closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cousins catalogue

Cousins catalogue

received one of these today,I've only ever ordered a couple of things,so this came out of the blue,had a quick look ,and can't believe how cheap some things are,some movements for less than £10,loads of stuff in there not just watches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    can't believe how cheap some things are,some movements for less than £10,loads of stuff in there not just watches
    Don't forget that they are supposed to be trade prices(and minus VAT).

Craftsman

cousins

I had to sign for mine by the postman, and I had no idea what it was. It seems quite a retro way to do things in the internet age and must have been costly to send and print. About the size of an old telephone directory. Weird!!

Grand Master
    Yes, my copy arrived this morning!

I'm surprised they're sending them out, they've committed very heavily to selling via the website and despite their shortcomings ( which are well-documented) they do a pretty good job of it. The website shows whether parts are in stock and gives up to date prices, can't see what the paper catalogue adds.

I enjoy getting the small catalogues every few weeks that highlight new lines/ special offers, that's far more useful.

Paul

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dave.charlton View Post
    I had to sign for mine by the postman, and I had no idea what it was. It seems quite a retro way to do things in the internet age and must have been costly to send and print. About the size of an old telephone directory. Weird!!
    Not so weird. Whilst online is the way things are going, a physical catalogue that people can hold and look at encourages sales, both online and to people who would not consider going online. A lot of B2B online businesses still have paper catalogues.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Not so weird. Whilst online is the way things are going, a physical catalogue that people can hold and look at encourages sales, both online and to people who would not consider going online. A lot of B2B online businesses still have paper catalogues.
    I agree, I'd like to flick through something like this. Used to like looking through the Maplin catalogue at various electronic bits.

Mine arrived yesterday. Back to the childhood days of Kays and Traffords catalogues (without the ladies underwear section). All 1400 pages of it and it can't be cheap to roll out. Decent thumb-through though.

Craftsman
    Just revived one 2days ago

Quote Originally Posted by Newby View Post
    Just revived one 2days ago
    It's ok?

Its a bit of tomb, but we should be able to opt out of receiving this as we can see most if not all of the stuff on the Cousin's website. We don't need more environmental waste. The cost in CO2 & NO of transporting all these directories!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    It's ok?
    No, deteriorated again and now in the tomb apparently.

Personally I'd rather peruse a paper catalogue than stare at a computer.

Nice to see in this day and age.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Banned
    I have one of these catalogues and I actually enjoy looking at it . Unreal how many items are in there . Great if your repairing or modding a Seiko .its true the movements are so cheap , are they still selling the eta movements ?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Mine arrived yesterday and I'm enjoying flicking through it. I think I've spent about twenty quid with them in total and given the size of it I suspect my net value as a customer just went back to zero.

And if you're feeling anal, there's this...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Personally I'd rather peruse a paper catalogue than stare at a computer.
    To be honest, me too. I like paper catalogues like this as a reference. It can often be more useful than a website, even though I prefer to order via the web.

I prefer to learn technical information from paper books too. I seem to take information in better and I can flip back and forth in a way that no electronic form factor (as yet) can facilitate.

Journeyman
    Got one too. Damn good read and so much more enjoyable than browsing the website.

Blog Entries
    None for me, as yet. I am clearly a customer of a lesser quality than you lot. ;-)

A not-terribly-related anecdote:-
    A long time ago, the marketing director of the IT-related company I worked for at the time was interviewed by a prestigious marketing magazine. Clearly this was a great opportunity to promote both the business and his own profile. Amongst other things, he came out with this gem in the interview: "We are progressing well with our plan of improving the quality of the customers." Ah. This did not go down terribly well with the existing customers, many of whom were marketing professionals and computer industry journalists who were only too glad to pass on the gem in their own publications.

Craftsman
    Received a copy of this late last week.
    Retro though it may be perceived to send out such a weighty tome, I still had fun going through it yesterday afternoon.

Whilst I like looking through the website, it is still nice to browse through a paper catalogue, and is a very good reference point.

As others have mentioned, I have not bought much from them in the past, so am surprised that they have sent one to me, however I will keep it on the shelf, and will probably refer to it from time to time.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app