closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 17 of 139 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin

Grand Master
    Very surprised the doubters haven’t banged on about the rubbish gains achieved so far today. !!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RIAC

Grand Master
    The morale of Ally’s cartoon being don’t be a machine or slave to it. Seek freedom and independence

RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    The morale of Ally’s cartoon being don’t be a machine or slave to it. Seek freedom and independence.
    Unless of course your sage advice is already too late - https://www.ticrthing.com/

Very surprised the doubters haven’t banged on about the rubbish gains achieved so far today. !!!!!!
    Have you sold?

You are an investment genius.

Grand Master

Bitcoin

Quote Originally Posted by scottbombedout View Post
    You are an investment genius.
    True story

As it would appear true for all the haters too who clearly are right!

RIAC

Master
    Blog Entries

Not BCH. I thought the forum members could spot a fake a mile off.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    Not BCH. I thought the forum members could spot a fake a mile off.
    I was surprised it dropped off so
    Much. Alright for free

RIAC

Master
    Blog Entries
    I was surprised it dropped off so
    Much. Alright for free

I sell my fork coins straight off. Didnt work out too well but i wasnt expecting Roger Vers to switch and pump. Only had BCH and BTG to date but I have rhodium in a wallet and I will wait for trezor to come up with a splitting tool for the rest. Not daring enough to split them myself.

Craftsman
    I've been watching the market for a little while and now seems to be a good time to buy...maybe! I'm annoyed I missed the real dip earlier this week..but of course it could fall at any moment.

I'm being indecisive as usual and can't decide which of the major coins to have a gamble on. Is there any insight on which might be a better option. Bitcoin Cash seem be be strong now but maybe Litecoin for the longterm...

Any input much appreciated.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jimyu View Post
    I've been watching the market for a little while and now seems to be a good time to buy...maybe! I'm annoyed I missed the real dip earlier this week..but of course it could fall at any moment.

I'm being indecisive as usual and can't decide which of the major coins to have a gamble on. Is there any insight on which might be a better option. Bitcoin Cash seem be be strong now but maybe Litecoin for the longterm...

Jim it’s imposssible. You can make the assumption that all the established ones will rise and regulation is very welcome to give more confidence to it. No doubt the banks will be more active either overtly or covertly in supporting the technology too and you just need to strap in and hold tight. Don’t think any of us imagined it would be where it is but good fun.

RIAC

Craftsman
    Yes you are right.... I just need to stop stalling and jump in I think. I've just been saying to myself 'wait till the price falls to x' but I need to give myself a slap haha

Grand Master
    Yes you are right.... I just need to stop stalling and jump in I think. I've just been saying to myself 'wait till the price falls to x' but I need to give myself a slap haha
    I’ve brought the same coin at £32, £150, £400, £700

RIAC

Master
    Blog Entries
    I'd personally say Ethereum. But as Kerry said, it's all a punt really.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    I'd personally say Ethereum. But as Kerry said, it's all a punt really.
    I’ve got 50% ETH but could trade that out as and when required but always return to it usually

RIAC

Master
    It may be worth starting with spreading your money across a few coins so that you're not trying to pick the 'one'.

It seems many get started on Coinbase where you can get 4 coins (BTC, ETH, LTC and BCH) and then move on from there or not. You may find that you're happy with the coins that Coinbase/GDAX offer and that is fine. There is some really good advice in this thread about various methods of getting money into your Coincase account, other exchanges to use for alt-coins - well worth a read.

As the others have said, just dive in. Maybe drip the money in over a few weeks to start with so that you can buy into any dips.

Don't put in more than you're willing to lose.

Craftsman

The question though is whether you would actually have the courage to buy when its dropping, i certainly struggled to buy when its dropping like a stone..

Master
    I'm over 70% ETH and can only see it doubling or tripling this year.

NEO is also another favourite for me I particularly like the fact you can stake it and get paid GAS for simply holding it.... which is another reason that I'm bullish on PoSW coin (a wallet concept where you can hold all of your staking coins in one place).

