closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Crafter Blue equivalent for SBGA031?

Crafter Blue equivalent for SBGA031?

I've recently purchased a couple of 'Crafter Blue' straps - 1 for the SBDX012 MM300, and 1 for the for 7C43-700A. I am particularly pleased with the MM300 one, although I wish it had a conventional buckle.

I know CB don't do one for the Grand Seiko SBGA031/029 (and have no plans, I've messaged them)... but I was wondering if anyone knows of something in the way of a curved ended rubber strap that would fit nicely on my Grand Seiko?

Master
    Unfortunately can't help, but hope there is something out there as I've always wanted something along these lines for my 029 variant.

Don't think there is anything, I spent some time looking and trying things for my 029 but the shape of the case and how the bracelet fits doesn't lend itself to any of the generic straps. Don't bother trying the Hirsch leonardos!!

The best options is a really thick chunky straight edged rubber that will only leave a smallish gap to the case. After trying a few rubber and leather options I came to appreciate the bracelet a whole lot more and my 029 is back on that and that's where it's staying.

Good luck though and if you find something please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by catflap View Post
    Don't think there is anything, I spent some time looking and trying things for my 029 but the shape of the case and how the bracelet fits doesn't lend itself to any of the generic straps. Don't bother trying the Hirsch leonardos!!

The best options is a really thick chunky straight edged rubber that will only leave a smallish gap to the case. After trying a few rubber and leather options I came to appreciate the bracelet a whole lot more and my 029 is back on that and that's where it's staying.

Good luck though and if you find something please let me know.
    I will post here if I find something.

The best I have found so far is the silicone strap from the SBDB009, PT# R01X011N9. It is actually my favourite watch/strap combo (although that is a transitory state of mind) and, whilst I love the SBGA031's bracelet, I prefer it on the silicone. I wish I hadn't gone with the version with black metalwork though.

I previously had it on the cheaper SBBN017 strap PT# P-22DA0C1DR, but I have been really disappointed with these as they tear really easily... one of them lasted me a few months and another just 3 days! (and no, I don't wear my watches tight). These also weren't a perfect fit for the SBGA031, whereas the newer silicone strap is.