closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hello from me!

Craftsman

Hello from me!

33 yrs old, currently living it Budapest but originally from Surrey, Uk and looking to "get into" watches! My collection (if you can call it that!) is a Tag Heuer Aquaracer I got for my 21st and an AppleWatch I bought on a whim. I am on a waiting list for a ceramic date submariner and told I should have it within a month. I would like to supplement this with a nice dayjust 36 in the coming year. Also interested in a GMT 2 BLNR and a ceramic Daytona but who isn't?!

I have really enjoyed reading the forum and I like the relaxed nature of it all vs. others out there. So I would love a little feedback on the above and also:

50th anniversary Sub is a grail watch for me but I can't bring myself to drop 9k on a 10 year old sub... am I mad?

What YouTube channels do you recommend? I quite like Urban Gentry and tried Archieluxury but the guy is a bit of a bell end!

Anyway... nice to meet you all.

James

Craftsman
    Welcome.

You will really like the sub date.

Long waiting times for the BLNR. In my opinion it is a lovely watch and I will own one when I get the call from the AD. I already have the all black GMT master II and it's an awesome watch.

Master
    Welcome aboard! Any pics of the aquaracer?

Journeyman
    Hello! Tz Uk is an awesome forum imo, and I'm also relatively new here. Topics are varied with great banter and knowledge. I actually like Federico talks watches vs urban gentry ( I heard they fell out) and Archie is a nut job

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Hodinkee talking watches is quite good on youtube.

Welcome

As already recommended Hodinkee is OK and of course you'll learn loads from Archie Luxury
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Blog Entries
    Welcome James. I hope you enjoy the experience of this forum.

You’ll get to know the good guys.

All the very best over there in beautiful B’pest.

Jim

G'Day, and welcome to the mad house.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jlynch1984 View Post
    33 yrs old, currently living it Budapest but originally from Surrey, Uk and looking to "get into" watches! My collection (if you can call it that!) is a Tag Heuer Aquaracer I got for my 21st and an AppleWatch I bought on a whim. I am on a waiting list for a ceramic date submariner and told I should have it within a month. I would like to supplement this with a nice dayjust 36 in the coming year. Also interested in a GMT 2 BLNR and a ceramic Daytona but who isn't?!

I have really enjoyed reading the forum and I like the relaxed nature of it all vs. others out there. So I would love a little feedback on the above and also:

50th anniversary Sub is a grail watch for me but I can't bring myself to drop 9k on a 10 year old sub... am I mad?

What YouTube channels do you recommend? I quite like Urban Gentry and tried Archieluxury but the guy is a bit of a bell end!

Anyway... nice to meet you all.

James
    Welcome

PS - be sure to visit Szimpla Kert in Budapest if you haven't already

Craftsman
    Thanks for all the warm welcomes! they has some nice SS rolexs in the AD here and were very welcoming but the FOREX rate and VAT @27% was a killer. No daytonas unfortunately... 5 year waiting list

Craftsman
    rolex heavy wish list! maybe read around and see what else is out there, you might be pleasantly surprised ;)

Master
    Welcome to a vault of knowledge and temptations.... ;-)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk