closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 139 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139
Results 6,901 to 6,926 of 6926

Thread: Bitcoin

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Amazing, so if BTC returns to its Dec 22 level they will be $3.5B down …
    Updated with further purchases.

SEC Form 8-K submission March 19, 2024
    As previously disclosed, on March 18, 2024, MicroStrategy Incorporated (“MicroStrategy”) completed a private offering of convertible senior notes (the “Offering”). The Offering, which included a 0.875% coupon and an approximately 40% conversion premium over the U.S. composite volume weighted average price of MicroStrategy’s class A common stock from 9:30 a.m. through 4:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time on March 14, 2024, was well received in the marketplace and upsized to a total of $603.75 million in aggregate principal amount. This amount included the exercise by the initial purchasers of their option to purchase $78.75 million of additional notes. Net proceeds from the Offering to MicroStrategy totaled approximately $592.3 million.

On March 19, 2024, MicroStrategy announced that, during the period between March 11, 2024 and March 18, 2024, MicroStrategy acquired approximately 9,245 bitcoins for approximately $623.0 million in cash, using $592.3 million of proceeds from the Offering and $30.7 million of Excess Cash (defined in our annual report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2023), at an average price of approximately $67,382 per bitcoin, inclusive of fees and expenses.

As of March 18, 2024, MicroStrategy, together with its subsidiaries, held an aggregate of approximately 214,246 bitcoins, which were acquired at an aggregate purchase price of approximately $7.53 billion and an average purchase price of approximately $35,160 per bitcoin, inclusive of fees and expenses.

Yes, that absolutely astounded me…bitcoin enabling £2bn money laundering resting in the pocket of an ex-takeaway shop worker. Insane.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by uwtc View Post
    Looking at the chart the obvious resistance is $80k. From a technical standpoint there is no reason to sell until then, it's at all time highs and finding its next level.
    I wish you were right! 80k is a good price at the current mini bull run.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Owren View Post
    I wish you were right! 80k is a good price at the current mini bull run.
    If you survived Tuesday's flush I'd still be inclined to hold above $60K. Sell below.

This is the best line of all. 😂

“The value of the Bitcoin was worth around £2bn at the time of initial estimates - but due to the fluctuation in the currency's value, it has since increased to around £3.4bn.“

The irony is that criminals really don’t use Bitcoin very much for this kind of money laundering when compared to the use of cash, diamonds, gold bars, “Swiss” bank accounts etc. All the transactions are easy to see on the blockchain, so it’s difficult to hide them.

Hamas and Hezbollah famously asked their supporters to NOT send them cryptocurrencies for this reason.

The media loves to tell everyone that Bitcoin is used for illicit activities, when it actually accounts for a small fraction of all money movements in the illicit activity sphere.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    The irony is that criminals really don’t use Bitcoin very much for this kind of money laundering when compared to the use of cash, diamonds, gold bars, “Swiss” bank accounts etc. All the transactions are easy to see on the blockchain, so it’s difficult to hide them.

Hamas and Hezbollah famously asked their supporters to NOT send them cryptocurrencies for this reason.

The media loves to tell everyone that Bitcoin is used for illicit activities, when it actually accounts for a small fraction of all money movements in the illicit activity sphere.
    Wasn't anonymity and non government interference part of the selling point of cryptocurrency or have things moved on since then ?

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Yes, that absolutely astounded me…bitcoin enabling £2bn money laundering resting in the pocket of an ex-takeaway shop worker. Insane.
    To be fair that was the part of the report that surprised me most.

Quote Originally Posted by Taxboy View Post
    Wasn't anonymity and non government interference part of the selling point of cryptocurrency or have things moved on since then ?

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk
    It’s still relatively anonymous, but you have to use the blockchain which is entirely public. If people know your crypto address then anyone can see all of your transactions. And because the entire blockchain and every single transaction that’s ever happened since 2009 is there for the world to see, and will be for all eternity, it’s hard to remain totally anonymous forever.

For example, the Bitcoin addresses of governments and wealthy individuals are known and catalogued, so they can now, never hide. If they mover their Bitcoin to another address, everyone can see where it went.

That’s just one of the many beautiful aspects of the Bitcoin network.

Bitcoin could underpin a perfect utopian society.

This made me chuckle.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    Bitcoin could underpin a perfect utopian society.
    Then its primary function would need to change from a speculative investment to something with more utility.

Hmmmmm

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

I thought this bitcoin halving was meant to usher in a quick price rise?
    Pah!
    Still, it will pay for my new fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Fender View Post
    I thought this bitcoin halving was meant to usher in a quick price rise?
    It never has before. Typically the post-halving high has been several (or even many) months later.

Master
    If you survived Tuesday's flush I'd still be inclined to hold above $60K. Sell below.
    A month on and the chart has obediently observed this. If only I could call them all like this.

Master
    I bought a little more at 62k last week

Looked at Sol and Xrp which had taken a hammering, but decided against them in the end up

Master
    Then its primary function would need to change from a speculative investment to something with more utility.
    Don’t get too hung up on utility. This is a new thing, not easily pigeon holed into “commodity” “asset” “utility” “money”

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Don’t get too hung up on utility. This is a new thing, not easily pigeon holed into “commodity” “asset” “utility” “money”
    If it can't be defined then my original point stands that its value is attributable to speculation only.

Quote Originally Posted by tertius View Post
    It never has before. Typically the post-halving high has been several (or even many) months later.
    I had no idea the price had peaked in March otherwise I would have sold. Anyway, all’s well that ends well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fender View Post
    I had no idea the price had peaked in March otherwise I would have sold. Anyway, all’s well that ends well.
    Yes, always sell at the peak.

Master
    If it can't be defined then my original point stands that its value is attributable to speculation only.
    Its value isn’t dependant on your ability to define what it is. You also underestimate what others perceive it to be (I’m not saying I’m in complete agreement, but the point remains and I “get it”)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Sage advice

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Much like Piet Hein's guidance to timing toast:

"There's an art of knowing when.
    Never try to guess.
    Toast until it smokes and then
    twenty seconds less."
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Master
    Is your idea of 'getting it' someone who buys and accumulates for years through all the turblulence because of some notion of function it serves in the world and in the future?

I would argue the people who really 'get it' are those who simply trade the volatility it offers and don't look beyond that. It's correlations with other markets point to this being its main use.

Master
    I would argue your two scenarios can happily co-exist