closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Thoughts on Girard Perregaux watches made in the 80's and 90's.

Craftsman

Thoughts on Girard Perregaux watches made in the 80's and 90's.

Hi All,

My first mechanical watch was a GP and I like to get one again. I have seen a few time only pieces made in the 80's and 90's and they seem good value price wise but more importantly the size is right at between 34 and 38mm.

I would assume these are ETA movements but could anyone give me a steer on the quality of manufacture, ease of servicing, spare parts etc.

Thanks

Can you give us an idea of the ones you have in mind; I'd say there isn't as much G-P knowledge out in the wild like other brands so it's better to set out what it is you are after. Apart from a small box of bits that will one day make the Calibre 352 quartz of my dreams I only have this one. Annoyingly I had a thread on this running on G-P's own customer forum with a good response from them but they've taken it down (the whole forum, that is).

It has a FEF movement in it and I'll see if I can find more info.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Craftsman
    Something similar to the below selection

http://www.compraventarelojes.com/girard.htm

Craftsman
    I really liked GP but wouldn't touch one now. Went to Bicester the other day and seeing the discount offered there on new pieces (classic world times, divers and a minute repeater) really surprised me and put me off the brand. Guess buying an older piece you don't have to worry about depreciation