closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: FLAT FOUR insert on classic SD 16600

Craftsman

FLAT FOUR insert on classic SD 16600

Perhaps some of you have already seen my Classic SD v Modern Sub thread (link in the next post). While the Sub-c is at the polisher for some TLC, I've been wearing the SD daily and falling more in love with it...

But today I only just realised that it has the "Flat Four" bezel insert and it got me wondering, do I happen to have stumbled across a particularly desirable version of the 16600?

It's millennial year (2000, K serial), with drilled lug hole, SEL bracelet, luminova dial...and this flat 4 bezel insert.

Anyone care to comment whether this might be "more desirable" i.e. command a slight premium over other versions of the 16600?

PS - regrettably it's a watch only with no paperwork or boxes, just for completeness.
    Last edited by Chris_X; 19th October 2017 at 19:17.

Craftsman
    http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?t=409499

Link to my SD v SubC thread for those interested to comment

Craftsman
    Was hoping for more of a response to this 😂 any experts out there who can let me have their opinions? Thanks

Weren't the flat fours used on inserts until around 2004 or so. The Kermit threads confirm that and I have seen them on 14060m (2 liners).

If I am right That would make yours the correct and original insert, nice but nothing special financially.

Master
    Just checked my 1999 'swiss' dial Sea-dweller which has the same insert. As per the post above I think they were all 'flat 4' inserts until 2004. The LV was only introduced in 2003 so a fairly limited number have this insert, hence the premium. I don't imagine the premium applies to other models with a longer production run.

Craftsman
    Right I see, thanks for the clarification guys...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Weren't the flat fours used on inserts until around 2004 or so. The Kermit threads confirm that and I have seen them on 14060m (2 liners).

If I am right That would make yours the correct and original insert, nice but nothing special financially.
    Flat 4 inserts where used up until 2003 Y series on Seadwellers