Quote Originally Posted by relaxer7 View Post

NEO is also another favourite for me I particularly like the fact you can stake it and get paid GAS for simply holding hodling it.... which is another reason that I'm bullish on PoSW coin (a wallet concept where you can hold all of your staking coins in one place).

Fixed that for you:)

Could you show your workings for this forecast?

Personally I could only see that happening if Bitcoin doubled or tripled and ETH rose on the coattails of BTC, in which case, why not just hold BTC?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tertius View Post
    Could you show your workings for this forecast?

Personally I could only see that happening if Bitcoin doubled or tripled and ETH rose on the coattails of BTC, in which case, why not just hold BTC?
    More gut feel thank 'workings'!...

Fundamentally I'm a big believer in the technology and really think that the door is wide open for blockchains that use smart contracts - I'm of the opinion that the potential market dwarfs that of "store of value" chains i.e. Bitcoin. Platforms like Ethereum are an operating system for decentralised finance and commerce - they power applications... and lots of them. Have a look at the backers/partners they have on board https://entethalliance.org/

Plus, the Ethereum ecosystem is going to be hot in 2018 - plenty of new ICO's launching and last years decentralised apps finally coming to fruition. If it doesn't hit $3k this year I'll eat my imaginary hat :0

Grand Master

Fundamentally I'm a big believer in the technology and really think that the door is wide open for blockchains that use smart contracts - I'm of the opinion that the potential market dwarfs that of "store of value" chains i.e. Bitcoin. Platforms like Ethereum are an operating system for decentralised finance and commerce - they power applications... and lots of them. Have a look at the backers/partners they have on board https://entethalliance.org/

Plus, the Ethereum ecosystem is going to be hot in 2018 - plenty of new ICO's launching and last years decentralised apps finally coming to fruition. If it doesn't hit $3k this year I'll eat my imaginary hat :0
    I’m with you and I’ll eat a hat to celebrate when it tops £3k

RIAC

I have been in crypto since late November, that may not be long in the grand scheme of things but it has been such a tumultuous ride since then that I have never witnessed before.

My thoughts are (shilling some coins for a moment) is Vehchain (VEN) is well worth a punt, I would say it is at roughly the same point that Neo was last year. They are coming off the ethereum platform in Q2 and you will be able to earn 'Thor' as per NEO's 'Gas' the connections and partnerships they have already is staggering. Extrmeley bullish on this one

My other thoughts are NANO (formerly Raiblocks) a zero transaction cost coin, it has taken a beating in recent weeks from its all time high and can only go one way now.

Neo as it is a great platform with a lot of scope, people label it as a the Chinese ethereum, but its transaction speeds are light years ahead compared to eth

Lastly Ethereum classic (ETC) this is the original version of ETH before it forked a couple of years back, it forked due to a hack on the ethereum network which was huge news at the time. But anyway, they have an airdrop in March so if you hold ETC you get the equivalent amount in Calisto - so essentially free coins. It is rising rapidly today already and is down half from its all time high. Has a lot of room to grow

Anyway my shilling over, I hold all of the above for reference and I have been doing tons of research, pick good projects that are solving a real world problem then I don't think you can go far wrong. Also please don't limit yourself to coinbase, Binance, Kucoin are great. Go to coinbase, buy some eth, send to GDAX then send to binance (doing this way you pay zero transfer fees from GDAX and they are the same company as coinbase)

As above Bitcoin cash is a load of crap, its just Roger Ver trying to use his influence, money etc to get rid of bitcoin.

I could ramble on all day about this, for better or worse I spend more time in crypto groups and reddit researching, any questions by all means give me a shout, but not an expert by any means

Well, you may be right (which would be great), but I'm a bit more of a sceptic. Firstly I think the platform has some big issues that need addressing - capacity (as smart contracts get more complex, they individually consume more of the finite transaction capacity); cost (all these smart contracts have to pay in Ether gas, and so transactions can be disproportionately expensive - just look at Golem, 9 yes NINE GNT to withdraw from Bittrex) and of course the "code is law (except it isn't when we don't like what we've accidentally coded)" problem; and secondly the senate hearing while generally positive, did suggest closer scrutiny on ICOs which has the potential to impact ETH more than most.

