closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: OT - Bluetooth Speakers

OT - Bluetooth Speakers

Hi all,

not quite sure whether this is the right section of the forum to post, but i'm pretty sure i've seen other OT here before..
    alas i apologise in advance..

I've been looking at a few Bluetooth speakers on the web.. but it's hard to tell the difference from one another tbh..

so i was wandering whether some of you own one, and what is your suggestion when on the market for a portable speaker.

my budget is around the 150£ and i might stretch it a bit only if there was something worthy the extra money.

Thank you all
    Claudio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I trust the reviews on what hi fi. They haven't let me down so far.
    https://www.whathifi.com/products/hi...ment=best-buys

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by scucivolo View Post
    Hi all,

not quite sure whether this is the right section of the forum to post, but i'm pretty sure i've seen other OT here before..
    alas i apologise in advance..

I've been looking at a few Bluetooth speakers on the web.. but it's hard to tell the difference from one another tbh..

so i was wandering whether some of you own one, and what is your suggestion when on the market for a portable speaker.

my budget is around the 150£ and i might stretch it a bit only if there was something worthy the extra money.

Thank you all
    Claudio

George & Dragon is the Off-topic section. You'll be better off there

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asteclaru View Post
    George & Dragon is the Off-topic section. You'll be better off there
    Watch talk......Primarily for discussion of watches and accessories but no hard and fast rules

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    Watch talk......Primarily for discussion of watches and accessories but no hard and fast rules
    What I meant was that he's more likely to find what he's after in G&D

Journeyman
    i 2nd what hifi, also richer sounds, i’d stay away from sony and the main stream if possible and look more towards cambridge audio etc if budget allowed.

Can you guys name some brands/models that you are/have been familiar with? please.. do that i have somewhere to start from..

thank you

Master
    Monitor Audio Airstream...brilliant.

I recently bought a B&O Beoplay A1, a little over budget but it certainly a great little bluetooth speaker. The flat design with the cord means it sits great on a table, hanging off a door handle etc, really versitile. Only downside is the buttons are a little hard to see in certain light.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PLAY-Bang-O...06XDK1SSR?th=1

Master
    I have a Bose Bluetooth speaker. I don't use it a great deal, and I can't compare it against anything else but it does put out a decent sound. Think it was around £100 a few years ago. Very solid little thing too

Blog Entries
    Plenty within budget and for that money you would certainly be looking at a full set with B&P’s and stickers complete

Pitch

Master
    Bose soundlink mini, simply stunning sound quality also less than your budget.

Craftsman
    +1 for the soundlink mini

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Agreed Bose Soundlink mini.

Sonos systems are good too IMO

Master
    Ive got a bose sounbdlink mini 2nd genertation and its an impressive bit of kit, ive also got the new bose revolve + which is bigger and better but both are excellent

Craftsman
    I use a Bluetooth speaker when giving presentations for work, tried various ones and in the end purchased the Bose Soundlink (not the Mini) and its a great bit of kit. Its now about three years old, has been all round Europe with me and its still excellent.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    +1

I have a Breitling B55 with Bluetooth connectivity - don’t think it works with speakers though.

The newer bluetooth aptX is optimised for audio and should give the best sound quality.

It is still sub CD quality though.

Martin

Master
    Spend a bit of time on this guy's Youtube channel: he reviews loads of speakers:

https://www.youtube.com/user/clavinetjunkie/videos

The usual answer you will get is "Bose Soundlink Mini" but while it is ok it does have some issues (eg bass heavy & not good if you want to listen off axis).

Master
    I use a UE boom and bought my father a Bose sounlink mini, the Bose slightly edges it on sound to my ears very close but sounds slightly better when side by side, the boom however is bomb proof and waterproof excellent sound plus charges on any micro usb.

Craftsman
    I brought a second hand zeppelin from here and paired it with a Bluetooth adapter. Sounds stunning and was less than your budget. The older zeppelins are relatively cheap due to the old style apple connector.

A lot depends on what your use case is - are you looking for the best possible sound? Loudest? Lowest weight? Best battery life? Waterproof? Additional inputs? Ability to control it remotely? Built-in controls for volume/next track/etc? NFC connections?

I was looking for a Bluetooth speaker recently - my personal "must have" requirements were that I wanted something with decent volume (loud enough to be able to hear in the shower) and the ability to play music from an SD or microSD card or USB memory stick.

I ended up with a Creative iRoar Go, and have been extremely happy with it.

Many inputs: Bluetooth, USB, microSD, aux.
    Good battery life: 8 to 12 hours on a charge.
    Decent app (I listen to a lot of new-to-me music on SD card, and the phone app can show me what's playing on the iRoar Go. Can also control volume, track, equalisation, etc from app).
    Other features (which I haven't used): built-in microphone, so can use it as a hands-free for phone calls, record conversations, etc. Can also use the built-in battery to charge your phone (via USB port).

Only slight downside is that you have to use the Creative charger - you can't charge it via microUSB.

https://uk.creative.com/p/speakers/creative-iroar-go

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01KADIGIY/

I brought a Jam Heavy Metal Bluetooth speaker recently (don't be put off by the silly name). It really is superb sound for the money and you can get 2 with your budget!

https://www.whathifi.com/jam/heavy-metal-hx-p920/review