closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Buying spirits from abroad.

Buying spirits from abroad.

Hello. I'm wondering if it is possible to buy spirits from other parts of the EU by mail order, and if these will be subject to any duty or import restrictions?

This is partly motivated by my interest in independently bottled rums which are not distributed in the UK, and partly by the high taxes levied on spirits.

Master
    Blog Entries
    No problems at all. There are several websites making a very good living from doing so.

As long as the originating country is in the EU there is no tax or duty to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by ernestrome View Post
    Hello. I'm wondering if it is possible to buy spirits from other parts of the EU by mail order, and if these will be subject to any duty or import restrictions?

This is partly motivated by my interest in independently bottled rums which are not distributed in the UK, and partly by the high taxes levied on spirits.
    Buying in the EU for personal consumption is OK, it is the shipping that can be a pain. I bring some sprits back from Germany 4 or 5 times a year as they will ship in Germany but not outside.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Couple of years ago when I had business with Slovenian company, I ordered few boxes of their wine with each shipment. It was dirt cheap (2-3€ per bottle) but very good quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    No problems at all. There are several websites making a very good living from doing so.

As long as the originating country is in the EU there is no tax or duty to pay.
    Any websites in particular? :)

Master
    Blog Entries
    As above, a lot are heavy on postage costs so beware

I use Vinissimus as I happen to like Spanish wine and they do spirits too. They occasionally have 10% off periods

https://www.vinissimus.co.uk/en/

If you're particularly interested in rums - the following "club" has several including some unusual ones now and then, I've ordered rum and tequila from them in the past no problems and postage not too bad.

www.flaviar.com

I've bought from these two websites in the past with no issues.

www.licorea.com

http://www.grauonline.eu

Had some breakages on one shipment, quick e-mail with photos and replacements were sent. All I would say is watch out for the weights...both sites give you the individual bottle weights either way.

No duty etc. as all EU Tax paid.