When moon?

Grand Master
    My prediction. A little more turbulence then it goes to the

RIAC

Hoping ETH rises because the platform is being used a lot is a bit like buying lots of chocolate because the Mars/Masterfoods share price is doing well.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    No, no its not....its a bit like Mars' share price is doing well because you invested in the machine that makes the chocolate, or whatever sugary processed crap the machine spews out.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Hewjardon View Post
    No, no its not....its a bit like Mars' share price is doing well because you invested in the machine that makes the chocolate, or whatever sugary processed crap the machine spews out.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app
    No it isn't. You have no benefit in the additional use of the tech. You don't own shares in the tech. You hold the coin.

The only slight benefit tech wise, is the more people that use the platform the more potential investment in its development- but that's also like assuming that all access database builds are the same imho

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by maxwellwd View Post
    I have been in crypto since late November, that may not be long in the grand scheme of things but it has been such a tumultuous ride since then that I have never witnessed before.

My thoughts are (shilling some coins for a moment) is Vehchain (VEN) is well worth a punt, I would say it is at roughly the same point that Neo was last year. They are coming off the ethereum platform in Q2 and you will be able to earn 'Thor' as per NEO's 'Gas' the connections and partnerships they have already is staggering. Extrmeley bullish on this one

My other thoughts are NANO (formerly Raiblocks) a zero transaction cost coin, it has taken a beating in recent weeks from its all time high and can only go one way now.

Neo as it is a great platform with a lot of scope, people label it as a the Chinese ethereum, but its transaction speeds are light years ahead compared to eth

Lastly Ethereum classic (ETC) this is the original version of ETH before it forked a couple of years back, it forked due to a hack on the ethereum network which was huge news at the time. But anyway, they have an airdrop in March so if you hold ETC you get the equivalent amount in Calisto - so essentially free coins. It is rising rapidly today already and is down half from its all time high. Has a lot of room to grow

Anyway my shilling over, I hold all of the above for reference and I have been doing tons of research, pick good projects that are solving a real world problem then I don't think you can go far wrong. Also please don't limit yourself to coinbase, Binance, Kucoin are great. Go to coinbase, buy some eth, send to GDAX then send to binance (doing this way you pay zero transfer fees from GDAX and they are the same company as coinbase)

As above Bitcoin cash is a load of crap, its just Roger Ver trying to use his influence, money etc to get rid of bitcoin.

I could ramble on all day about this, for better or worse I spend more time in crypto groups and reddit researching, any questions by all means give me a shout, but not an expert by any means
    Thanks for this. Is there any crypto group you particularly recommend? My small foray into that area suggests they are filled with children expecting to be millionaires overnight. Ideally I'm looking for a forum where individuals present their views based on data and real insight.

I sincerely hope you did not get caught up in the Nano controversy with the BitGrail exchange. It looks to have impacted many hard and sent the currency value down.

Quote Originally Posted by jwillans View Post
    Thanks for this. Is there any crypto group you particularly recommend? My small foray into that area suggests they are filled with children expecting to be millionaires overnight. Ideally I'm looking for a forum where individuals present their views based on data and real insight.

I sincerely hope you did not get caught up in the Nano controversy with the BitGrail exchange. It looks to have impacted many hard and sent the currency value down.
    No I put my XRB in the online wallet, I did actually purchase them from Bitgrail but moved them straight out. Not a fault of XRB's here but the shady dealings of the guy who owns the bitgrail exchange, a lot of people got burned unfortunately. This is what sucks about Crypto, but if you read up about the MT Gox exchange a few years back that is even more frightening.

Its difficult - there are some many so called YouTube 'Experts' out there, generally shilling a coin of the week as they get something out of it, not my cup of tea but it can be really difficult wading through the shillers and the actual legit ones. The guy I follow most and is really really good is Peter Mckormack https://www.whatbitcoindid.com/ I go to his AMA's on Facebook, very no nonsense , gives honest opinions and is pretty refreshing. HAve a good read through his website. No affiliation at all but just think he is a bit of a breath of fresh air.

