closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Newcastle Upon Tyne

Newcastle Upon Tyne

Hello,

Heading into Newcastle this afternoon. Anywhere good to go for watches? Vintage and Pre owned.

Thanks

Craftsman
    not sure re vintage/preowned, nothing stood out when I lived there. But the Berry's has an incredible range to drool over.

You could try Ramsdens, or cash converters.
    This is the land of Wonga pay day loans, and high street shopping in your best track suit, or onesie pyjamas.

If you want to go window shopping, start at Berry's at Greys Monument, then head around to Goldsmiths, and keep going down hill on Pilgrim Street to the "Newcastle Jewellery Co." second hand shop.
    They normally have a few Omegas in stock, and they once had an overpriced double red Sea Dweller in for £17k or £18k (when they were £14k everywhere else)

Master
    No idea if there are any hidden gems, but there is a row of high end jewellers right by the Monument, so you can ogle the latest offerings from Rolex, Omega, Panerai, Tudor Breitling etc and gasp at the prices!

Berry shave some brand new "pre owned " Rolex at a decent discounts

Craftsman
    There's is a watch repair kiosk in Eldon Square just behind M&S who also sell some vintage watches Tudor, Rolex, Omega.
    http://www.watchrepaircentre.co.uk/mobile/

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinch View Post
    There's is a watch repair kiosk in Eldon Square just behind M&S who also sell some vintage watches Tudor, Rolex, Omega.
    http://www.watchrepaircentre.co.uk/mobile/
    avoid those guys like the plague. Sent a rolex 1500 to them for a routine service. It stopped running within a week of coming back, after the same thing happening twice more (and months later) they said they would have to do a 'full service' and fully disassemble the watch (which they said would be done the first time). I gave up and went elsewhere, total cowboys that don't know what they are doing. When I went to pick up the watch the last time they said I'd have to come back because they couldn't find it!!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeny View Post

You could try Ramsdens, or cash converters.
    This is the land of Wonga pay day loans, and high street shopping in your best track suit, or onesie pyjamas.

If you want to go window shopping, start at Berry's at Greys Monument, then head around to Goldsmiths, and keep going down hill on Pilgrim Street to the "Newcastle Jewellery Co." second hand shop.
    They normally have a few Omegas in stock, and they once had an overpriced double red Sea Dweller in for £17k or £18k (when they were £14k everywhere else)

Generally poor experience there. Went in after seeing an Explorer in the window and keen to buy. Was told to come back another day as they were too busy and had lost the paperwork.

Master
    There's always a good selection of pre-owned in One of the shops in the Metro Centre, never bought from them though.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by OHG1X View Post
    There's always a good selection of pre-owned in One of the shops in the Metro Centre, never bought from them though.
    Market Cross and David Summerfield.

Craftsman
    Not used David Summerfield but tempted to pop up there at the weekend as he has a 16713 GMT I am tempted by, hopefully get it at a fair price with a bit of haggling ;)

Just seen this in the Newcastle Jewellery co:http://www.newcastlejewellery.com/in...emart&Itemid=1
    Not a bad price for a Daytona but the bezel is over polished, happened to mine years ago and a new one is not cheap.