closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: TAG Service or indeppendent

Journeyman

TAG Service or indeppendent

My partners TAG has stopped and although it is probably just a battery, Ladies Formula 1, is it worth the hassle delay etc of sending to TAG or should I get an independent to do it.

Pro's for TAG that I see is keeping the warranty intact and all the ancillary stuff, such as pressure testing etc which is probably just fluff around "replacing a battery".

Cons £85 and I have seen more than a few horror stories plus probably away for a week. Potential discovery of unobserved "mystery" issues and a bill for £300.

If there is a any recomendations for somewhere in Liverpool or Manchester that would help
    Last edited by pingu; 19th October 2017 at 23:51.

ianwalsh-watchmaking.com

No affiliation other than a satisfied customer.

If it's still under warranty take it back and let them sort it under warranty. A battery should last longer than two years.

If it's not under warranty, it's not difficult to do yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    ianwalsh-watchmaking.com

No affiliation other than a satisfied customer.
    Ian does official servicing for Tag as well, so going official may end up on his bench anyway.

Master
    Well worth looking into doing a battery yourself, often quite simple as long as care taken. Otherwise a trusted Indy all day long, post initial warranty period, if it were my money. Loads of recommendations on here, even some members who'd possibly help.

Craftsman
    Try n independent, tag will try to charge a service and I heard that tag now ask for a seal check now every years which they charge the price of the battery

Quote Originally Posted by pingu View Post
    My partners TAG has stopped and although it is probably just a battery, Ladies Formula 1, is it worth the hassle delay etc of sending to TAG or should I get an independent to do it.

Pro's for TAG that I see is keeping the warranty intact and all the ancillary stuff, such as pressure testing etc which is probably just fluff around "replacing a battery".

Cons £85 and I have seen more than a few horror stories plus probably away for a week. Potential discovery of unobserved "mystery" issues and a bill for £300.

If there is a any recomendations for somewhere in Liverpool or Manchester that would help
    A week! Ha!

Friend of mine sent his 3 YO F1 Chrono back to TAG (on my advice, sadly) for a battery, a month later he got a quote of over £500 for servicing. It's a 3 YO quartz, which was running perfectly prior to the battery going. Luckily they sent it back before doing anything, he took it to Timpsons who charged him a tenner.