even higher!)

Grand Master

Bitcoin

Mainstream recognition on coinbase helps. Around 2000hrs tonight I think ETH hard forks and free coins for all 🥃

RIAC

Master
    Mainstream recognition on coinbase helps. Around 2000hrs tonight I think ETH hard forks and free coins for all

Where do the new coins turn up at?

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by relaxer7 View Post
    Where do the new coins turn up at?
    No idea.

RIAC

Best have them in hardware wallets to benefit from the fork.

Grand Master
    So if it’s in coinbase ETH wallet?

RIAC

Depends whether they support new coin. Best move to h.ware before fork.

Master
    Anyone on the Kucoin exchange I would advise TEL (Telcoin) as a punt. Just got listed today, not even 1 cent yet and I can see this coin reaching the $5 level as the concept is genius. It is a punt of course but it's a potential good'un.

I stuck £70 into it and that got me 11 and a half thousand coins(!!!). If they became $5 each, then boom.
    Thanks for the tip - concept seems sound and worth investing in. Punt taken.

So if it’s in coinbase ETH wallet?

Its a bit unclear whether it is actually happening, however, in any event Coinbase don't have a good record in supporting forks so I wouldn't rely on them to.

Master
    Having it in a MEW wallet should be OK?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tertius View Post
    Its a bit unclear whether it is actually happening, however, in any event Coinbase don't have a good record in supporting forks so I wouldn't rely on them to.
    Coinbase will receive the new coins not you... I must buy a Nano!

Master
    Is the snapshot from 8pm tonight - as in, whatever ETH is in your wallet at that time?

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Is the snapshot from 8pm tonight - as in, whatever ETH is in your wallet at that time?
    The snapshot may have already been taken to avoid the last minute but in then sell out

RIAC