Sky sound

Has anyone got Sky sound yet?

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a7986871.html

The reviews are great but wondered if anyone had tried one

Quote Originally Posted by AndyMilts View Post
    Has anyone got Sky sound yet?

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a7986871.html

The reviews are great but wondered if anyone had tried one
    Are they available yet ? I registered my interest when I got sky q last month. They look great value at £299

Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    Are they available yet ? I registered my interest when I got sky q last month. They look great value at £299
    Yes 249 if you have sky Q, the reviews all seam great, you can order them from last week, but you have to ring them. Placed my order about an hour ago about 2 week delivery as they have got so many orders

Yes 249 if you have sky Q, the reviews all seam great, you can order them from last week, but you have to ring them. Placed my order about an hour ago about 2 week delivery as they have got so many orders
    Same here mate. £249. 14 to 21 days delivery. Great deal in my opinion

Blog Entries
    Anyone out there “pulled the trigger on one of these bad boys yet” and have it in use?

Yes. Got mine few days ago. Linked it up to my sky q box.
    Very impressed with the sound

Yes we got last week, the sound is good, very good. Football sounds great and the dialogue in films is much clearer. You need to use a dedicated remote control to change the volume and it by default boots the tv to HDMI1 but sky is HDMI2. The sky interface also works slightly slower. All of these were issues with the old sound bar we had too, but hoped as it was a sky product they would have been better

How do these connect to the TV, we’ve no spare HDMI connections so do these take all your other devices HDMI (Sky, BluRay, Xbox etc) and pass to TV ?

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    How do these connect to the TV, we’ve no spare HDMI connections so do these take all your other devices HDMI (Sky, BluRay, Xbox etc) and pass to TV ?
    HDMI from sky box into sound box and then out of sound box into TV HDMI so uses no more. Not sure about using more devices and optical cable to TV

Yes we got last week, the sound is good, very good. Football sounds great and the dialogue in films is much clearer. You need to use a dedicated remote control to change the volume and it by default boots the tv to HDMI1 but sky is HDMI2. The sky interface also works slightly slower. All of these were issues with the old sound bar we had too, but hoped as it was a sky product they would have been better
    Andy. It’s possible to set it up so that you use the sky remote to adjust sound box volume

Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    Andy. It’s possible to set it up so that you use the sky remote to adjust sound box volume
    Not managed it yet. But it is possible looking at the Sky forum

Master
    Gets rave reviews for the money so I’ve ordered a unit eagerly awaiting it

Be careful with the height of the sound box. They are about 4” high so will block a bit of the screen unless tv is raised a little of it sits below but they recommend 15cm free space around it
    Andy

Craftsman
    Do they have any sound sync issues? I’ve had a few sound bars and the dialogue is usually a bit behind the lip movements. 🙁

Quote Originally Posted by Alan C View Post
    Do they have any sound sync issues? I’ve had a few sound bars and the dialogue is usually a bit behind the lip movements. 
    Not at the minute with mine but a lot of people do have problems I think. Mine stopped working this morning.

Master
    Set mine up over the weekend and have been very Impressed with it, football is great and I've managed to sync it to the sky q remote and Bluetooth for music which again is great - very pleased