closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Silverstone Porsche Auction is upon us.

Silverstone Porsche Auction is upon us.

Just for those who enjoy some of Stuttgart's finest.

https://www.silverstoneauctions.com/...2017/view_lots

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Some really smart stuff there,way out of my price range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Am heading over on Saturday, one of my good mates works there, although having just bought a GT3 the fun token bank is empty!!!

I'm fairly confident the GT3 will more than compensate for that somehow...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Miocene View Post
    I'm fairly confident the GT3 will more than compensate for that somehow...
    Here's hoping!!!

Master
    It'll be very interesting to see what sells. The front engined cars have pretty aggressive estimates and I'm not sure if they are still actually fetching the money. We shall see.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
    It'll be very interesting to see what sells. The front engined cars have pretty aggressive estimates and I'm not sure if they are still actually fetching the money. We shall see.
    Likewise, I'm intrigued to see what the 924 Carrera GT and the 944 Turbo S bring. I'm also rather interested to see what the 996 GT3 does for obvious reasons!

I was thinking the same to me to be honest.

we live in crazy times, but great news for existing Porsche Owners. I recently upped the insurance valuation on my Porsche to £60k, but yesterday it was suggested even this was light and that it would cost closer to £80k to replace.

All helps the retirement fund.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Those 944 prices look very optimistic - although SA prices are usually higher than the 'ordinary' market......although so are the fees!!

The 924 CGT looks great value at the estimate compared to the 944 prices.

Quote Originally Posted by RS404 View Post
    The 924 CGT looks great value at the estimate compared to the 944 prices.

Agreed, but it would be so tempting to make it into a GTS. Did you see who the previous owner was

i will be interested to see what #222 goes for. Although mine is nicer and black.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Journeyman
    With an eye on the 930s, they almost seem reasonable value.

Quote Originally Posted by Wittymoniker View Post
    With an eye on the 930s, they almost seem reasonable value.

Dick Lovett has one for sale at the moment - just £150k, but it is very nice with only 35k miles.

The problem however is that the first turbos are tricky buggers to drive simply because the lag.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Dick Lovett has one for sale at the moment - just £150k, but it is very nice with only 35k miles.

The problem however is that the first turbos are tricky buggers to drive simply because the lag.
    I have one, albeit not as nice as his. It’s only really a concern on the rare occasion that it’s on boost, but any lady approaching forty should be treated appropriately!

Quote Originally Posted by Wittymoniker View Post
    I have one, albeit not as nice as his. It’s only really a concern on the rare occasion that it’s on boost, but any lady approaching forty should be treated appropriately!

These are very wise words and mudt be treated with a huge amount of respect. Much more so than the newer cars.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by ditchvisitor View Post
    Likewise, I'm intrigued to see what the 924 Carrera GT and the 944 Turbo S bring. I'm also rather interested to see what the 996 GT3 does for obvious reasons!

The 924 was 37.5k
    The 944 Turbo S was £19k
    The 993 Turbo S over 250k

the two 964 RS's £119k and 220k respectively.

The 964 I was looking at sold for £42k bargin, but questionable colour and horrid interior.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Blog Entries
    The 964 RS must be the cheapest in the world? Went for £105k, non matching numbers though, the 993 Turbo S went for £225k plus fees! My mate was tempted by the Red with tan 930 but it went for strong money. All in all a good day out.

Having just bought a mint 996 GT3, it's was good to see that the one they had was well tracked, non original and looking quite tired!

Quote Originally Posted by ditchvisitor View Post
    The 964 RS must be the cheapest in the world? Went for £105k, non matching numbers though, the 993 Turbo S went for £225k plus fees! My mate was tempted by the Red with tan 930 but it went for strong money. All in all a good day out.

Having just bought a mint 996 GT3, it's was good to see that the one they had was well tracked, non original and looking quite tired!

I suspect the cheap 964 RS had quite a few issues, i.e I have no idea whether the alloys were original - these would cost £20k to replace - if you could find them. But the non-machine engine numbers would be a deal breaker, unless Porsche signed off on it as having a genuine RS replacement. The whole point of the RS is the engine, suspension and the welded chassis - if it hasn't got this then it's just a C2. In which case it's very expensive.

Friedrich Nietzsche