closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: LA Hire Car Companies

LA Hire Car Companies

OK Other than the usual Avis and Hertz, who do you lot recommend?

Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    OK Other than the usual Avis and Hertz, who do you lot recommend?

Fish
    I've always used Dollar, hired a car at LAX on one trip and got a slow puncture in JTree, drove to Palm Springs to drop a friend off and thought I'd pop in to the Dollar branch in Palm Springs and get them to change it...they took the car and upgraded me to a different one and sent me on my way!

As a contrast I once hired a car via enterprise in the U.K. and got a puncture (nail in tyre). Called Enterprise who told me to get it replaced otherwise they'd do it and charge me more than it would cost me at a local garage!!

I used dollar for the first time in years and wasn’t very happy. Got conned at check in even though I’m a seasoned traveller/us hirer. Did get it sorted (charged me for ‘premium’ roadside even though I’d rejected it). I was told by their own staff at another location that LAX staff are renowned for this and give their company a bad name and they were fed up of it.

I used to use carhire3000 I think it was called as a comparison but have to say prices seem to have gone up a lot over the last few years. Although that will be poor £ to $ I presume.

I’ve always been happy with Hertz.

Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    I used dollar for the first time in years and wasn’t very happy. Got conned at check in even though I’m a seasoned traveller/us hirer. Did get it sorted (charged me for ‘premium’ roadside even though I’d rejected it). I was told by their own staff at another location that LAX staff are renowned for this and give their company a bad name and they were fed up of it.

I used to use carhire3000 I think it was called as a comparison but have to say prices seem to have gone up a lot over the last few years. Although that will be poor £ to $ I presume.

I’ve always been happy with Hertz.
    Good to know for the next time I'm in LA 👍🏻