I also follow https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/ but it can get a bit angsty and dramatic, think more the bearpit of crypto

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by maxwellwd View Post
    No I put my XRB in the online wallet, I did actually purchase them from Bitgrail but moved them straight out. Not a fault of XRB's here but the shady dealings of the guy who owns the bitgrail exchange, a lot of people got burned unfortunately. This is what sucks about Crypto, but if you read up about the MT Gox exchange a few years back that is even more frightening.

Its difficult - there are some many so called YouTube 'Experts' out there, generally shilling a coin of the week as they get something out of it, not my cup of tea but it can be really difficult wading through the shillers and the actual legit ones. The guy I follow most and is really really good is Peter Mckormack https://www.whatbitcoindid.com/ I go to his AMA's on Facebook, very no nonsense , gives honest opinions and is pretty refreshing. HAve a good read through his website. No affiliation at all but just think he is a bit of a breath of fresh air.

I also follow https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/ but it can get a bit angsty and dramatic, think more the bearpit of crypto
    Thanks Max - the Peter Mckormack blog looks good and seems to be grounded in analysis which I like. Relieved to hear that you managed to transfer your funds from the exchange prior to the fire storm.

Master
    If anyone is still interested in bitcoin, and cryptos, BBC Panorama documentary "Who Wants to Be a Bitcoin..." on right now is worth a watch.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    If anyone is still interested in bitcoin, and cryptos, BBC documentary "Who Wants to Be a Bitcoin..." on right now is worth a watch.
    Good insight. Uncovers the dodgy side

RIAC

My daughter who was training to be an accountant is now at home having just started maternity leave and is bored (that is about to change any moment!) so I’ve told her to read this thread and given her £1000 to play with.
    Got a feeling that’ll be the last I’ll see of that...

LTC on the up. Obviously the underlying tech etc etc ... just glad I bought in the dip

Grand Master
    Bitcoin Cash too, its too early to claim a gain but a very stable week, I think that theres a little more turbulence due (either direction) then it will have a good strong flight to the stars!
    RIAC

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GregR View Post
    LTC on the up. Obviously the underlying tech etc etc ... just glad I bought in the dip
    "LitePay" is going live on the 26th :)

Chocolate / Mars / Chocolate machines etc

Craftsman
    "LitePay" is going live on the 26th :)

Chocolate / Mars / Chocolate machines etc
    Has the release date just been confirmed explaining the price hike?

I'm tempted to jump aboard...

Craftsman
    Has the release date just been confirmed explaining the price hike?

I'm tempted to jump aboard...
    to answer my own question.. I see that info was released some time ago!

Apprentice
    to answer my own question.. I see that info was released some time ago!
    Yes it was, many but not all presumed it was already priced in, if it was then something else is happening as LTC is now breaking out, great news.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossy View Post
    Yes it was, many but not all presumed it was already priced in, if it was then something else is happening as LTC is now breaking out, great news.
    It does still sit along way from its peak but its been steady
    RIAC

Master
    It's also breezed through major resistance points today so hopefully we'll see higher prices in the next few days.

Finally pulled the trigger and bought some, feel like last one to the party and turning up with Diet Coke lol

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by T1ckT0ck View Post
    Finally pulled the trigger and bought some, feel like last one to the party and turning up with Diet Coke lol
    What you buy?

It's also breezed through major resistance points today so hopefully we'll see higher prices in the next few days.
    I love all the b’lox commentary of resistance, points, barriers etc. All complete nonsense when it comes to this market.
    It's just a matter of time...

Bitcoin

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I love all the b’lox commentary of resistance, points, barriers etc. All complete nonsense when it comes to this market.
    It is not complete nonsense if you’re daily trading, isn’t it?
    I mean certain trading instruments can be used in the crypto market, with good-ish results.. where the “ish” I’ve used it because I’m not a professional trader, so maybe it’s me not making the most out of those “instruments” due to my lack of trading knowledge

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Use whatever jargon you like; it’s still just gambling.

Quote Originally Posted by Belligero View Post
    Use whatever jargon you like; it’s still just gambling.
    True but your chips last a lot longer than they do on a roulette table!