closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 36 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,800 of 6926

Thread: Bitcoin

Well, maybe I should really have bought at 16,500 when I told everybody to do so.

Master
    Next stop ~22.4k if you believe the experts

I still maintain anyone with a few spare quid in the bank (making 0.00005% interest) really should have a small amount of Bitcoin tucked away.

What is clearly different this time though is that Bitcoin is leaving the pack behind, in the bull run of 2017 Ethereum got approx $1500, still a huge way off. Bitcoin needs to cool off to let the other majors catch up.

To think BTC got down to $4k in march..

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Next stop ~22.4k if you believe the experts

I still maintain anyone with a few spare quid in the bank (making 0.00005% interest) really should have a small amount of Bitcoin tucked away.
    Peaked at $22,394 overnight ... pretty impressive prediction ... ;) ... though it doesn’t really look as though it has stopped yet

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tertius View Post
    Peaked at $22,394 overnight ... pretty impressive prediction ... ;) ... though it doesn’t really look as though it has stopped yet
    Not my prediction I should point out.

IIRC, 22.4k was meant to trigger a drop to 18-19k, then a further rise to 33k

It's not really dropping though, as you say.

Master
    23.5k now

New high above $24,000 - will we see $25k this year?

Craftsman
    Corporate money is now coming in. Retail demand has not driven this rise. Much more to go next year.

https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...05-y&q=Bitcoin

Grt went up nearly 72% over night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still looking for something special to give the bitcoinista in your life for Xmas? How about a 'Leela Quantum T-Shirt – Bitcoin Edition'?

'Protects against 99% of measurable 3G, 4G, 5G, and other high-frequency radiation emitted by cell phones, Wi-Fi and WLAN' and is 'Refined with quantum energy', only $129.00. Payment options include Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Monero & Ripple.

I wait until one pops up in Sales Corner. Size XXXL.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    Is anyone else having an issue with verification of identity with Coinbase? I happened to log on to my account today and it says the date of birth on my document doesn’t match their records. I checked on my profile and it does match.
    Even uploaded it again and it still doesn’t like it.
    Anyone else experienced this? I have contacted them as the system is clearly wrong.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Is anyone else having an issue with verification of identity with Coinbase? I happened to log on to my account today and it says the date of birth on my document doesn’t match their records. I checked on my profile and it does match.
    Anyone else experienced this? I have contacted them as the system is clearly wrong.
    Heard of a few problems with Coinbase over the past few weeks. Influx of new registrations I’m guessing. Are you trying to spend FIAT? If not, Binance is better for trading imo but you can’t get fiat in easily.

Craftsman
    Took ages for me to get the KYC done with Coinbase and I was submitting many different utility bills, etc due to them rejecting for no reason. Coinbase are pretty incompetent.

Binance now has an onramp for GBP but limited daily to £450 unless you go to next verification level.

Kraken is the other with a GBP onramp, so take a look there too.

Master
    Binance has been a pain for me, so signed up with coinbase too. Both verified fine with my driving licence but bank transfers has been tricky given I have a joint bank account.

Using credit card means 2% charge is only option for me but can buy crypto easily.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

Master
    Thanks. Seems like I’m not the only one then.

Binance verification didn’t work either but after emailing support it was all fine quite quickly.

Have always used Coinbase previously to get fiat into the system but might just use Binance now.

Craftsman
    For GBP or Euro on ramps to exchanges using bank transfers:

Monzo -> Kraken
    Barclays -> Binance (from joint bank account)

Coinbase never worked with bank transfers so always loaded with card, but prefer the others due to no fees.

Revolut used to work to Kraken, but blocked now. Not sure if that is due to them prefering you to hold Crypto through their offering.

Master
    I have an actual Euro account in Ireland so sending to Coinbase has always been easy enough.

Hopefully no one heavily exposed to XRP:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/23/cryp...st-ripple.html
    Ripple now down over 60% this week. A billion Dollar fraud.

If they win the case though, or move outside the US it could spring?

What’s the question about timing?

Quote Originally Posted by neppip View Post

When in trouble, double.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by neppip View Post

Many exchanges delisting XRP just in case it is ajudged to be a security.

Many in the crypto community joyous that Ripple is being brought to account, but there will be many holders being burnt by this.

Master
    Seen this posted on Twitter if anyone hasn’t the foggiest what Bitcoin is.

https://youtu.be/-9L4yLPBqDI

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    When in trouble, double.
    👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Master
    My comment about verification via Binance was premature! When I logged in again, I had the same issue as before so seems like nothing was actually done!
    Maybe a blessing in disguise.

Craftsman
    Seen this posted on Twitter if anyone hasn’t the foggiest what Bitcoin is.

https://youtu.be/-9L4yLPBqDI
    I lasted less than a minute with that grating voice she has that always has me reaching for the mute button whenever I'm watching American TV.

Master
    My comment about verification via Binance was premature! When I logged in again, I had the same issue as before so seems like nothing was actually done!
    Maybe a blessing in disguise.
    Binance are offering zero fee (usually 2%, and 4% for Coinbase) today until 27th with credit cards if that helps. I still haven't managed to get my bank account verified, but this is probably a safer way to on ramp to crypto atm.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by broxie View Post
    I lasted less than a minute with that grating voice she has that always has me reaching for the mute button whenever I'm watching American TV.
    Agreed. But the message was an interesting perspective.

Master
    New high above $24,000 - will we see $25k this year?
    Yes ;-)

I’m thinking 27k by year end

Anyone up for 2021 price predictions?? I say a high of $75K..

