closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Help! Charlie Bears

Help! Charlie Bears

You are a weird and wonderful bunch with many different hobbies among you so I'm wanting some advice.

My GF fell in love with a bear (no jokes about me and the gay scene please), when we went into a shop in Lavenham recently.

I didn't know high end bears existed but she picked a particular one up and couldn't put it down.

This is he: http://www.curiosity-corner.com/prod...rliebearszumba

I don't really get why she loved him but each to their own so I'm debating buying him for her for Christmas but want to know what I'm getting.

Does anyone know about bears? Are Charlie Bears good quality and worth the cash?

It's probably a bit more than I intended to spend on her for Xmas but if I do it now it's worth the lack of stress when it comes down to it knowing I've got something she'll love. That said I'll only do it if it's a quality bit of kit.

She's not a bear collector & doesn't know anything more than I do about them so this would be her only expensive bear, I expect.

Your knowledge will be gratefully received, oh wise ones!

Toby

Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches View Post
    You are a weird and wonderful bunch with many different hobbies among you so I'm wanting some advice.

My GF fell in love with a bear (no jokes about me and the gay scene please), when we went into a shop in Lavenham recently.

I didn't know high end bears existed but she picked a particular one up and couldn't put it down.

This is he: http://www.curiosity-corner.com/prod...rliebearszumba

I don't really get why she loved him but each to their own so I'm debating buying him for her for Christmas but want to know what I'm getting.

Does anyone know about bears? Are Charlie Bears good quality and worth the cash?

It's probably a bit more than I intended to spend on her for Xmas but if I do it now it's worth the lack of stress when it comes down to it knowing I've got something she'll love. That said I'll only do it if it's a quality bit of kit.

She's not a bear collector & doesn't know anything more than I do about them so this would be her only expensive bear, I expect.

Your knowledge will be gratefully received, oh wise ones!

Toby
    eBay is your friend. Identical bear for £200 of your finest British pounds (to paraphrase Mr Henry Cole). They do seem very collectible.

sshhh

Hi Toby
    KEEP THIS JUST BETWEEN US !!
    Do you have the QVC channel ?, Charlie Bears are sold on here they are run by a Husband & Wife team , they are well made and very popular but they are expensive i think they are all individually numbered etc… whenever they are on QVC they always sell out ,the reason i mention QVC is that you can buy them on 3 payments to spread the cost

http://www.qvcuk.com/charlie-bears/g...SAAEgJ3BfD_BwE

Cheers

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by arthurDALEY View Post
    Hi Toby
    KEEP THIS JUST BETWEEN US !!
    Do you have the QVC channel ?, Charlie Bears are sold on here they are run by a Husband & Wife team , they are well made and very popular but they are expensive i think they are all individually numbered etc… whenever they are on QVC they always sell out ,the reason i mention QVC is that you can buy them on 3 payments to spread the cost

http://www.qvcuk.com/charlie-bears/g...SAAEgJ3BfD_BwE

Cheers

Wayne
    Thanks for this. Unfortunately her one isn't on there but good to know they're good quality.

Quote Originally Posted by sish101 View Post
    eBay is your friend. Identical bear for £200 of your finest British pounds (to paraphrase Mr Henry Cole). They do seem very collectible.
    Appreciated. I'd seen that but think I'd like to go brand new if possible.

Hi Toby
    just had a look at the schedules , they are actually on tonight at 8pm they have lots of new ones when the show is on
    Friday Night watching Teddy Bears priceless

Hi Toby
    just had a look at the schedules , they are actually on tonight at 8pm they have lots of new ones when the show is on
    Bloody hell...I'll get on that! Rock 'n' Roll. Thanks!

Hi Toby
    Amazing that they can waffle for so long about one item.

Yes they are a worrying couple really !!, mind you some of them are £200 + a pop so worth the waffle i suppose

Craftsman

Help! Charlie Bears

My missus collects them, in fact we just made a pilgrimage to the factory in Cornwall and bought a few bits

Not as collectible as Steiff bears but no where near as expensive (she now collects them too)

Haven’t bought any off QVC, as my understanding is they are the soft ones and she has moved on to the harder scruffy looking ones, can’t remember the exact range names

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blimey.
    I know there are some diverse interests covered by members on this forum, but this is a world I didn't even know existed!

£250 for a stuffed bear is bonkers.
    £250 to keep the other half happy however, is well worth the money!

Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    Blimey.
    I know there are some diverse interests covered by members on this forum, but this is a world I didn't even know existed!

Every single one of these words applies to my knowledge of the market/thinking towards spending the cash.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Blimey.

The same thing could be said about watches on a bear forum, only they'd need to add a few zeros.

Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    The same thing could be said about watches on a bear forum, only they'd need to add a few zeros.
    The price of a strap.

Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    There are forums for stuffed bears?!?!
    Actually, I bet there are....

I need to go for a rest in a cold dark room!

Will they have a Bear Pit?

I had a look around before posting her. Couldn't find much. The odd one but they don't seem well frequented.

Perhaps they're even fewer and further between than WIS?

Do they call themselves BIS?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Hahaha very good!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    I bet there is a Watch Pit.

Just get her a voucher for Build-a-bear Workshop. She can press the little button that fills it with fluff, while you take a picture of the birth for the family album.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Just get her a voucher for Build-a-bear Workshop. She can press the little button that fills it with fluff, while you take a picture of the birth for the family album.

Charlie Bears are good quality and there is a lot of choice. They can be decent value, my wife has a few bears, some of the prices for a tiny handmade bear are incredible, do not let her get into those!

Have a look at the Teddy Bear Shop in Witney, Oxfordshire if you want an eye opener.... thankfully my wife is sensible when we go in.

Master
    There's a Teddy Bear shop in Corfe Castle too.