closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bitcoin

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt View Post
    ...but I'm not putting $350 into anywhere that will allow me to deposit money they know I can't use or withdraw. Fool me once.
    "Oh dear, dear. This isn't normal securities trading! Think you can assume your crypto exchange is basically competent and its systems well maintained? Think again. 'I know PHP – how hard could running an exchange be?' isn't the best starting point."

"You also can't assume a crypto exchange isn't going to mess you around. All manner of shenanigans that are completely illegal in proper security trading – bots painting the tape, wash trades, spoof orders, just front-running your customers – are completely normal in crypto. Your threat model is not just the other traders, it's literally the platform you are putting your money and coins into."

https://www.coindesk.com/2017-butt-bitcoins-joke/

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by petethegeek View Post
    "Oh dear, dear. This isn't normal securities trading! Think you can assume your crypto exchange is basically competent and its systems well maintained? Think again. 'I know PHP – how hard could running an exchange be?' isn't the best starting point."

"You also can't assume a crypto exchange isn't going to mess you around. All manner of shenanigans that are completely illegal in proper security trading – bots painting the tape, wash trades, spoof orders, just front-running your customers – are completely normal in crypto. Your threat model is not just the other traders, it's literally the platform you are putting your money and coins into."

https://www.coindesk.com/2017-butt-bitcoins-joke/
    True, but what can you do?