Master
    ^^ I have a wager in play with Raffe for over 50k by year end. I think anywhere from 30-100 is possible. The “experts” Are saying 70-80 by Dec 21

Pah, wimps.

The folks at Deribit apparently think betting on a $100,000 bitcoin (BTC) price is so earlier-this-month because on Friday, mere hours before the leading cryptocurrency hit $25,000 for the first time, the crypto derivatives exchange announced contracts on $120,000 BTC with $140,000 added on Saturday morning.
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/derib...152523907.html

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by petethegeek View Post
    S2fx has a 288k target, but that could be 2022 rather than 2021

Stacking Sats on Deribit. The move up has been quick on low volume so I would not be surprised to see a retrace.

Master
    Yes ;-)

I’m thinking 27k by year end
    I’m a few days early :-)

If I have learned one thing in my 30+ years in financial markets, it is that if and when every 'expert' on the planet agrees that something can only go up, you are best advised to sell.

Not saying that 2021 won't be a good year for Bitcoin, but a straight line to the moon it ain't.

If I have learned one thing in my 30+ years in financial markets, it is that if and when every 'expert' on the planet agrees that something can only go up, you are best advised to sell.

Not saying that 2021 won't be a good year for Bitcoin, but a straight line to the moon it ain't.

I'm invested in BTC via the Microstrategy fund however when you get all and sundry tell you to 'pile in' it is usually a bad sign.

I'm still not sure on what the actual point is of BTC or why a central Government couldn't effectively just kill it off by coming up with their own non-FIAT currency instead? Because a lot of the benefits of BTC including privacy are exactly the kinds of benefits central governments don't want you to have

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I'm invested in BTC via the Microstrategy fund however when you get all and sundry tell you to 'pile in' it is usually a bad sign.

I'm still not sure on what the actual point is of BTC or why a central Government couldn't effectively just kill it off by coming up with their own non-FIAT currency instead? Because a lot of the benefits of BTC including privacy are exactly the kinds of benefits central governments don't want you to have
    Why do you describe Bitcoin as non-FIAT? It’s not backed by anything ...

Craftsman

Agree it won't be a straight line. It won't necessarily be up either. But as a hedge and diversification it makes sense to have a position.

Wise words, nobody is talking about silver and gold - i expect them to do well. Nothing like the gains in BTC this year but decent solid profits.

Craftsman

Current microstrategy market cap of $3b - Bitcoin value of that is around 60-65% at nearly $2b (70k BTC owned, but not factoring in the $650m bond issue). MSTR held in my ISA and my kids ISAs so Tuesday will be interesting.

The point of BTC over Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs) is the limited supply. CBDCs issuance will be at the whim of the Central banks.

Negatives for BTC still exist so tread cautiously and DYOR.

Craftsman
    Regarding mania phase, I keep an eye on this: https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...05-y&q=Bitcoin

We are nowhere close to mass mania phase. That will likely increase next year.

Aside: I was interested in the Nigeria numbers and interest in BTC: The Nigerian government blocked bank accounts for the protest movement, so they reverted to bitcoin; artificial exchange rates creaming off unfair profit; threat of cash tax are all factors. You can filter by country, e.g. UK or US and see a similar trend of interest just forming.

Master

The point is, BTC is sheltered completely from Central Bank manipulation/ money printing/de valuation etc etc It’s a system that itself disrupted gold as being the store of value and there are many not wearing tin foil hats who think it’s a system designed for the furtherance of the wealthy / banks themselves.

Of course they don’t want you to have the benefits of Bitcoin - is goes against the control they have via their system. I think of BTC as the ultimate disruptive technology, disrupting the entire monetary system. We’ve seen disruptive banks, but they exist in the same central bank system. This is completely different.
    Last edited by demonloop; 27th December 2020 at 12:32.

I'm invested in BTC via the Microstrategy fund...
    Other circuitous routes are available.

https://bitcointreasuries.org/

PS Whilst Michael J Saylor may well be attempting to look, walk and quack like a duck, I'm not so sure he's publicly acknowledging the 'fund' in his company's title yet.

The point is, BTC is sheltered completely from Central Bank manipulation/ money printing/de valuation etc etc It’s a system that itself disrupted gold as being the store of value and there are many not wearing tin foil hats who think it’s a system designed for the furtherance of the wealthy / banks themselves.

Of course they don’t want you to have the benefits of Bitcoin - is goes against the control they have via their system. I think of BTC as the ultimate disruptive technology, disrupting the entire monetary system. We’ve seen disruptive banks, but they exist in the same central bank system. This is completely different.
    Yes, bis it is not money. There is absolutely nothing that you can buy with it except for drugs or illegal weapons. Not sure I find that utility useful to society.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Yes, bis it is not money. There is absolutely nothing that you can buy with it except for drugs or illegal weapons. Not sure I find that utility useful to society.
    I wonder what proportion of Bitcoin is storing capital raised through illegal means?

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    I wonder what proportion of Bitcoin is storing capital raised through illegal means?
    I wonder what proportion of US $ is storing capital raised through illegal means?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vulcangascompany View Post
    I wonder what proportion of US $ is storing capital raised through illegal means?
    A fair amount I suspect but at least it can be traced and investigated by the appropriate authorities.

Master
    Agreed that it’s not conventional money as we know it, but it’s a store of value that is attracting some big players. As it happens I don’t think it will be “the one” in cryptocurrency but it will be for the next decade or so.

Ps my website accepts it, nothing illegal for sale on there