closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Moonwatch bracelet upgrade?

Apprentice

Moonwatch bracelet upgrade?

With the improvements Omega have made over the last few years to their bracelets throughout the ranges, do you feel that it is maybe time for the Moonwatch pro bracelet to have an overhaul, both too the aesthetics and function (micro adjust etc).

D.

Master
    It was upgraded to have screws, because... screws. I'd like to see the smaller push to adjust clasp fitted.

Master
    I'd like them to go back to the more toolish looking earlier style. The new ones look a bit blingy imo. I wouldn't say no to glidelock though so long as it didn't end up being a nasty thick clasp. While they're not the best in the world, I love the old micro-adjustment clasps because they were simple and relatively discrete. The clasp on my broad arrow however, is unplasant and chunky even if it is far better made.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
    It was upgraded to have screws, because... screws. I'd like to see the smaller push to adjust clasp fitted.
    I fitted an adjustable clasp on the original pin type. Lots of information on parts needed etc on WUS Omega forum.

I've often thought this. I wonder how hard it would be to make a modern version of the 1039, bearing in mind the watch head is essentially the same as the moonwatch.

I tried on a Grand Seiko 36000 GMT a couple of years ago and thought while the watch head was unbelievably well made, the bracelet was a pile of junk. I don't know if they've improved of late but it shouldn't be hard to make a decent bracelet, especially with some adjustability. Rolex seems to be miles ahead of their competition in this respect.
    "A man of little significance"

Love the 1039 bracelet ,one of my all time favs